• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is the rep system now almost useless?

I have said before and i will say it again there should be a rep almost meter were i have like 367 rep points i should be able to rep anywhere from from 1-367....

I'm not sure I made my point clear... It's not that the POINTS or SYSTEM is meaningless...it's the congrats themselves...

To overstate my point...imagine if we created a thread for every 25 point increment. Everytime someone hit 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, and so on...there would be a new thread and a fresh round of 'Congrats'! That would get REALLY tedious and cumbersome VERY quickly.

Like I said...That's a bit of hyperbole to make a point...but not all that far off in principle. I guess what it boils down to for me is...I think it's awesome that people hit 100, 200, 300, 700 rep...but I'm probably going to reach a point where I won't be viewing or posting in any thread under 500...

I hope that clarifies the point I was intending to make. :)

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
wlfman812 said:
I'm not sure I made my point clear... It's not that the POINTS or SYSTEM is meaningless...it's the congrats themselves...

To overstate my point...imagine if we created a thread for every 25 point increment. Everytime someone hit 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, and so on...there would be a new thread and a fresh round of 'Congrats'! That would get REALLY tedious and cumbersome VERY quickly.

Like I said...That's a bit of hyperbole to make a point...but not all that far off in principle. I guess what it boils down to for me is...I think it's awesome that people hit 100, 200, 300, 700 rep...but I'm probably going to reach a point where I won't be viewing or posting in any thread under 500...

I hope that clarifies the point I was intending to make. :)

So what do you all think of moving the Rep Congrats threads to the Games section??:confused:

member20672

Closed Account
BNF said:
So what do you all think of moving the Rep Congrats threads to the Games section??:confused:
Ummm....IFY:dunno: It was cool at first congratulating jod and the trailing members once they broke a new number, and deserved its recognition. Maybe something like close the ones in the Members only thread, and then just have a rep congrats thread in the games section:2 cents:

BNF said:

I hadn't thought of that...and not sure that's necessary. :dunno:

LOL...feel like I opened a major can of worms here...and feeling somewhat regretful that I did...

wlfman812 said:
I hadn't thought of that...and not sure that's necessary. :dunno:

LOL...feel like I opened a major can of worms here...and feeling somewhat regretful that I did...

I don't feel that way and i'm really glad you did because that's exactly the way i feel about this.
When those celebratory (sp?) started i was posting in it like everybody else, but now there's like 5 or 6 of those threads and soon enough, more will appear for 500, 600, 1000 rep points... its getting really ridiculous because you're getting rep points for celebrating someone who's getting alot of rep points... its kind of an non-ending circle, give me a tap on the back and i'll give you one..

That was probably the longest post i wrote in a really long long time. :1orglaugh

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
Keeping this active:

We can merge them all into one and leave them in the members' area.
We can merge them all into one AND move it to Post Games.
We can leave it them as they are, and move them into Post Games.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
BNF said:

Isn't that a bit extreme? - why not retain the 100+ congrats thread (reaching 100 is a milestone, imo), then going forward 500+, 1K+ and 2K+....

I don't think the rep system has lost all meaning - I still look to check who has repped me when I log on.

Yeah I agree I'm flattered when anybody reps me...Its always good to be acknowledged when you hit a milestone...I like when people congratulate me..like on my b-day this week and when people hit like 1k or 2k or more in post counts....But I think the rep congrats should maybe be moved to the post games section...also I still wonder if it is possible to maybe have a thread for 100-499 rep congrats and then from 500-1000...something like that....I cant even keep up with the 100 rep thread anymore...

Why isn't the "post games" thread just renamed "The Thread Cemetery?" lol Legitimate threads are dumped there now if they become too popular, and dumb threads, rather than being closed, are simply moved to the game posts area or even left to be, unmoderated sometimes.

Whatever happened to the "close thread" option? lol

Not to be disrespectful, but just offering my :2 cents: :hatsoff:

"If you can't ban it, shit-can it." :eek: :1orglaugh

Here's a problem as I see it.
Like I said to Jod yesterday I was looking at my rep list in my profile.I had 14 new reps in just over 24hrs.Now in these 14 every other one was from a new member who'd only made a few posts and had no rep.The other 7 was from regular members who was repping me with things like 'rep bump' and things.

Now the new members or the ones with no rep was repping me for a post I made and liked it.But they had no rep to give me and most didn't even know that there rep bump was a nil.They actually thought they'ed given me some rep.

Now what I'm saying is there should be a max and a min to new or old members alike.So you can pick between these numbers just exactly what you want to rep them.This doesn't matter if you have 400+ rep stones and been here for 2-3 years or a newbie.You can only rep them between the same as a new member.:2 cents:

member20672

Closed Account
poggy1 said:
Here's a problem as I see it.
Like I said to Jod yesterday I was looking at my rep list in my profile.I had 14 new reps in just over 24hrs.Now in these 14 every other one was from a new member who'd only made a few posts and had no rep.The other 7 was from regular members who was repping me with things like 'rep bump' and things.

Now the new members or the ones with no rep was repping me for a post I made and liked it.But they had no rep to give me and most didn't even know that there rep bump was a nil.They actually thought they'ed given me some rep.

Now what I'm saying is there should be a max and a min to new or old members alike.So you can pick between these numbers just exactly what you want to rep them.This doesn't matter if you have 400+ rep stones and been here for 2-3 years or a newbie.You can only rep them between the same as a new member.:2 cents:
Well thought out poggy, but a bit off the off-topic discussion that is taking place about what to do about all the congrats threads.

americanharley said:
Well thought out poggy, but a bit off the off-topic discussion that is taking place about what to do about all the congrats threads.

No this is on topic and this is why.

If people could only rep let say a min of 50,a max of 200.The rep would be harder to earn so there wouldn't be someone entering a congrats thread every couple of hours.As which seems to be happening at the moment.

member20672

Closed Account
poggy1 said:
No this is on topic and this is why.

If people could only rep let say a min of 50,a max of 200.The rep would be harder to earn so there wouldn't be someone entering a congrats thread every couple of hours.As which seems to be happening at the moment.
Well ideas for rep restrictions have fallen on deaf ears, and the question still stands as to what to do with the congrats threads.

americanharley said:
Well ideas for rep restrictions have fallen on deaf ears, and the question still stands as to what to do with the congrats threads.

Easy this one 250,500,1000,1500,2000,3000 and so on.It is that simple and have them in members only.

member20672

Closed Account
poggy1 said:
Easy this one 250,500,1000,1500,2000,3000 and so on.It is that simple and have them in members only.
Seems excessive, and would almost become the same as the following of each hundred rep thread.

As I said above, close the members only ones, make a new one in the games section. We should all know that congrats are in order for such milestones. And members passing these milestones already know that people congratulate them, as they couldn't of reached such a number without the addition of everyone's rep.:2 cents:

There is one other way of doing it a bit extreme but it is a solution.Don't have any do it in pm's then you can do it at whatever number you want.

This is only a thought not my own choice.

Worrying about one's own rep. points is like worrying about penis size in the locker-room in high school. The rep. system has good intentions but is easily misused and manipulated (I won't even go into how people abuse it and set up multiple accounts and rep themselves), plus there is the exponent issue.

Our tenure and posts alone here stand for themselves, and any intelligent person will be able to discern the difference between a good member and a lame/spammer/fake member.

:2 cents: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: