• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is the rep system now almost useless?

jdb67 said:
I am of the opinion that if you dont like the Rep system, dont use it!! furthermore, ignore it!!....

Plain and simple.:hatsoff:

Great point jdb! :D

4G63

Closed Account
Rep is a form of segregation IMO. I can't ignore that. I have heard the term rep war. Anything that can incite a war is bad.

I will always dislike rep and I will always speak ill of it and try to have it removed. Sorry I just don't like +/- there is a whole gambit in between. that's why we have the board to discuss and argue. we give each other comments or criticism through our posts. A good/bad button is very judgmental. And wrong. It's like Ceaser giving thumbs up or thumbs down at the Colosseum.

None of us are God and none of us should have the ability to judge with the push of a button. That's why we have words. I don't care if I'm alone, I just think it's rep is wrong.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
4G63 said:
Rep is a form of segregation IMO. I can't ignore that. I have heard the term rep war. Anything that can incite a war is bad.

I will always dislike rep and I will always speak ill of it and try to have it removed. Sorry I just don't like +/- there is a whole gambit in between. that's why we have the board to discuss and argue. we give each other comments or criticism through our posts. A good/bad button is very judgmental. And wrong. It's like Ceaser giving thumbs up or thumbs down at the Colosseum.

None of us are God and none of us should have the ability to judge with the push of a button. That's why we have words. I don't care if I'm alone, I just think it's rep is wrong.

Fair enough - I'll try and remember not to rep you in future. But I like jdb's solution a lot more.....

Seriously, I'll probably never get as much rep as some of you guys, but that doesn't bother me. It's just a little added extra as far as I'm concerned, I don't even know how it works and I'm not racking my brains on the system. I'm just here to voice my opinion, have some fun and check out some choice babeage.

om3ga

freqnasty2001 said:
Seriously, I'll probably never get as much rep as some of you guys, but that doesn't bother me. It's just a little added extra as far as I'm concerned, I don't even know how it works and I'm not racking my brains on the system. I'm just here to voice my opinion, have some fun and check out some choice babeage.

Remember the old adage: Nothing's impossible.............:)

Everyone gets caught up in the whole rep thing. But something you have to consider is that if more people are reaching higher rep levels then there is a good chance that they are doing something right. I've personally been guilty of throwing a rep point or two around carelessly, it happens. But my total rep points are not enough to seriously harm or benefit anyone so its less of a concern than if someone else with a much larger total does it. I've personally never made a single thread on this board (none that I can remember anyway:p), all my posts are in reply to someone elses. So basically, any rep I've gotten has been because someone found something of value in my replies. I don't have 100+ rep points but I'm happy about my level because I feel I've earned it.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Before I start let me first say this, I am in no way trying to get banned, or my post deleted...but that is what will probabaly happen. I have been a member for a little over a year...it took me most of that time to get the few posts I have. That is my fault...I blame no one. Most of the time I lurk around...reading, enjoying the pics...I have read A LOT of intelligent comments, and found some fantastick links, that allowed me to learn some new things. But up until about 2 weeks ago...when I learned how to make an avatar, I didn't even KNOW that list of rep points was on my UCP. When I saw it, I was a little surprised, and I thought it was cool that some people...whom I never had any interaction with, gave be some acknowledgment...then I SAW THEM!!!! Three red stones. I have read SOME posts about red and green, and lets face it...it isn't to hard to figure out red is bad, green is good, but I still don't understand how it all works...and it really doesn't matter to me if I ever do. The reason for this is simple...if I like what you say, or agree with you...you WILL know, because I'll say so...I will treat you as you treat me!! Now, I checked into what the red stones were for...and THAT is why I'm PISSED FUCKING OFF!! Lets take a closer look, shall we? The fiirst was from the "Israel&Palistine" thread...I voiced an opinion, 2 people responded, one like a gentlemen...the other was a little more of a dick. I responded to BOTH members, one in kind, the other like the dick he was. Here it was I found in my rep list

There is absolutely no need for you to be so 'In-Your-Face' with your comments ... TONE IT DOWN ... this is merely a DEBATE. / If you can't handle it ... then don't post. Very, very simple.

That was from AsianxxxChick. Now, I don't know WHO THE FUCK he thinks he is to pass judgement on me...but it seems to me he should get his nose the fuck out of my buisness!!! I don't know if he gave the other 2 people involved in that exchange a red stone...and I don't care. Nightfly gave me a GREEN stone for the same post...I just wanted to throw that out there.
The next red stone was for the "3/4 mi. sniper shot" thread. youlneverstopme was bashing America...I'm an American...I love my country...I defended her.
I was a little "fuck you" to the guy...so he "revenge reped" me with a red stone...fuck him!!! Gorges and kungfuduce gave me green stones for that one
and I thank them for there loyalty to this great land. By the way...I will be sending youlneverstopme a red one right back one day...one day!!! Now, the third red stone...guess who that one is from...thats right, it's from my buddy
AsianxxxChick. It came from the "Euthanasia & The Right to Die" thread...I was a "wee bit hyprocritical"...FUCK YOU ASSPIPE!!!!! Here is what the dick wad wrote.

It's not really necessary to blame religion, revidffum, though I see your point. / A bit too strident in this post; makes you seem a wee bit hypocritical.

