• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anthony Bourdain Commits Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
You know IDGAF. Member wha happeneds when Huge Chaves, Nelson Mandalay or Fidel Castroil took dirt naps? Why would I be sensitive or care about Bourdain?

I know. It was so deliciously funny. :1orglaugh

Devastating

Apparently he was in France shooting an episode and Eric Ripert was the one who found him unresponsive. His suicide comes after Kate Spade's suicide and just a day after the CDC released a report saying that suicide rates are up 25% since 1999.

I've contemplated suicide before. It might have looked like I was happy and but deep down I was not. I was in a dark place. But how would anyone know that? They didn't because I chose to wall myself off and not talk to anyone. I never sought help. Eventually I was able to get the help that I needed. I think part of the reason why I waited so long was because of the stigma of mental illness particularly in the hispanic and black community. God forbid if you were to talk about your feelings because then you'd be a "pussy". Anyways I don't want to ramble but I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you see someone who is not doing ok, simply reach out to them. Just letting them know that you care about them and that you're here for them would be so helpful

#StraightShooter

Thanks for sharing that, shooter. I'm glad you were able to get help and get out of that dark place you were in.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Mariah, I know that you understand that death is a part of life. Our sadness for lost loved ones always comes while reflecting upon those good times with them. As long as there are memories, they will never go away.

Now, from my perspective, Anthony Bordone was living a life of vacations. Paid to go to places and live life. What the fuck is that kind of life to shoot yourself in the head?

Live my life. See all of the things that I have lost. Read my story. Anthony B? Cry me another fucking tear.

Alex Jones LMAO he is already spinning more conspiracy nonsense saying Bourdain was murdered in a seedy Paris hotel...first, he wasn't in Paris, he was in Strasbourg in Alsace, a place I visited back in January. He hanged himself using the belt from the hotel robe, he wasn't murdered. Sorry but anyone who claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen has zero credibility in this life.
The hate that you guys spew towards people is appalling. I HATE Trump and his 2 retarded sons but I wouldn't take joy in them killing themselves because there are people who love them, kids and family. That is a level even I won't sink to. Maybe it's because I have had to deal with it on a personal basis but I also think that you show who you really are when you publicly take joy in celebrating someone's death, even when you do it anonymously like a pussy, which is fitting.

Bourdain was a voice that inspired millions of people to want more out of life and to experience things beyond their own worlds. Can any of you say that about yourselves? I hardly think so. Bob, to say he lived his life on vacation is ridiculous. He traveled over 200 days a year and his schedule was grueling and took a huge toll on his life. He suffered from depression for many years and until you have depression (which is far different than "being depressed) you will never understand. There is gloom that doesn't go away and when you consider that he was so hopeless even with all that we see that he had to live for that he would take the belt off of a hotel robe and tie it around his neck to end the misery, you cannot deny that there was something horribly dark in his mind he couldn't escape.

He talked about how the idea of retiring was impossible because there were still so many places left to experience. He visited over 80 countries and became as much of a journalist as he did anything else. Speaking truth to places that were otherwise dismissed. Did you see his episode in Iran? Amazing. In the street with young Iranians that were racing American muscle cars. He went into places like Myanmar and Lebanon and others that were life-threatening and yet he found the beauty in the people and the places. That is something few have ever been able or willing to do.

Don't be hateful.

The only thing that [NOBABE]Alex Jones [/NOBABE] ever said about Sandy Hook being a hoax was in a conversation that he was having with a caller and was playing devil’s advocate. That’s it. Compared to some of the nut jobs you follow, Alex is a cotdam sage. As I said, he throws a lot of things out there but when it is all reeled in, there’s a lot of truth there.
So what that you met Bourdain a couple of times, does that make you his friend? You’re full of shit as usual.

Yeah calling couple people retards is really showing your understanding and sensitivity towards people you don't like, after lecturing us about that very subject. I mean why didn't you throw in they're a couple gaywads while you were at it?

And just because somebody is on TV doesn't mean they can't be a piece of shit.

Also don't pull that "What impact, inspired millions. What have you done..." bullshit line. That is easily the stupidest, I have no real input in my rebuttal so I am going to attack blindly, bullshit line. It's right up there with: what do you do to contribute to society?

But what do I know? I only work in the nursing field. No impact there. I'll Inform the residents and their families care will be nonexistent until I visit 80 countries in front a camera. Because what the fuck am I doing here until then?

Hey Mariah!

