• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 or ps3?

Honest question. How can you get on him for being a fanboy when you're doing the exact same thing with the PS3?

when did i ever say 360 is better?????????

i have always said that whichever games you like,you buy the system for that

the PS3 pic thing was because he was putting out 360 pics,i was also gonna put out Wii pics but didn't as the thread title was only PS3 and 360

Question for the American 360 fans, does patriotism have something to do with your choice? You know like you gotta buy American!

Cause honestly can't see what other reason you would have for choosing an inferior product, you can't even claim cost as you have to pay extra to spec a 360 to the same level as a PS3 comes out of the box (apart from Bluray, it will never have that!)

Question for the American 360 fans, does patriotism have something to do with your choice? You know like you gotta buy American!

Cause honestly can't see what other reason you would have for choosing an inferior product, you can't even claim cost as you have to pay extra to spec a 360 to the same level as a PS3 comes out of the box (apart from Bluray, it will never have that!)

its not that

its more like the popular thing at that moment and at the least price they can get to enjoy it,the americans are like that.atleast the majority

this has nothing to do with PS3,360,Wii but the general mindset

For some,I'm sure that is the reason,but for others,it's pretty much about owning the "new cool" toy.

its not that

its more like the popular thing at that moment and at the least price they can get to enjoy it,the americans are like that.atleast the majority

this has nothing to do with PS3,360,Wii but the general mindset

I have to tell you that if it weren't for the recession that hit,price wouldn't have anything to do with it.As a matter of fact,there are plenty of us Americans that feel like it's almost a badge of accomplishment to own the most expensive items that you can buy.I personally think that mentality is total bullshit,but there are plenty of us that feel that way.

Since we are in a recession,price has made a difference in which console people buy,and that's one of the main reasons that Wii has sold so well.

The popularity of the 360 is kind of a mystery to me.The only thing "technically" that the 360 has better than the PS3 is it's GPU.http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/hardware/console-wars-round-5-xbox-360-vs-ps3-gpu

but other than that,it is an inferior product in pretty much every other way,unless you are counting it's online gaming,but it should be better,considering that you are paying for it.

The popularity of the 360 is kind of a mystery to me.The only thing "technically" that the 360 has better than the PS3 is it's GPU.http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/hardware/console-wars-round-5-xbox-360-vs-ps3-gpu

but other than that,it is an inferior product in pretty much every other way,unless you are counting it's online gaming,but it should be better,considering that you are paying for it.

It's fairly easy to explain the success of the 360 to date. It's cheap to develop for, (easily the biggest reason for the success of the 360) and X-Box Live. The present state of gaming is that online play is not longer optional, and if games lack it, they typically are considered of a lesser quality.

I have to tell you that if it weren't for the recession that hit,price wouldn't have anything to do with it.As a matter of fact,there are plenty of us Americans that feel like it's almost a badge of accomplishment to own the most expensive items that you can buy.I personally think that mentality is total bullshit,but there are plenty of us that feel that way.

i agree every bit

but getting an experience for as cheap is also very much there

i have been tracking sales for some time now and its mostly that when somthing becomes popular with the hardocres and then is reported by new channels,etc and the word of mouth the casuals hop in and they try to get the product

Since we are in a recession,price has made a difference in which console people buy,and that's one of the main reasons that Wii has sold so well.

i know PS3's price is the biggest reason Wii sold so much with its low price but still even if there was no recession PS3 price was way too high for the general public

the popularity is the 360 comes from HALO,being a cheaper alternative to PS3

about the 360 vs PS3 GPU

yeah 360 GPU is better but it really doesn't matter as CELL itself handles graphic processing so overall processing power is very higher in PS3

SONY first was going to put 2 CELL processor and no GPU but because of the costs they abandoned it and also that devs would have a problem with new hardware

as a product yeah PS3 excels but i still say get whatever you play games on

It's fairly easy to explain the success of the 360 to date. It's cheap to develop for, (easily the biggest reason for the success of the 360) and X-Box Live.

No the cheaper development isn't the reason but price has more to do with it

easier to develop helps get titles to the platform and that makes it a cheaper alternative to PS3

XBOX LIVE is a big asset but HALO franchise has more to do with online of 360 being more popular than XBL itself

The present state of gaming is that online play is not longer optional, and if games lack it, they typically are considered of a lesser quality.

what?????????????????????????????????

you have gone bonkers

GOW3,FF13 didn't have it they are not considered lower quality

MGS4 was not played so much online and still considered the best game this gen

Personally I'm not all that into online play, for me it's an added bonus. What I'm after is a long and engaging single player mode. The reliance on multiplayer (including online) smacks of developer laziness to me, can't be bothered plot or story advancement just make a online FPS instead, Prime example MAG!!

