• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
The key to changing this series is all the result of Coach Q shaking up the lines. Toews' line totally shut down Kopitar's crew and the Saad-Kane-Shaw line has produced great scoring results. Back in the 1970s, the Blues fired Al Arbour and all he did was go to the Islanders and win 4 Stanley Cups. They fired Coach Q back in '04 and now he is on the verge of winning his 3rd Cup with the Hawks.

Ugh....the Blues....what an aptly-named franchise. :facepalm:

Ouch. That's a Mizzourah franchise alright. That's as bad as Mizzou's own Bud Wilkinson going onto build a Dynasty at Oklahoma and hiring Frank Broyels over Bob Devaney who would only stay one season before he went on to win a NC at Arkansas, and Devaney? Would later build a Dynasty at Nebraska.

I'm not a Blues fan but this whole state is snake bitten with the exception of the Cards. :facepalm:

Just broke up with this crazy girl I was with so I could watch the WCF. Oh well. I like golfing more than I did her nagging anyway. :D

Ouch. That's a Mizzourah franchise alright. That's as bad as Mizzou's own Bud Wilkinson going onto build a Dynasty at Oklahoma and hiring Frank Broyels over Bob Devaney who would only stay one season before he went on to win a NC at Arkansas, and Devaney? Would later build a Dynasty at Nebraska.

I'm not a Blues fan but this whole state is snake bitten with the exception of the Cards. :facepalm:

No. Rams won it with Warner and almost won it twice. Try being a Vikings fan.

Chicago up 1-0.

2-0

Game over? I might as well stop drinking the Bud right now at this rate. C'mon, Kings.

We are now drinking Champagne. Just an UNREAL series that was between the 2 best teams in the NHL. If this had been the SCF people would be talking about this series for some time. Hockey "won" this series as much or more than the Kings did.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Yes, the better team won, unfortunately. Great series though. Helluva lot of fun to watch.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yes, the better team won, unfortunately. Great series though. Helluva lot of fun to watch.

It sure was! Great series....too bad someone had to lose. Flukey goal too....somehow appropriate. Almost like the two teams were so evenly match that it as time to flip a coin. Nobody outside New Yawk giving the Rangers any chance....I'll be pulling for them though. I despise the Kings (although much of it is based on jealousy I will concede). I just don't like them although I very much respect them. Let's go Rangers!!

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Can't root for the Rangers. Unfortunately, they are like the Yankees of 1998-2000. Don't like them on principle, but like many of the players.

I kind of at heart like the Rags and want them to win because McDonagh went to high school at CDH in my home city and Stepan went to high school just south of St. Paul, so that would be two guys that would be bringing the Cup back to my area. Otherwise Gaborik is still my favorite player and I still root for him.

Doesn't really matter, everyone is picking the Kings at this moment and they will probably win it in 5. Two of the best goalies in the world though going at it and I hope to see some good hockey. I am going to say Kings in 5 games.

nightwanker

Proud first owner of FreeOnes Playing Cards
I would had liked the New York - Chicago final, because I am kind of original six, classic tradionalist - well kind of - (who's interested in those newbies from Los Angeles anyway? ;) )
But the two biggest cities, east coast west coast etc, also is kind of interesting!
Of course I am rooting for New York, they are older and much closer to Europe :D
Anyway within the last few years I came to terms with the Kings.
At least they are not that new anymore...

Jagger69

Rangers put up a great fight but you've got to show more offense than they did after LA tied the game up tonight if you expect to win. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before the Kings will find a way to score on you....just as they have consistently throughout the playoffs. No reason to panic for New York though....until or unless they lose a game on home ice, this series is up for grabs. However, they blew a golden opportunity to steal a win tonight and that may come back to haunt them later on in the series. LA is really good.

Rangers put up a great fight but you've got to show more offense than they did after LA tied the game up tonight if you expect to win. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before the Kings will find a way to score on you....just as they have consistently throughout the playoffs. No reason to panic for New York though....until or unless they lose a game on home ice, this series is up for grabs. However, they blew a golden opportunity to steal a win tonight and that may come back to haunt them later on in the series. LA is really good.

The SCF are OVER! Rangers will regret pissing away G1. That was the game Kings were most vulnerable after the brutally tough Hawks' series. Kings in 5

Jagger69

The SCF are OVER! Rangers will regret pissing away G1. That was the game Kings were most vulnerable after the brutally tough Hawks' series. Kings in 5

I saw the other night that this was the 14th time a 2-goal lead had been relinquished by a team in this year's playoffs. Amazing. I guess the old adage about a 2-goal lead being the most dangerous one in hockey absolutely is the truth. I thought game one was not only closely-fought but very entertaining as well. While I don't necessarily disagree with your prediction on the eventual outcome I will say that this series is not over by any means. There is still plenty of really good hockey left to be played, watched and enjoyed....and I will still be rooting for the Rangers no matter what.

I saw the other night that this was the 14th time a 2-goal lead had been relinquished by a team in this year's playoffs. Amazing. I guess the old adage about a 2-goal lead being the most dangerous one in hockey absolutely is the truth. I thought game one was not only closely-fought but very entertaining as well. While I don't necessarily disagree with your prediction on the eventual outcome I will say that this series is not over by any means. There is still plenty of really good hockey left to be played, watched and enjoyed....and I will still be rooting for the Rangers no matter what.

Series is OVER! Rangers blew their best chance to steal a game in LA - something they must do to win this. Kings get a decent break with an extra day's rest between G1 and G2. They will have fresher legs and it will show. The series is OVER

Jagger69

Series is OVER! Rangers blew their best chance to steal a game in LA - something they must do to win this. Kings get a decent break with an extra day's rest between G1 and G2. They will have fresher legs and it will show. The series is OVER

Why bother playing 3 more games then? Just sayin'.... :dunno:

Jagger69

I bet the Rags sure wish Gabby was wearing their unis at the moment now, huh.

Yeah....they could sure use some scoring punch from somebody. After their SOGs went down to almost nothing in the third period the other night, it was only a matter of when, not if. Lundqvist could stand on his head and spit nickels all night long and they still wouldn't have been able to win. Lombardi getting Gaborik for Matt Frattin (who??) and a couple of draft picks has to be the move of the year in the NHL.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
How does Lundqvist compare to Mike Richter?

We in the UK hardly get any coverage of the NHL, and can only go by what's been written in the press.I know that Lundqvist is in the running for being a legend, but when I saw Richter play in the 90's he was pretty immense, and I wonder if Lundqvist is anywhere near to good as, or better than what Richter was.

Jagger69

Overall, Lundqvist's stats are better than Richter's but, since Richter is perhaps one of the greatest American-born goaltenders of all time, he probably has a higher standard to live up to to gain the type of reverence that Richter achieved. Winning a Cup would help a lot but that's going to be a tall order this season considering their present competition.

Jagger69

Holy shit what a game last night! :eek: I mean, as a Blues fan, I really don't give a shit about either one of these teams and I was sitting on the edge of my chair all night. It was just a great hockey game. These two teams are a lot more evenly-matched than anyone thought going into this series. Either one of these first 2 games in LA could have easily gone the other way....especially last night when the OTs were just a flurry of activity at each end of the ice (not to mention the rather iffy 3rd goal that LA scored....a judgment call so it's moot but it sure looked like goaltender interference to me).

We'll see what happens when they go back to MSG. Obviously, game 3 will be pivotal. This is what the Stanley Cup finals should be....tremendous effort, grit and determination between 2 teams who are giving it their all. I love this....nothing else like it in the world of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.