Now what in the fuck is that?!?!?! Of course it's a religious issue...who in the hell does he think was pushing to keep Schiavo hooked up and alive?!?!?! More importantly...WHO IN THE FUCK IS THIS ASSHOLE TO JUDGE ME AND TELL ME I'M A HYPROCRITE!!!! Now this is the one that pushed me right over the edge...I figured fuck it...I wrote him a nice little fuck you and sent him a red "revenge rep", and informed him he had a Napoleon complex, and wanted to be a mod so bad he could taste it...just so he would have a little auhority.
Of course I mispelled Napoleon...but oh well...I'm a fuck up!! He responded in kind, WITH MY FOURTH RED STONE for the previously mentioned sniper thread
and these kind words...

First off ... it's spelled, "NAPOLEON", not 'Nepolian' ... and no I have neither alleged complex. / I just call 'em like I see 'em ... kinda like YOU did in this thread.

EXACTLY...I CALLED IT LIKE I SAW IT...IT'S NOT HIS BUISNESS...but he feels he has the right to slide in and give "bad" points to punish me??? FUCK you punk...my mother didn't have to punish me...she didn't poke her nose into my buisness...STAY AWAY FROM ME...GET MY NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!!
Now, I apologize to any of the good people out there if I have offended you...and to the mods, I hope you understand WHERE this is coming from...I mean you no disrespect...but AsianxxxChick is an asshole...and I needed to say it. I understand if you have to...do what you have to, but I don't think DEFENDING myself, or my country warrants any repremands or punisment of any kind. I would also like to say, I have 11 green stones...counting the ones I already mentioned, so I must not be THAT BAD...but I WILL NOT BE TALKED TO LIKE I'M A FUCKING RETARD! BY ANYBODY...PERIOD!!!! On that note I should end this. I'm sorry I went on so long, and again I never ment to offend MOST of you.

I hear ya dude, but they frown upon posting PM's on the board. Seriously.

So basically through all that you're saying red rep is way to negative, pisses people off to much, and its just another way to flame somebody in private? ...Thats my positive way of interpreting your post anyway. ;) :thumbsup:

Well I agree completely then. Maybe they should keep the green rep the way it is and reduce the red rep to -5 max, for instance or get rid of the red rep altogether.

There we go. Problem solved. :)

om3ga

To revidffum - it's late, and I'm off to bed. But I'll leave you with 2 points:

1) AsianxxxChick is a woman (I thought you needed correcting, since you appear to have the impression she was a man)
2) While I'm not taking sides, if AxxxC gets involved in an argument then there must have been some serious issues in need of correction. She doesn't pass criticism lightly.

Finally - I have no problem with the rep system. As I said in an earlier post, some members have a genuine concern, fair enough. Other posts though appeared to based on jealousy (I admit it's ok for me to say I'm happy with my current status, but I think I earned it).

I hope the above is taken in the right spirit (cause frankly, I'm to tired to argue at 2:45am in the morning)

Night.........:sleep:

Mr. Daystar

om3ga said:
To revidffum - it's late, and I'm off to bed. But I'll leave you with 2 points:

1) AsianxxxChick is a woman (I thought you needed correcting, since you appear to have the impression she was a man)
2) While I'm not taking sides, if AxxxC gets involved in an argument then there must have been some serious issues in need of correction. She doesn't pass criticism lightly.

Finally - I have no problem with the rep system. As I said in an earlier post, some members have a genuine concern, fair enough. Other posts though appeared to based on jealousy (I admit it's ok for me to say I'm happy with my current status, but I think I earned it).

I hope the above is taken in the right spirit (cause frankly, I'm to tired to argue at 2:45am in the morning)

Night.........:sleep:
Well. it's only 10:00pm here, and I take no offense...why don't you get some sleep, and the next time you are on the boards, you check out the threads, and the posts, and see for yourself. For the record, I have no problem with the rep system either. My problem is with someone "scolding me" for voicing MY OPINIONS, and acting as though they ave EVEN THE SLIGHTEST RIGHT TO DO SO!

revidffum said:
Well. it's only 10:00pm here, and I take no offense...why don't you get some sleep, and the next time you are on the boards, you check out the threads, and the posts, and see for yourself. For the record, I have no problem with the rep system either. My problem is with someone "scolding me" for voicing MY OPINIONS, and acting as though they ave EVEN THE SLIGHTEST RIGHT TO DO SO!

being an active member on a Forum Board such as this one is a Double edge sword..... You can say (almost) anything you like but you you must remember that there will always be people out there who disagree with you and will use every means available to them (posting a reply and the Rep system) to let you know!!!....

dont take any notice of them!!! just say your piece and be done with it....

If you cannot agree with someone, agree to disagree.

It works for me!!:)

Mr. Daystar

jdb67 said:
being an active member on a Forum Board such as this one is a Double edge sword..... You can say (almost) anything you like but you you must remember that there will always be people out there who disagree with you and will use every means available to them (posting a reply and the Rep system) to let you know!!!....

dont take any notice of them!!! just say your piece and be done with it....

If you cannot agree with someone, agree to disagree.

It works for me!!:)

Yeah BUT, there is a big diff between disagreement and expressing that...and disagreement and talking to someone like there a freakin' kid. If you don't like what I say...fine, I'm a big boy...but treat me as you wold like to be treated...go look at the originale posts and see for yourself.