• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '09/'10 Season Thread

Im confused with the Crabtree contract situation. The dude is living in the Bay Area working out and hasn't said a word since he got drafted. And now every single NFL insider is saying that he is gonna sit the season out. No idea whats going on, just some infernal douchebaggery.

It's also stupid because if he enters the draft next year he isn't going to get the money he is now. (Then again maybe Al Davis is stup enough to draft him high next year.) Holding out even a year or two of development is almost always devastating to the player doing it which will cost them that much more down the road, if they even last.

He has no leverage to barging with either especially if San Francisco plays hard ball. It isn't like John Elway threatening to hold out all those years ago where he also had MLB teams looking at them ready to sign if he didn't enter the NFL. Either they think San Francisco will crack or his agent and him don’t know what they are doing.

Michael Crabtree is a moron, because he hasn't played a down in the NFL and wants to be paid like a starting WR who's gone to the Pro Bowl numerous times. Crabtree is in a lose-lose situation and I applaud the 49ers for not giving into him.

but they all expect that kind of money nowadays if they get drafted in the first round! its ridiculous! I can't wait till they get the rookie salary cap in place!

It's also stupid because if he enters the draft next year he isn't going to get the money he is now. (Then again maybe Al Davis is stup enough to draft him high next year.) Holding out even a year or two of development is almost always devastating to the player doing it which will cost them that much more down the road, if they even last.

He has no leverage to barging with either especially if San Francisco plays hard ball. It isn't like John Elway threatening to hold out all those years ago where he also had MLB teams looking at them ready to sign if he didn't enter the NFL. Either they think San Francisco will crack or his agent and him don’t know what they are doing.

Also, there's no way he goes higher than Arrelious Benn and Dez Bryant next year.

Crabtree is a 4th round pick if he goes into the draft again, then he can sit out again and say that he was a Top 7 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. A rookie salary cap is needed but how does that work with the upcoming uncapped season in 2011. Its getting sad watching Belichick taking advantage of a senile Al Davis like he has been doing the past couple years.

Here are my projections this season. STEELERS over the Packers in the superbowl BTW.
Before you criticize remember the freaking Cardinals made the Superbowl last season.

AFC North
Steelers 13-3
Ravens 12-4
Bengals 4-11
Browns 2-12

AFC East
Patriots 14-2
Jets 7-8
Bills 5-11
Dolphins 4-12

AFC West
Chargers 12-4
Raiders 6-10
Broncos 3-13
Chiefs 1-15

AFC South
Colts 9-7
Texans 8-8
Texans 8-8
Titans 7-9

NFC north
Packers 13-3
Vikings 12-4
Bears 5-11
Lions 1-15

NFC East
Giants 11-5
Eagles 11-5
Redskins 8-8
Cowboys 7-9

NFC South
Panthers 13-3
Saints 12-4
Falcons 12-4
Bucs 1-15

NFC west
Seahawks 12-4
Cards 11-5
49ers 8-8
Rams 1-15

jasonk282

Banned
BTW, parking lots open at 5 tonight, leaving work early around 4ish, going home to change and then tailgate from 530 till 730 section 236.

BTW, parking lots open at 5 tonight, leaving work early around 4ish, going home to change and then tailgate from 530 till 730 section 236.

I wish I could be there, last Steeler game I went to was when they we're in Oakland.
However I will be wearing my Kordell Stewart jersey like I do for every game.
Also I hope Lendalle White gets jacked up.

jasonk282

Banned
I wish I could be there, last Steeler game I went to was when they we're in Oakland.
However I will be wearing my Kordell Stewart jersey like I do for every game.
Also I hope Lendalle White gets jacked up.

Leaving the house now just wanted to say
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!

Here are my projections this season. STEELERS over the Packers in the superbowl BTW.
Before you criticize remember the freaking Cardinals made the Superbowl last season.

AFC North
Steelers 13-3
Ravens 12-4
Bengals 4-11
Browns 2-12

AFC East
Patriots 14-2
Jets 7-8
Bills 5-11
Dolphins 4-12

AFC West
Chargers 12-4
Raiders 6-10
Broncos 3-13
Chiefs 1-15

AFC South
Colts 9-7
Texans 8-8
Texans 8-8
Titans 7-9

NFC north
Packers 13-3
Vikings 12-4
Bears 5-11
Lions 1-15

NFC East
Giants 11-5
Eagles 11-5
Redskins 8-8
Cowboys 7-9

NFC South
Panthers 13-3
Saints 12-4
Falcons 12-4
Bucs 1-15

NFC west
Seahawks 12-4
Cards 11-5
49ers 8-8
Rams 1-15

You have a lot of really good teams... and a lot of really bad teams. Never seen so many 11+ win teams in the NFL before.

lol and the AFC really sucks.

