• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Official NHL thread 2007-2008

So the 2006-2007 season is over, the Ducks won the Stanley Cup. For now, we can talk about the free agents, players, prospects, etc.

bigbadbrody

Banned
are there any good sites that tell you who gets traded and when ?

TripleB nothing is really going to happen for about a month or so. Best to sit on your hands for now and wait for the draft on the 22nd of June and the opening of free agency a few days later on July 1st.

Something big has happened already . The Islanders have bought out the remainder of Alexei Yashin's contract ( 4 years ) for about 17 millions and they will have 2.2 millions remaining from his salary each year for 8 years . I think they made a good move because giving him a ten year contract was a big mistake in the first place.

Something big has happened already . The Islanders have bought out the remainder of Alexei Yashin's contract ( 4 years ) for about 17 millions and they will have 2.2 millions remaining from his salary each year for 8 years . I think they made a good move because giving him a ten year contract was a big mistake in the first place.

Plus the guy plays with no guts at all.

I hope my Blue Jackets figure something out this pre-season. Im still not sold on Leclaire or Noreena as our goalies. They also need to dump off Jody Shelley even though he is one of the fan favorites in Columbus. He honestly contributes nothing except fighting which leads to countless power play oppertunities for the other squad.

Jody Shelley is the one they should keep.
They can get rid of Tollefsen instead.
A fighting penalty doesn´t lead to a powerplay as long as the opponent also gets a major penalty which is usually the case.

The Lightning never should have traded Modin to your team for Denis .... Oh how I miss Mo . :( I hope Tampa will get a forward that can replace him some day because Richards is all alone on his line .

Alot of our fights seems to be majors lol....no joke thats my point. The last game I went to when they played Edmonton Jody just bull rushed a crowd for no reason it seemed like. Of course 5 min was given and we lost and I agree about Tollefsen too. Our great ones like Nash,federov(gettin old),modin,vyborny,svitov are our mainstays. I cannot stand Adam Foote even though he is a good locker room influence but as far as contribution we have alot of access weight on ship ya know.

My Rangers have a few free agents this year. player in bold I think they will resign.
Brad Isbister RW Unrestricted
Jed Ortmeyer RW Unrestricted
Sandis Ozolinsh D Unrestricted
Brendan Shanahan LW Unrestricted
Jason Strudwick D Unrestricted
Kevin Weekes G Unrestricted
Sean Avery LW Restricted
Marcel Hossa LW Restricted
Jarkko Immonen C Restricted
Bryce Lampman D Restricted
David Liffiton D Restricted
Henrik Lundqvist G Restricted
Petr Prucha C Restricted
Karel Rachunek D Restricte

While I liked Alexi Yashin, his play diminished from the first day he came to NY to the point where his quick start this season seemed to be nothing more than a fluke. At least now the Islanders can concentrate on re-signing Jason Blake and Ryan Smyth, and hopefully build off of those two players.

Here are some big name Unrestricted free agents. Unrestricted means they can sign with any team without there old team getting say in it or a return player (or) draft pick. This is not a complete list just some players I thought will be at the top of GM's lists.

Daniel Briere:BUF
Chris Drury:BUF
Ed Belfour:panthers
David Aebischer:MON
Alexei Yashin:NYI
Brendan Shanahan:NYR
Robert Esche:pHI
Gary Roberts:pIT
Michael Peca:TOR
Jean-Sebastien Giguere:ANA
Tony Amonte:CAL
Roman Hamrlik:CAL
Darren McCarty:CAL
Peter Bondra:CHI
Pierre Turgeon:COL
Eric Lindros:DAL
Todd Bertuzzi:DET
Chris Chelios:DET
Dominik Hasek:DET
Peter Forsberg:NASH
Paul Kariya:NASH
Owen Nolan:CYO
Mike Ricci:CYO
Jeremy Roenick:CYO
Bill Guerin:SAN

There's also restricted free agents. Teams can make offers to those players but the team they're currently holding a roster spot on must either match the offer or do better. If some general managers wanted to they could really stick it to certain teams by going that route.

There's also restricted free agents. Teams can make offers to those players but the team they're currently holding a roster spot on must either match the offer or do better. If some general managers wanted to they could really stick it to certain teams by going that route.

There's a sort of unwritten rule about filling in offer sheets for players. Bobby Clarke took a lot of fire for being the first person to put in an offer sheet in over 10 years or so by putting in an offer sheet for Ryan Kesler of the 'Nucks.

Stealing RFA's from a team is really bad business though, since it'll ruin your relationship with other GM's, which would make future trades much harder.

There's a sort of unwritten rule about filling in offer sheets for players. Bobby Clarke took a lot of fire for being the first person to put in an offer sheet in over 10 years or so by putting in an offer sheet for Ryan Kesler of the 'Nucks.

Stealing RFA's from a team is really bad business though, since it'll ruin your relationship with other GM's, which would make future trades much harder.

Yeah I know. Really puts a target on the GM's back when his young players become free agents. If it was me I'd go after Thomas Vanek knowing that Bufallo wouldn't be able to keep him along with Briere and Drury. I'd be willing to lose a younger player for Vanek.

Fuck Bobby Clarke I have always hated him, and they flyers:thefinger