• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2011/2012 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ No doubt WH was a hell of a coach, I'm just relaying what a lot of folks say went down. Probably no one outside the "inner circle" will ever know what actually happened, but TB certainly has one version, and that's the other. :dunno:

Regardless, kids were getting paid under Dye, though the means were never revealed fully. First hand knowledge (ok, 2nd hand), from 2 guys I played with in HS.

Anywho, we are hijacking the thread again (ok I did), but it's offseason, and there's not much else to discuss.

Oh, any OSU folks see the HBO show? Thoughts?

OSU Spring game was yesterday.

I was less into Spring football this year than anytime I can remember. It’s kind of hard to get excited when it turns out your team has the ethics that would make an SEC team blush.

OSU Spring game was yesterday.

I was less into Spring football this year than anytime I can remember. It’s kind of hard to get excited when it turns out your team has the ethics that would make an SEC team blush.

I've long since accepted them as mere events...and sort of hard to get excited if you see too many plays being made against yourself while running the most vanilla of sets and plays. I learned the only thing worth worrying about from spring practice, game and fall practice is whether or not survived without injury and if they were all eligible.

Didn't you guys break out some camo helmet for your spring game?

im not much into spring games..if my rb makes a good run..my defence looks shitty..if my defence smokes him for a 3 yard loss..my offence looks shitty..when the ball is snapped..even I dont know what i want to happen..i cant cuss the zebras out...just cant get into it:1orglaugh

I've long since accepted them as mere events...and sort of hard to get excited if you see too many plays being made against yourself while running the most vanilla of sets and plays. I learned the only thing worth worrying about from spring practice, game and fall practice is whether or not survived without injury and if they were all eligible.

Didn't you guys break out some camo helmet for your spring game?

Yes, I thought they looked kinda dumb.

I'm a little surprised by Boise State's fuck up. But what can we say -- welcome to "big time" athletics :dunno:

I am a bit surprised that Senator Tressel has his hands all over the Buckeyes scandal. I'm not going to pile on OSU (or Baill) because, well, all I care is that USC's appeal comes out "roses" for USC and SC can get to some sort of Bowl game this season. Keeping a team from going to a bowl game is tantamount to a death sentence in today's college fball world.

On the positive side -- ChaChingChaChing goes the bank account for the Pac12 thanks to the new TV Deal :nanner: Most money for any conference :thefinger

It is in this cynical world... I also read the NY Yankees donated $500k for relief efforts in Alabama. Pure class.

SR, like the new avatar BTW :nanner:

Yes, tragedies seem to bring out the best in all of us.

On a personal note, I was lucky. That F-5 was on a collision course with my neighborhood, but I live in a valley, so the tornado hit the mountain and skipped over us. I went outside and saw it go over. Thankfully, hitting that mountain took a lot of strength out of it, so the mountain in a very real way saved lives. I also own a small hunting lodge just outside Tuscaloosa, but I haven't yet found out if it's still there. Right now, that's not important. I'm also thankful it didn't hit the university. Even though I'm an Auburn fan, I don't even want to think about how many young lives could have been lost, or how much the state would have been affected if that had happened. Right now, we just console ourselves with this, as bad as it was, it could have been much worse.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance and well wishes.

Yes, tragedies seem to bring out the best in all of us.

On a personal note, I was lucky. That F-5 was on a collision course with my neighborhood, but I live in a valley, so the tornado hit the mountain and skipped over us. I went outside and saw it go over. Thankfully, hitting that mountain took a lot of strength out of it, so the mountain in a very real way saved lives. I also own a small hunting lodge just outside Tuscaloosa, but I haven't yet found out if it's still there. Right now, that's not important. I'm also thankful it didn't hit the university. Even though I'm an Auburn fan, I don't even want to think about how many young lives could have been lost, or how much the state would have been affected if that had happened. Right now, we just console ourselves with this, as bad as it was, it could have been much worse.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance and well wishes.

Glad it skipped over you dude, and yeah, it could have been much worse!

It is in this cynical world... I also read the NY Yankees donated $500k for relief efforts in Alabama. Pure class.

SR, like the new avatar BTW :nanner:
Now I'll feel bad whenever I hate on the Yankees... :o

My youngest brother was at the university when the storm blew through Tuscaloosa and thankfully didn't get injured or anything. Couldn't call him after it'd happened because my cellphone decided to royally fuck up on me and wouldn't dial out, so I had to wait 10+ hours(storms hit Dothan and I wasn't about to drive out to my parent's house in that mess) before my phone finally started working and I got confirmation that my brother and the rest of the family that I have living up there and around Birmingham/Montgomery were okay.

Watching a youtube vid someone from the UA campus shot of the tornado barreling through Tuscaloosa honestly made me want to cry. And seeing vids/pics of the other twisters and the damaged they caused around the upper-half of the state and in other states was just horrifyingly fascinating.

Now I'll feel bad whenever I hate on the Yankees... :o

My youngest brother was at the university when the storm blew through Tuscaloosa and thankfully didn't get injured or anything. Couldn't call him after it'd happened because my cellphone decided to royally fuck up on me and wouldn't dial out, so I had to wait 10+ hours(storms hit Dothan and I wasn't about to drive out to my parent's house in that mess) before my phone finally started working and I got confirmation that my brother and the rest of the family that I have living up there and around Birmingham/Montgomery were okay.

Watching a youtube vid someone from the UA campus shot of the tornado barreling through Tuscaloosa honestly made me want to cry. And seeing vids/pics of the other twisters and the damaged they caused around the upper-half of the state and in other states was just horrifyingly fascinating.

I doubt your phone was messed up. A lot of cell towers got damaged or destroyed and that was probably the culprit. I know several people who were without coverage for days because of that which just added to the anxiety of trying to get in touch with friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.