Personally I'm not all that into online play, for me it's an added bonus. What I'm after is a long and engaging single player mode. The reliance on multiplayer (including online) smacks of developer laziness to me, can't be bothered plot or story advancement just make a online FPS instead, Prime example MAG!!

me too just don't like the online part

i need some motivation to play games like some story or some reward

i just can't go on fire,fire,fire thing so long time

but i love the online co-op single player thing,that is a blast

Multiplayer is also good for MMO,OPEN WORLD but i just can't do the fire,fire,fire in a small maps like some FPS's

No the cheaper development isn't the reason but price has more to do with it

easier to develop helps get titles to the platform and that makes it a cheaper alternative to PS3

:facepalm:
I'm going to try to make this as pellucid as I can for you. Developing games for 360 is cheaper for developers, both time and money-wise. Game companies want to spend as little as they can putting out games. Thus it stands to reason that they'd be able to spend more time and money on 360 ports while still being cheaper for the developer than porting to the PS3.

Strike 1.

XBOX LIVE is a big asset but HALO franchise has more to do with online of 360 being more popular than XBL itself

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Halo is the reason for the success of the 360, huh? If we're talking 2007, maybe there's some credence to that. But, it's interesting how the franchise has been outsold by the Call of Duty series so far, isn't it? Grand Theft Auto has had a significant amount of sales as well. Funny how those are multi-platform too. SquareTrade has the sales of Halo 3 falling hard since the second half of 2008, while GTA and Call of Duty have grown in that time. Something doesn't add up there.

Strike 2.

you have gone bonkers

Well done taking the exception, and trying to extrapolate it into the rule. Funny how 7 of the top 10 selling games for PS3 feature online play, and 9 of the 10 for the 360, huh?

Strike 3.

Do you ever get tired of showing your nescience on here, or shall I keep reality checking you?

Last edited:

you have gone bonkers

me too just don't like the online part

i need some motivation to play games like some story or some reward

but i love the online co-op single player thing,that is a blast

Multiplayer is also good for MMO,OPEN WORLD but i just can't do the fire,fire,fire in a small maps like some FPS's

Yes there are still great single player experiences out there but that number is dwindling. The fact of the matter is that more and more players are getting involved in gaming because of the online multiplayer mode.

Gamers are skipping the single player mode entirely and that's causing developers to make pretty short single player modes so that they can make deep multiplayer modes. There are tons of gamers out there who won't even buy a game if it doesn't have an online multiplayer option, no matter how good the game is.

The downloadable content that gets released for a lot of games is another indicator. A lot of it is to extend the multiplayer side of the game. Very rarely is it to extend the single player side. Red Dead Redemption is a prime example. Rockstar has released two DLC packs so far and both are for online multiplayer. They'll be releasing two more and both of them add more to the online side with the last one also bringing a new single player adventure.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more games like Warhawk and MAG get released.

Yes there are still great single player experiences out there but that number is dwindling. The fact of the matter is that more and more players are getting involved in gaming because of the online multiplayer mode.

Gamers are skipping the single player mode entirely and that's causing developers to make pretty short single player modes so that they can make deep multiplayer modes. There are tons of gamers out there who won't even buy a game if it doesn't have an online multiplayer option, no matter how good the game is.

The downloadable content that gets released for a lot of games is another indicator. A lot of it is to extend the multiplayer side of the game. Very rarely is it to extend the single player side. Red Dead Redemption is a prime example. Rockstar has released two DLC packs so far and both are for online multiplayer. They'll be releasing two more and both of them add more to the online side with the last one also bringing a new single player adventure.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more games like Warhawk and MAG get released.

It's a sorry state of affairs which I feel is taking the soul out of video games. Removing the artistic side and replacing it with more bang for your buck demanded by the brainless masses. Who simply want to shoot, shoot, kill go boom boom in an ever decreasing ring.

I'm going to try to make this as pellucid as I can for you. Developing games for 360 is cheaper for developers, both time and money-wise. Game companies want to spend as little as they can putting out games. Thus it stands to reason that they'd be able to spend more time and money on 360 ports while still being cheaper for the developer than porting to the PS3.

we all know that but you saying why 360 is succesfull and selling well as it just being better for development isn't true

Strike 1.

you are not in school that you keep that with this bullshit

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Halo is the reason for the success of the 360, huh? If we're talking 2007, maybe there's some credence to that. But, it's interesting how the franchise has been outsold by the Call of Duty series so far, isn't it? Grand Theft Auto has had a significant amount of sales as well. Funny how those are multi-platform too. SquareTrade has the sales of Halo 3 falling hard since the second half of 2008, while GTA and Call of Duty have grown in that time. Something doesn't add up there.

didn't you read what i said

i said HALO is more responsible for XBL then it being reposnsible for games.i never spoke about halo being the only thing

and HALO is what started it all.again and again you are talking like a newbie

if HALO never brought gamers over to XBOX and 360 then developers never would make games for it as developers only make games when their is a userbase

you are a fool to follow what is that squaretrade........lol

Strike 2.

you really are that imature

reporting false info and doing all these strike thing like this is a war or something for you

Well done taking the exception, and trying to extrapolate it into the rule. Funny how 7 of the top 10 selling games for PS3 feature online play, and 9 of the 10 for the 360, huh?

yes they do have online play but what you said was just because it wouldn't have it it is a fail,you are proving your own statement wrong

Strike 3.

meh

Do you ever get tired of showing your nescience on here, or shall I keep reality checking you?

