• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Taylor Vixen

Verified Babe
Official Checked Star Member
I did a thread search and didn't find a thread for this show. I love this show. Every episode (when it's not a damn re-run) is a cliff-hanger. I can not find a decent chat forum to join and talk about it though. Every one I finde seems to be filled with teen agers, and nimrods with incredibly lame theories about what is going on in the show. Can anyone point me in the direction of a GOOD forum with intellingent adults discussing what's going on please?

Actually, if there are any fans of the show on these boards that would like to discuss it on this thread, I'd love that since it seems everyone here fits the "intelligent adult" criteria for the most part.

thanks

I think the show should of stopped at season 4. It was too long and they didn't tell us what everything meant and reasons... I hated the ending. Are you a fan of Dexter? =)

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I think the show should of stopped at season 4. It was too long and they didn't tell us what everything meant and reasons... I hated the ending. Are you a fan of Dexter? =)

that's because they rushed the last season, they needed another to really sum it up but were too cheap to pay for it.

to me the next best show is/was breaking bad, OZ and sopranos

that's because they rushed the last season, they needed another to really sum it up but were too cheap to pay for it.

to me the next best show is/was breaking bad, OZ and sopranos

They may have rushed the last season, but I don't think it would have accomplished much to have another season. They said, "We did the show that we wanted to do", and looking it all over I think that statement is the whole truth.

After season Three they pitched three more seasons. They knew their deadline. I believe they chose that number based on the fact that they had banked three successful seasons so it was likely that they could do it again. In other words it was a good bet that they would be given the Ok from ABC to do it. Also the first three seasons accomplished showing us who the characters are and how they fit with each other and the Island (at least in their own minds). At that point it was time to move the show forward to resolve their fate and the Islands.

To speculate, I'd say that they probably had all of season Four plotted out, most of season Five and pretty much none of season Six. They did the character flashbacks in seasons One through Three and they knew they were going to do the flash forwards for season Four. They probably also planned the time travel for season Five and wanted season Six to be the flash sideways for the end and tell the story of Jacob and MIB. Once they got up to writing the final season, with the intent on focusing on those two elements, they just rushed through to wrap up everything else.

As for the "answers"... there aren't any. Or rather what answers there were are the ones that we were given. If they had thought of all the things that we were asking they would have put them into the show. Why wouldn't they? Only if they couldn't be incorporated into the show because it really didn't effect the plot (such as the Statue origin and the outrigger shooting) or because they wanted to leave the show with a mystery (Jacob's "mother" and the Light).

Ultimately that isn't entirely satisfying to me, but I know that they only way it would have been different was if it was done by different people, and that would have made it a different show. And there is no way to know if it would have been better or worse.

I'm currently rewatching and am on season 2. It really sucks that the guy who plays Mr. Ecko didn't stick with it. When he meets Locke for the first time you can tell the writers meant for something epic down the line!

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I'm currently rewatching and am on season 2. It really sucks that the guy who plays Mr. Ecko didn't stick with it. When he meets Locke for the first time you can tell the writers meant for something epic down the line!

Duh!
How could he have stuck with it, he was killed by the smoke monster?

It's very cool to say that the last season was crap but I can't remember another show with a better end since 80s. At least they made an end, not canceled. And it had sense.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
ok cal.
but i didn't think the final season or finale were bad at all.
just a little rushed that's all.....and a few holes, or things that really didn't add up that the earlier seasons didn't have.

Don't know about you all but I am going through serious withdrawls for Lost. I can't find a show that even holds a candle to it!! I'm currently slowly doing a rewatch (averaging about 1 episode a week) but I want it back!!! SPINOFF!!!!!! just kidding, I don't actually want a spinoff... unless it's handled very carefully :D

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I have thought about that.
A spin off about Ben and Hugo on The Island.
It could have different people arriving to the island and getting into crazy adventures.

Just how long were they together there anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcCtssgukQ&feature=related

bumpity bump..........anybody know?
have an idea?
it wasn't just for theyre natural life i believe, but at some point they must have died.
Or perhaps Ben lived a natural lifespan and Hugo was semi immortal like Jacob was, but at some point he must have died in order to be in the alternate timeline, which apparently was not real, but a sort of pergatory.

Let me just try to figure this out.
Jack died on the island around 2007?
Many like Locke, Sun, Jin ,Charlie, ect ect ect died before him.
Many others, Kate, James, Desilou, ect ect must have lived out they're natural life off the Island after 2007.

Ok, so at some point this alternate timeline began.
Can we assume it couldn't have began until they were all dead? Even Hugo?
Considering they all had been born and lived their lives again in the alternate timeline and were all the correct age in relation to each other when Desmond got them all together again then their alternate lives could not have began until the last one of them kicked the bucket......right?
And I think we can assume that would have been Hurley because he was the new Jacob.
If thats the case and i believe it is then the reuinion in the church could have taken place hundreds, even thousands of years after the pilot episode.

I've got a terrible pain between my ears.

Obviously they died at some point. I like to believe they were there for a long time. In the DVD, Hurley and Ben go get Walt out of the mental hospital and it ends with Hurley saying something like, "How'd you like a job?" So I take it as Hurley prepped Walt to be his replacement

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Obviously they died at some point. I like to believe they were there for a long time. In the DVD, Hurley and Ben go get Walt out of the mental hospital and it ends with Hurley saying something like, "How'd you like a job?" So I take it as Hurley prepped Walt to be his replacement

thats this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjkWkjimqDA

i think it implies that ben and hurley took walt back to make him the new jacob.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
according to the lost timeline, the last thing that happened was in 2010 with ben and hugo going to get walt.
jack died in 2007 and real time ended at that point with everybody except hugo and ben being either dead or off the island forever.
that means ben and hugo spent only 3 years on the island alone before bringing walt but who knows how much time they spent on the island with walt, before dying.

i'm just assuming and it makes sense that the alternate timeline could not have started until the last one of them died, besides walt because he wasn't in the alternate timeline.
that could have been any amount of years, i guess we just don't know how many.

plus the alternate timeline must have began with the birth of the oldest, either christian or locke, probably christian.

what happened to my fellow lost fans?
no one wants to contribute, help out?

The problem with trying to figure this out is that it's all pure speculation as to what happened with Hurley and Ben after they got Walt. I would imagine it took some time to teach Walt and get him to learn the secrets of the island

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
true.
I think my theory on the deaths and the alternate timeline is correct and actually the only logical one.

the thing with walt is a mystery though.
It seemed hurley was the "choice" to be protector of the island and ben was his assistant but 3 years later they decided to get walt in on it.
I wonder what caused them to make that decision and how long they were there together.
I guess we'll never know.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Well, I bet the next time Jack tells a bus driver to take him back to the island, she does it!