• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Official NHL thread 2007-2008

Id cream my pants if the Jackets pulled out a winning season. With hitchcock at the helm they were above .500. So with that being said Im optomistic.

If they don't have any major injuries ( mainly Rick Nash ) , I think they have a chance to have a winning record . They need all their scorers to produce like Nash , Modin , Zherdev and Fedorov . And they need consistent goaltending from Leclaire and Norrena .

nealdrox; said:
Id cream my pants if the Jackets pulled out a winning season. With hitchcock at the helm they were above .500. So with that being said Im optomistic.

I agree. Last season, the Jackets were sunk before Hitchcock arrived, otherwise, they might've broke even.

bigbadbrody

Banned
I think he sold himself short for the stability of staying with Ottawa.

Well maybe he could have got more money but he probably decided he had to prove himself before he got the really big money . Let's see if he can be as good next year and then maybe put him in the same group as Brodeur , Luongo , Miller etc .

Well maybe he could have got more money but he probably decided he had to prove himself before he got the really big money . Let's see if he can be as good next year and then maybe put him in the same group as Brodeur , Luongo , Miller etc .

I think Brodeur is in a group on his own... no one else is close to him right now, number wise... and Cup wise... Luongo has shown great potential, just as Miller...

There are some good Goalies that can achieve greatness still. Turco,Luongo,Emery,Miller. The might make it to the same level as Brodeur.

bd11; said:
I think Brodeur is in a group on his own... no one else is close to him right now, number wise... and Cup wise... Luongo has shown great potential, just as Miller...

I'm not sure if I would agree to that. Sure, you can't blame NJ's lack of offense in the playoffs on him, but I really think that, for the majority of the playoffs, Brodeur really was out of form and showing his age.

I'm not sure if I would agree to that. Sure, you can't blame NJ's lack of offense in the playoffs on him, but I really think that, for the majority of the playoffs, Brodeur really was out of form and showing his age.

We at least saw that Brodeur can't put the team on his back as much as he used too . Still he was very good at the end of the series vs Tampa and that made the difference . If the Lightning had better goaltending I'm sure they would have won but since brodeur was far superior to Holmqvist he prevailed in the end . So Brodeur is still the best but he's on the downside of his carreer.

Thunder Bolt; said:
We at least saw that Brodeur can't put the team on his back as much as he used too . Still he was very good at the end of the series vs Tampa and that made the difference . If the Lightning had better goaltending I'm sure they would have won but since brodeur was far superior to Holmqvist he prevailed in the end . So Brodeur is still the best but he's on the downside of his carreer.

How many "good" years do you think he has left?

bigbadbrody

Banned