I like so many others never had the honor to meet him personally. I only knew Anthony through the shows he made. In the beginning he comes off as a bit cynical and world weary, but in sharing all of the adventures, you started to see the sentimentality deeper down, the spontaneity of life, his greatest appreciation for the simplest of foods-noodles with cold beer sitting on a plastic chair next to the food cart in Manilla or Hanoi. You appreciate the wisdom he brings. It was about food, but it was so much more, about the people who make them, enjoy them. As you pointed, watching young Iranians racing muscle cars makes you see them as people not so different like us, sharing the same hobbies, wanting the same things. There is so much more to politics and tribalism. Bourdain showed us a much richer side of humanity. I'll miss him. It has certainly hit me hard, for sure.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I'm thinking of changing muh handle again. How's "The Ghost of Anthony Bourdain" sound? "Anthony Bourdain's belt" does not really have the same panache. "Floor is Lava Champion?"

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Suicide is such a selfish act. Can we all agree on that?

I'm being serous now. We all have shit in our lives that we want to escape from. Anthony B. was a human person just like you and me. When I say you and me, It's like ...what the fuck are you going through that ...the rest of us ...can't understand ...in your special case ...to have your loved ones go through this kind of shit?

Fuck Anthony B. He decided to end his life on his own terms. Never thinking about how it would affect those close to him.

Read the OP again. This thread wasn’t started with any other intention but to boast about “ knowing” Anthony Bourdain. And with the pretentious “ Tony” remarks. I have met Michael Jordan a couple of times, we are from the same city and both went to UNC. I don’t call him “ Mike”.
Even in the man’s death she finds a way to make it about her.
She probably got introduced by the Joe Beef crew as some food groupie. That’s pretty much the extent of it.

Suicide is such a selfish act. Can we all agree on that?

I'm being serous now. We all have shit in our lives that we want to escape from. Anthony B. was a human person just like you and me. When I say you and me, It's like ...what the fuck are you going through that ...the rest of us ...can't understand ...in your special case ...to have your loved ones go through this kind of shit?

Fuck Anthony B. He decided to end his life on his own terms. Never thinking about how it would affect those close to him.

You're 110% right. Anybody that says otherwise has a veil of self indulgence, deceit or infatuation over their eyes.

We all have our personal problems past, present and future. Nobody promised sunshine and lollipops. It doesn't matter if you're famous, rich and/or internationally known or a homeless man in a alley. Once you choose to make your friends and family suffer because you slit a artery, hang, or toss yourself in front of a semi. You became epitome of evil in my eyes. Because you left so many on any kind of scale to become sad, depressed and just like you. I only hope they do not follow in such cowardice because of your (in this case Anthony Bourdain) actions!

Not once did he truly think wholeheartedly about the cause and effect. He hanged himself with a bathrobe belt and basically sent his loved ones off with a living testament of: FUCK YOU! YOU NEVER MATTERED IN MY LIFE!

He obviously didn’t love anyone, not even himself. To say that he loved his daughter is preposterous. He wouldn’t put her through the grief if he did. People that have contemplated suicide but didn’t carry through with it have stated that their loved ones and how they would be affected kept them from going through with it. That is an example of love.

He obviously didn’t love anyone, not even himself. To say that he loved his daughter is preposterous. He wouldn’t put her through the grief if he did. People that have contemplated suicide but didn’t carry through with it have stated that their loved ones and how they would be affected kept them from going through with it. That is an example of love.

The fact he left his daughter behind is abhorrent in of itself. I have two children of my own and... I shall admit there are times where I become melancholial because of being a single parent trying to do best I can for them thought "what is the point?" Am I doing any good for them? And they come in each morning one or the other to wake me up wanting their bagel with cream cheese and watch cartoons. Or my oldest comes in to wake me up to come sleep with them in the final hours of bedtime before waking up. That is why I will not do such a horrible thing. Because if I did. Where will they be? Who will truly ever look after them?

So each time I pour milk in their cereal, crack a egg open, watch a Pixar film for the 10th time within a week! That is my life. And for me to take it? You do the math.

More people need to watch that Simpson's clip of Homer and Maggie and get with the fucking program!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RaFyKW0TmH8

Family issues aside, I find suicide selfish for other practical reasons: Mainly the inconvenience it causes for everyone else.
If you do it in a hotel, or jumping off a building, or anywhere outside of your house, think of the people that have to clean up after your mess. The poor housekeeper traumatized by the sight. The janitor that has mop up the bloodstain on the sidewalk.
And if you did it during commuting hours by jumping in front of a train/bus, the mass inconvenience of delaying everyone. It might sound harsh, but if you're making hundreds of people late just for yourself, it's hard to feel sorry for you. They say that the only times a Japanese train is late is because of earthquakes & jumpers.

I know that suicide hotspots like Niagara Falls don't publish statistics because if the public knew it would scare them away. You know that boat that takes you to the bottom of the falls? The very first run in the morning is actually a dredging trip to find any bodies so the tourists don't see them floating around during the day. I think there's something similar around the Golden Gate Bridge as well.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Dave Mustaine said it well.

Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.

A tout le monde
A tous mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir

Depression is a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.