It would be nice if I could watch the first game of the season this year, but since the switchover to digital I can no longer get that channel.

You have a lot of really good teams... and a lot of really bad teams. Never seen so many 11+ win teams in the NFL before.

lol and the AFC really sucks.

They say games aren't played on paper. But I really have those standings based on that. I didn't try to predict upsets, that's probably the reason for so many good teams.

The Madden Curse LIVES!!!!:eek::eek: Troy Polamalu is out for 6 weeks. Thats really too bad hes a great player and very fun to watch doing his thing. Hopefully he comes back healthy and back to his usual ways. Larry Fitzgerald better watch out, he's going down. Down all the way to the end zone against the 49ers who are gonna suck again this year.:mad:

Sheesh. Unbelievable. Updated list:

2001: Eddie George. No injury.
2002: Daunte Culpepper. Missed five games, played poorly.
2003: Marshall Faulk. Missed six games. Never ran for 1,000 yards again.
2004: Michael Vick. Broke his leg, missed 11 games.
2005: Ray Lewis. Missed only one game.
2006: Donovan McNabb. Missed last seven games of the season.
2007: Shaun Alexander. Broke his foot, missed six games.
2008: Vince Young. Missed one game. But things didn't go well.
2009: Brett Favre. Missed no games. But did become insufferable. (And it turns out that he played the season w/ a torn tendon.)
2010: Troy Polamalu. Out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury.
2010: Larry Fitzgerald: TBD

Larry Fitzgerald fantasy owners have to be panicking right about now. :1orglaugh

Troy was lucky given they way the Titian fell he could have been done for the year.

the Steelers o-line still needs work

red001

Reggie Bush

Tomlinson is still going to get all the carries in SD and Bush is playing the Lions. You can mark him down for 2 TD's

Why would we criticize your picks and the Pack pick? A Steeler/Packer Super Bowl seems like a solid pick to me. I don't want that to happen, but I kind of hope Aaron Rodgers and the Packers dominate the NFC this year. I like where you're going with the NFC records forecasting...I agree with everything you think except the Bears, Bucs and Panthers. There is no way the Bears win 5 games. They're in the 8-10 range, imo. I don't think the Panthers are any good, if there's a team that goes 5-11 it might be them.

However, you're AFC pics are a mess...:rolleyes: The Dolphins fall back to 4 wins? The Bungles at 4 wins? The Titans at 7 wins? No...you need to rethink the AFC completely....

Here's a *juicy* article from our Nation's newest tabloid paper, The Wall Street Journal...this article is for the ladies, but also for the fellas to see how "handsome" your NFL mancrush:lovecoupl really is... My mancrush--Tom Brady--should've been numero uno on this list, imo...

Cute Quarterbacks? There's a Stat for That, Too

Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons is playing in only his second NFL season but he's already the league's top quarterback in at least one category: handsomeness.

According to researchers, his face is almost perfectly symmetrical—a trait that shows a strong correlation to a person's perceived attractiveness. While the average person's face is somewhere around 90% symmetrical, Mr. Ryan scored a 99.8%, which puts him in elite territory. Ursinus College professor Jennifer VanGilder and former student Lisle O'Neill, who conducted the study in conjunction with Southern Utah University economist David Berri, said Mr. Ryan isn't the only NFL signal-caller with a nicely balanced face. In fact, every starter in the league scored above 96%.

Facial symmetry isn't the only measure of attractiveness, of course. New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez became a heartthrob overnight when he posed shirtless for GQ, yet he only ranks no. 20 among NFL starters in facial symmetry. (He did score 98.4%, which is still darn good). Tony Romo, a favorite of pop starlets, ranked No. 23.

Scientific research overwhelmingly points to facial symmetry as an indicator of success. Studies show infants with more symmetrical faces are given more attention. Symmetrical workers also tend to earn more. Football is supposed to be egalitarian, of course. The players with the strongest and most accurate throwing arms should become the quarterbacks while the biggest, most powerful players should be linemen. Somewhere along the way, it seems, good-looking kids are steered toward the glamour position. "Socially, we've been trained to think that the quarterback is the most beautiful person on the team," says Prof. VanGilder.
—Reed Albergotti
Link Here