• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Good questions lord vader, you got a few that I missed. Another one I forgot about: How did Walt communicate to Michael through the computer? and why did the video say not to use the computer for anything besides the numbers? And when desmond saw the entry log of all the times they entered the numbers, why didn't those conversation show up?

I cannot fucking wait for season 3 now... WOW. Where the UK is now like Episode 5 of the 2nd series is so crap compared to what is happening now. Its quite funny actually to hear them talk about what is happening because I know that it is going to get so much better for them. I love the way they ended it. What did they find!!??

hily said:
whoever mentioned the Hanso site, theres also another site oh geez I cant remember it at the moment but it involves the Widmores and one of there interests is in Zambia Community Health Centers... I cnat remember where in West Africa Eko is from but... for explanations of the things on the Hanso site theres www.thelostexperience.com quite interesting

Eko is from Nigeria

I think the issue of Cloning has some involvement with whats going on. It would explain why they took blood from Michael.

It's obvious there is something sinister going on. Desmond commented on how he left the island due West and came right back to the island. I'am assuming that is what will happen to Michael/Walt by the end of next season.

I think the island really isnt a island a we would think. There must be some sort of history to it being they showed that Statue. At first, I thought the Foot had something to do with the Colussus of Ancient times. But then "Henry" made a comment about going "Home" and earlier Sawyer joked about Alien involvement.

The castaways were brought there, even though Desmond believes he caused the plane to crash. Every truth the Producers put out winds up turning into something else and changes the plot around.

Next season should answer more questions since now the Others will be shown more.

But if they keep going the way they going, they will continue to lose more viewers.

Peace.

True Desmond left and headed due West. However if the island has that much of a magnetic field it was surely mess up a compass if your trying to navigate. Lose more viewers? If anything it's drawing more people in. The problem if you want to look at ratings for the last 5 months of the show is that it's gone head to head with stupid ass American Idol. No show on TV can compete against Idol. Which is too bad for America because they missed a hell of a season of Lost.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
calpoon said:
thier no apparent effect when the the same situation happened with locke, the time when his leg got crushed?
-----------

Why did the Others wear disguises to make them look like castaways?

why there was a polar bear on the island.

What caused the survivers to experience those halucinations/visions?

there was no effect when there was the lockdown (when Locke got his leg crushed) because that was a different situation, the reason those metal doors came down is because of the package that was being dropped, obviously the plane that dropped it didnt want the person(s) in the hatch to come running out and maybe get hit by the package. (thats why there was a countdown on the hatch speakers)
When "henry" said he didnt press the button, he obviously did, because the others know all about the electo magnatism (they arent stupid)

1) the others dressed like castaways because they wanted to trick the surviviors into thinking they were castaways (duh)

2) 2 explanations: there was a polar bear on the island because of zooilogical research, in the first hanso video he tells us this. Also this is why there was a Dharma logo on the shark that attacked Sawyer and Michael http://www.beggingtodiffer.com/archives/lostshark.jpg
OR
because Walt is "special". Remember in the first series, when Michael meets walt as a young boy, he gives him a toy polar bear. And again in the first series, the camera zooms in on the comic book Walt was reading, which has what in it? Yes, a polar bear...

dave_rhino

Closed Account
lordvader1 said:
why Locke can walk and why Sun is pregnant

and why rose is cured...

its because of the island. Remember when Rose met the spiritual healer dude in Australia? He said certain parts of the world give off healing powers. Then mentioned it could be because of magnetic waves (and we all know the island is FULL of magnetism :rolleyes: )

dave_rhino said:
there was no effect when there was the lockdown (when Locke got his leg crushed) because that was a different situation, the reason those metal doors came down is because of the package that was being dropped, obviously the plane that dropped it didnt want the person(s) in the hatch to come running out and maybe get hit by the package. (thats why there was a countdown on the hatch speakers)

Sorry, but that makes no sense. Why, if they wanted the people inside the hatch to be locked in when the package was dropped, would the give them the warning of the countdown? As soon as they heard the countdown, they could simply leave the living area, and not be locked in when the blast doors came down.

