• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
... just pointing out he seems to do ok with the offenses he has faced...
I think everyone who follows football closely would disagree with that.

Since Saban took over, with the exception of LSU, every Bama loss has been to a team running a hurry-up offense.

This is the real reason why Saban tried to get that 10 second rule imposed. He can't figure out how to defend it.

In the Oklahoma game, I didn't see how the Sooners would have any chance against Bama, but Stoops actually woke up and did some real coaching for a change. He tweaked his offense because he realized the hurry-up offense is Saban's kryptonite.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On to other news...

Did anyone hear about Coker's scrimmage stats? 2 for 17 with 2 interceptions. :facepalm: Saban should have left him at FSU.

I keep hearing Nick Marshall will be a better passer this year. I'll believe that when I see it. He may be the best running quarterback in the nation, but Auburn's second stringer is a much better passer, and the third stringer, a true freshman, is better than both of them!

since everyone disagrees on him doing fine at alabama (according to you) which coach has done better? name me a coach that has done better? due credit....he has 3 NCs under his belt...that may not impress a auburn fan but we well pleased. i guess everyone needs to hurry up because he has done pretty damn good otherwise huh?

and when it comes right down to it that hurry up offense is a bit dirty pool. a defense should be allowed so much time to swap people out. you defend a 3rd and 1 different than a 3rd and 25 or whatever. it changes the strategy of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
since everyone disagrees on him doing fine at alabama (according to you) which coach has done better? name me a coach that has done better? due credit....he has 3 NCs under his belt...that may not impress a auburn fan but we well pleased. i guess everyone needs to hurry up because he has done pretty damn good otherwise huh?
Refer to the post below:
Bama has been caught 4 times during Saban's tenure. On 3 of those, the NCAA issued a statement that they weren't going to do anything. The 4th time was the mountain of dirt Yahoo Sports uncovered.

If you don't believe me on Coker, try watching the Paul Finebaum show on the SEC Network. When he first reported his dismal day, Paul giggled like a school girl.

and when it comes right down to it that hurry up offense is a bit dirty pool. a defense should be allowed so much time to swap people out. you defend a 3rd and 1 different than a 3rd and 25 or whatever. it changes the strategy of the game.
And this coming from a drone who drinks the Saban Kool-Aid. Try to remember, when the defense isn't swapping people out, the offense isn't either.

As for it changing the strategy of the game, that's the whole point! Football has evolved over the decades as coaches try to figure out new ways to win. That's what EVERY sport is all about!

"it changes the strategy of the game", that comment was truly asinine.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Damn. The season hasn't even started and you two are already at each other's throats! As it should be!! Let the games commence!!! I love college football!!!!

Damn. The season hasn't even started and you two are already at each other's throats! As it should be!! Let the games commence!!! I love college football!!!!

ahhh dont mind us jagger...we just warming up...flexing our motor. lol its a alabama and auburn tradition they have to fuss a little before the season is officially underway.....here we go next lap.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Just watched ESPN Gameday's season preview. Lotta love for UCLA and Hundley .... hmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Well, the Ducks have already lost one of their best for the season - left tackle Tyler Johnstone :(

Just watched ESPN Gameday's season preview. Lotta love for UCLA and Hundley .... hmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Yeah no kidding.......

National Champion:
@KirkHerbstreit - FSU over Alabama
@DesmondHoward - UCLA over FSU
Coach Corso - UCLA over FSU

I agree with your hmmmm. If they had a elite running back to compliment Hundley, then maybe. As things stand it's kind of hard for me to imagine any PAC 12 team surviving the regular season plus conference championship game with one loss or less. And no 2 loss pac 12 team is going to the final 4.

Yeah I agree with the hmmmm. If they had a elite running back to compliment Hundley, maybe. As things stand it's kind of hard for me to imagine any PAC 12 team surviving the regular season plus conference championship game with one loss or less. And no 2 loss pac 12 team is going to the final 4.

Personally, I think UCLA is overrated. I think Oregon is the PAC-12's only chance for the playoff.

I think Oregon is the PAC-12's only chance for the playoff.

Last year I thought they would go to the BCS title game undefeated. Wrong! :(
This year I could see them losing three games, no problem. Hopefully wrong again :D

Ok tme to humiliate myself with my week 1 upset picks lol

Utah State straight up over Tennessee
Florida Atlantic +21 (plus a small straight up bet) vs Nebraska
Tempted to take South Carolina at home and give 10 points to A&M with no Manziel and that swiss cheese defense. Almost looks too easy, which always makes me suspicious. hmmmmmm.......

Pre-season Top 25 AP poll looks like this:

I'd like to know who the idiot who ranked South Carolina #1 was.

He's probably joining the witness protection program right about now :D

A&M kicking their asses 45 -21 at this moment....
......and the too-good-to-be-true looking spread turned out to be just that.
Glad I passed on it :whew:

He's probably joining the witness protection program right about now :D

A&M kicking their asses 45 -21 at this moment....
......and the too-good-to-be-true looking spread turned out to be just that.
Glad I passed on it :whew:

Kenny Hill was really impressive with 511 yards, but the A&M defense was the real surprise. Last year, the defense earned a
nickname, Swiss Cheese. This defense looked nothing like last year's. And, with most teams, there is usually some improvement
between games 1 & 2, so the Aggies may end up doing much better than everyone predicted.

Kenny Hill was really impressive with 511 yards, but the A&M defense was the real surprise. Last year, the defense earned a
nickname, Swiss Cheese. This defense looked nothing like last year's. And, with most teams, there is usually some improvement
between games 1 & 2, so the Aggies may end up doing much better than everyone predicted.

Yes, yes and yes.
A very impressive and promising opening act for A&M

24 hours tic toc tic toc............
Roll%252520Tide%252520sparkles_thumb%25255B2%25255D.gif
here we come again. ( Bear) knock them down...help them up...and tell them you will be right back

Last edited:

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
And after the rain, Temple went on the road and beat AN SEC TEAM by THIRTY points. :eek: :rofl2:

I'm concerned about Langford's ankle but it looks like that Spartan D is still the real deal. Next week will be the test.

And after the rain, Temple went on the road and beat AN SEC TEAM by THIRTY points. :eek: :rofl2:

Vanderbilt - with a first year coach... Outside of the Commodore fan base, I doubt anyone in the SEC noticed, nor cared.

During his stay, what James Franklin did at Vandy was truly shocking. If you can win at Vandy, everyone is gonna notice and put you on their short-list in case they need a coach. I was surprised no one hired him after his second year, and stunned it didn't happen after his third. It was only a matter of time before he was gone and they brought in a replacement to take them back to the cellar.

Vanderbilt - with a first year coach... Outside of the Commodore fan base, I doubt anyone in the SEC noticed, nor cared.

During his stay, what James Franklin did at Vandy was truly shocking. If you can win at Vandy, everyone is gonna notice and put you on their short-list in case they need a coach. I was surprised no one hired him after his second year, and stunned it didn't happen after his third. It was only a matter of time before he was gone and they brought in a replacement to take them back to the cellar.

Yes, but according to most of media (with SEC loads all over their faces) the SEC is so good that even the bottom feeders should be able to beat a team from any other conference just by showing up. It just seems pretty funny that if Vandy or Kentucky get smoked by a team outside the SEC it's because they suck, but if they jump up and bite Alabama or Georgia in the ass it's because the SEC is so strong. You cant have it both ways. They are just like any other big time conference. You have 2 or 3 really good to great teams at the top, 2 or 3 shit teams at the bottom and a whole bunch of meh, whatever in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.