• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 or ps3?

Come on, surly it's universally agreed that the Xbox controller is gash. It's way to big and chunky (it needs batteries), the analogue sticks are at different heights (wtf) and to top it all it's ugly, I mean what are those colours all about it looks like a pre school toy!

Compared to the sleek stealth like black pad that Sony got right (ergonomically at least) first time, but to say it's getting a bit old is just wrong as the current incarnation is actually newer than the Xbox pad!

Uh, what? It's a personal preference, there is absolutely no universal conclusion on that. Personally, I don't really give a shit either way, but to each their own.

Uh, what? It's a personal preference, there is absolutely no universal conclusion on that. Personally, I don't really give a shit either way, but to each their own.

Er....ok then. Of course there is no universal agreement that Xbox controllers are lame (apart from amongst sane and logical people), obviously my statement was entirely personal opinion and I thought, given the tone and language used that would have been perfectly apparent. Next time I will be sure to use IMHO to save confusion.

Er....ok then. Of course there is no universal agreement that Xbox controllers are lame (apart from amongst sane and logical people), obviously my statement was entirely personal opinion and I thought, given the tone and language used that would have been perfectly apparent. Next time I will be sure to use IMHO to save confusion.

Or you could solve the whole fucking problem and not try to mask an opinion as fact. That way, we don't waste time calling out this flippantly false putative thought about controllers, and instead can just move on.

Or you could solve the whole fucking problem and not try to mask an opinion as fact. That way, we don't waste time calling out this flippantly false putative thought about controllers, and instead can just move on.

Well I can see a lesson is in need to explain what I would have thought was a given for anyone whose first language is English.

Firstly by starting my comment with "Come on" the tone is set instantly for some friendly persuasion. This is typed in the first person and is very conversational in style, which suits the environment of a relaxed (by most at least) discussion.

Secondly when continuing with "surly it's" these words show that what follows is my opinion, as the word surly asks the reader if I, the speaker am correct in my statement. It is even an open invitation for rebuttal. furthermore the use of 'it's' is far more relaxed than it is, which if used would have been a clear indication that what followed was fact.

So by reading my first four words, taking into account the tone of the whole statement and the environment the post was made (being a friendly debate) it is clear that a standard debating technique was used.

To say "flippantly false putative thought about controllers" is just, frankly, an insane thing to get hung up on given the environment you are posting in. You do understand that this is a thread set up to debate which console posters prefer, I happen to believe the controller issue is quite a large part of that debate.

So IMHO maybe you should relax and see what this is, a friendly discussion, with no need to jump on people for having an opinion :2 cents:

Come on, surly it's universally agreed that the Xbox controller is gash. It's way to big and chunky (it needs batteries), the analogue sticks are at different heights (wtf) and to top it all it's ugly, I mean what are those colours all about it looks like a pre school toy!

Compared to the sleek stealth like black pad that Sony got right (ergonomically at least) first time, but to say it's getting a bit old is just wrong as the current incarnation is actually newer than the Xbox pad!

I have both consoles and I like the 360 controller better. The PS3 controller is good but it's not the best for me. By the way , what do you think is powering the PS3 controller ? Huh ... Batteries maybe ? :D

I have both consoles and I like the 360 controller better. The PS3 controller is good but it's not the best for me. By the way , what do you think is powering the PS3 controller ? Huh ... Batteries maybe ? :D

Yes batteries.....but not user supplied Double A's or whatever it is the Xbox uses, which add to the overall weight and bulkiness. Not to mention how cheap this makes Microsoft look (so tight they squeak when they walk) it's not like the Xbox was overly cheap at launch but what did they include for the price? Next to nothing!

Yes batteries.....but not user supplied Double A's or whatever it is the Xbox uses, which add to the overall weight and bulkiness. Not to mention how cheap this makes Microsoft look (so tight they squeak when they walk) it's not like the Xbox was overly cheap at launch but what did they include for the price? Next to nothing!

You can buy a rechargeable battery pack for the controller and just plug it in. By the way, I prefer the XBOX controller when I'm playing FPS games. Not to mention I like the weight of the controller. It doesn't feel like I can break it easily.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Does masturbation really help your game-playing abilities?

You can buy a rechargeable battery pack for the controller and just plug it in. By the way, I prefer the XBOX controller when I'm playing FPS games. Not to mention I like the weight of the controller. It doesn't feel like I can break it easily.

Same for me. And I like the xbox controller better for playing racing games because of the big triggers.

i own both. i have more games for the ps3 due to so many being released. but the games exclusive to the 360 are amazing. so i can't decide which i like better.