WOW you are so living in your own world

again and again repoting false news and just believing what you think is correct and then you naively everytime try to make the other person sound bad

i know that but my reply was simply based on Shayd saying anything that doesn't have multiplayer is low quality

his post are so false and what he himself believe

yes cause the mojority of the gamers are casuals,only a minor part are hardcores

and even in the hardcore part some like to play multiplayers

and the casuals follow the popular thing which is multiplayer right now

i just hate those DLC's.devs are so greedy that they leave out things from the game which i don't like

neither will i but it is just a period like all others.

mmo's will be the next thing after the online thing

we all know that but you saying why 360 is succesfull and selling well as it just being better for development isn't true

you are not in school that you keep that with this bullshit

didn't you read what i said

i said HALO is more responsible for XBL then it being reposnsible for games.i never spoke about halo being the only thing

and HALO is what started it all.again and again you are talking like a newbie

if HALO never brought gamers over to XBOX and 360 then developers never would make games for it as developers only make games when their is a userbase

you are a fool to follow what is that squaretrade........lol

reporting false info and doing all these strike thing like this is a war or something for you

yes they do have online play but what you said was just because it wouldn't have it it is a fail,you are proving your own statement wrong

meh

WOW you are so living in your own world

again and again repoting false news and just believing what you think is correct and then you naively everytime try to make the other person sound bad

i know that but my reply was simply based on Shayd saying anything that doesn't have multiplayer is low quality

yes cause the mojority of the gamers are casuals,only a minor part are hardcores

and even in the hardcore part some like to play multiplayers

and the casuals follow the popular thing which is multiplayer right now

i just hate those DLC's.devs are so greedy that they leave out things from the game which i don't like

neither will i but it is just a period like all others.

mmo's will be the next thing after the online thing

:1orglaugh

Enjoy Fantasyland!

enjoy retardland

Pot, meet kettle.

Just an FYI, SquareTrade is the company that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all buy insurance for their consoles, and the discs that they ship on from. They've been widely recognized as having the accurate counts on consoles, and games shipped, since they have to pay to cover all of them, but hey it's no matter since reality isn't your thing.

Pot, meet kettle.

Just an FYI, SquareTrade is the company that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all buy insurance for their consoles,

that is separate part not the original one

and the discs that they ship on from. They've been widely recognized as having the accurate counts on consoles, and games shipped,

THEY HAVE NOT BEEN WIDELY recognized for any accurate counts

you are being delusional if you think Sqauretrade or any other tracker has more accuracy than the company that makes it

the counts that you reported were full of bullshit,they were nowhere near accuraTE,HECK THEY WERE ALL a joke

N64 outselling PS1...................lmao

since they have to pay to cover all of them,

we don't know that as they can have any deal from bulk of anything

and if they were really doing for all then their numbers are surely wrong as SONY,MS,NINTY shipment numberss are totally different from that you reported so there is noway they are tracking properly

but hey it's no matter since reality isn't your thing.

just you believing that they track accurately doesn't make it a reliaty,it would make it a relaity in your delusional world

you really need to learn english again you have got alot of word wrong as accurate,reality

you act so naive nad think you are correct but are just a damn fool

you are being delusional if you think Sqauretrade or any other tracker has more accuracy than the company that makes it

How could I have forgotten? I mean, it's certainly not like first-party manufacturers have ever exaggerated their sales totals to make it look like they're doing better than they are, right? They wouldn't lie to us would they? :surprise:

And lastly, these gems:

and if they were really doing for all then their numbers are surely wrong as SONY,MS,NINTY shipment numberss are totally different from that you reported so there is noway they are tracking properly

numbers*
no way*

Strike 1.

just you believing that they track accurately doesn't make it a reliaty,it would make it a relaity in your delusional world

reality*

Strike 2.

And the pièce de résistance:

you really need to learn english again you have got alot of word wrong as accurate,reality

a lot*
words*
I'm not even going to touch the how broken that sentence is, either.

you act so naive nad think you are correct but are just a damn fool

and*

Strike 3, for the golden sombrero.

But you're absolutely right. I should definitely take the time to learn English again, and expunge my horrible grammatical habits. Especially when there are such sparkling examples of fine grammar here, viz those you've provided above, and used as the rationale for objurgating. :hatsoff:

But I digress.

Pot, I believe you earlier met kettle, no?