• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Official NHL thread 2007-2008

bigbadbrody

Banned
There's a sort of unwritten rule about filling in offer sheets for players. Bobby Clarke took a lot of fire for being the first person to put in an offer sheet in over 10 years or so by putting in an offer sheet for Ryan Kesler of the 'Nucks.

Stealing RFA's from a team is really bad business though, since it'll ruin your relationship with other GM's, which would make future trades much harder.

why would he want Ryan Kessler in the first place? He was injured for 90% of the season and played one or two games at the most, and was terrible in both

why would he want Ryan Kessler in the first place? He was injured for 90% of the season and played one or two games at the most, and was terrible in both

Because the last couple years Bobby was managing he was borderline nuts. Part of me enjoyed the stupid/crazy move while another part of me felt bad because he was losing touch with what really needed to be done to improve Philly. Holmgren is in charge now and things are starting to look up.

bigbadbrody

Banned
Kessler is going to stay with the Canucks, he is a big guy and the Canucks need him

Kessler is going to stay with the Canucks, he is a big guy and the Canucks need him

Which leads me to a question to the readers of this thread...

Who out of all the free agents this summer would you like to see your team sign most and why?

I'd like to see Philly sign Scott Gomez away from NJ. He's a proven winner along with being a solid 1st or 2nd line center. He's also very responsible defensively.

bigbadbrody

Banned

Who out of all the free agents this summer would you like to see your team sign most and why?

I'd like to see Philly sign Scott Gomez away from NJ. He's a proven winner along with being a solid 1st or 2nd line center. He's also very responsible defensively.

If I knew who the free agents were I would be able to answer tis question

bigbadbrody

Banned
I know Who I would want to stay on my team, but as far as who I would want to see sign with them, I don't care, as long as they are good

Well I like my Maple Leafs chances with what they got but they could use some more help on defense. As far as the Blue Jackets go I think we need some depth at the W position and some better D past the 1st line.

I would really like to have Jean-Sebastien Giguere with the Lightning because they would finally have solid reliable goaltending again .

The Lightning traded for Chris Gratton today , it's gonna be his third stint with the team . I hope he does better than those other two times he was in Tampa . Jay Feaster wants him to become the third center and I guess he could do a good job .

Samsonov is now with Chicago! OMG, he didn't play well with Montreal last year, I'm happy that he isn't with the Canadiens now.

Samsonov is now with Chicago! OMG, he didn't play well with Montreal last year, I'm happy that he isn't with the Canadiens now.

He won't last very long in Chicago. I give it till about early December before you start hearing reports of Samsonov being unhappy with something in Chicago.

Apparently Philadelphia might attempt to make an offer to restricted free agent Thomas Vanek a few days after the draft. Philly should do anything and everything to make the team better after this past season and it ruffles a few feathers so be it. It's Philly. It should be expected. I love it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._keeping_options_open_with_No__2_pick.htmlThe

"Flyers could come out of the draft with bigger news to follow. On June 25, clubs are permitted to extend offer sheets to Group II restricted free agents. According to league sources, the Flyers are seriously considering offering Buffalo's Thomas Vanek an offer sheet."