Also, you're assuming that there was ever a plane that dropped the pacage. I know it seems unlikely that the package was placed there any other way, but isn't it just as unlikely that a plane flew overhead at a low enough altitude to drop the package without a single survivor seeing it? Maybe the lockdown occurs so that the people inside don't realize that there is no "air drop" at all.

dave_rhino said:

Oh, and we don't need any self righteousness in this thread. Though I agree with a lot of what you said, you're just speculating like the rest of us. That was pretty immature.

dave_rhino said:
well the french chicks called it a "security system"
its nanotechnology.

Oops, not quite. Theories that have been offically discredited:

* The survivors are dead and/or in Purgatory.
Source- http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94107|1|,00.html
* The survivors are in a time warp.
* Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island.
Source for the two above- http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=30246
* Everything seen is a fictional reality taking place in one or more of the survivors' minds.
Source- http://losttv-forum.com/bonus/interview.htm
* The "security system" is a dinosaur.
Source- http://www.lost-tv.com/exclusives/damon081804.html

* the security system is a cloud of nanobots : dismissed by Damon Lindelof (source : ComiCon 2005 news on Cinescape)
http://www2.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Comics&action=page&obj_id=49194 and Javier Grillo-Marxuach (source : thefuselage.com) http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?t=14649

* the events are part of the end of the world predicted in 2012 by the Mayan mythology : dismissed by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse (source : Lost podcast march 1)
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/104146.html

They are all contestants in reality TV show : dismissed by Carlton Cuse (source The Sydney Morning Herald August 22, 2005)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/asking-for-trouble/2005/08/20/1124435180515.html

dave_rhino

Closed Account
yeah the duh comment wasnt really needed i know, but i didnt mean it to be too harsh, just kinda slid it in there. i didnt think anyone would be too offended.
and the thing about the lockdown, i think it makes perfect sense. of course its just prediction, but it seemed pretty clear from the events which happened in the episode.

It's cool. I'm probably a little too touchy from all the knuckle heads on other LOST boards that come up with the lamest theories, and act like everyone else is stupid for not seeing it the way they did.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the black smoke monster was non-bots myself because i had read that book "Prey" by Michael Chrichton, and it really reminded me of his discription of the the "swarm" of nano-bots, but I too had heard that that theory had been dismissed.

I'm still hung up, though, on the fact that no one saw a plane drop those supplies. A plane has to fly relatively low in order to hit a target with a drop. If it's too high, there is too much possibility for drift, and you just couldn't tell where it was going to land.

Tgunz262 said:
* Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island.

I thought it was really funny how they poked fun of this theory in the finale with Sawyer bringing it up to Mike.
"I know! They're all aliens!"

Tgunz262 said:
They are all contestants in reality TV show

I hadn't heard this theory before, but thank god it's been dismissed. I'm going to feel really stupid if I put as much time into this show as I am, and it turns out being something as lame as that!

Ok, I tried to edit this into my previous post, but my time ran out.

I just read the part about the denial of the cloud being nanobots:

"Lindelof explained in no uncertain terms that the mysterious cloud of black smoke that appeared after Kate dynamited the hole down which Locke was being dragged is not a cloud of nanobots. "Of course," he added, "that depends on how you define 'nanobot'."

Depends on how you define 'nanobot'???

What kind of crap is that? In "Prey" I believe, and it's been loooong time since I read it, the nanobots were partially biological. That's what allowed them to reproduce on their own, and become so dangerous in the book. So if you define nanobot as partially biological, does that mean that the black smoke is made of nanobots? He's confirmed and denied that it is in one statement. That's a little too much bullshit for me...

dave_rhino

Closed Account
i think id prefer it if it was nano-technology, or some kind of manmade "thing". otherwise its just too alien-like and over the top.