• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2011/2012 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Well, all I'm not going to get defensive because that is my school, but be careful to paint millions of people with a brush because of the actions of a couple of deranged retards, because it's VERY safe to say that "fans" of all schools do stupid things and 99.9% of the time, they had no connection to the univrsities except to root for a sports team. :2 cents:

Everyone wants to make this a single case of Bama fan craziness when it's not. It's more widespread than that.

Wasn’t Lee Harvey Oswald a ‘bama fan? Jeffrey Dahmer? Ted Bundy? Ayatollah Khomeini? Yup, I’m pretty sure they were all ‘bama fans.

manson was a usc fan???..not sure where your going with this??:rofl2:

this is 2 funny..i think we should go down death row..and find out who all the inmates team is..we may be on to something here people:1orglaugh

I saw in the paper today, the NCAA found Lane Kiffin had committed recruiting violations while he was at Tennessee.

It takes someone who is seriously stupid to do that in his first year, first ever (college) head-coaching spot. If I were in charge at Tennessee, I'd sue that sorry sack-of-shit after doing that and leaving after just one year.

I saw in the paper today, the NCAA found Lane Kiffin had committed recruiting violations while he was at Tennessee.

It takes someone who is seriously stupid to do that in his first year, first ever (college) head-coaching spot. If I were in charge at Tennessee, I'd sue that sorry sack-of-shit after doing that and leaving after just one year.

Funnier still, a school on probation for sins committed while Kiffin was at their program hires the doof as their new HC....:hybrid::error::updown:

Anyone see HBO Sports last night?

Yes, I saw it. I watched because they were airing allegations from former Auburn players. Maybe the allegations are true, maybe not, but I will say this, three of the four are well known to have grudges against the school/coaches. On the surface, Stanley McGlover is/was the only one that comes across as believable, but then I read an article in the local paper that made me wonder. McGlover was a standout at Auburn before leaving after his junior year. One of his former AU teammates ended up on the same team with him in the pros and disputed McGlover's claims. He said McGlover made well over 1.2 million during his brief stint in the NFL, but McGlover pissed all that money away with his frequent outings at strip clubs, but the one thing that really caught my attention was this; McGlover stated that he got $7,000 to buy a car, but his former teammate said that was a lie, because McGlover borrowed his car on an almost daily basis. Anyhow, I'm sure the NCAA will look into it.

Also, there was one good suggestion made on that show last night. I've been saying all along that the student-athletes should get an allowance, but I really loved that idea where the athletes should get a bonus if/when they graduate.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
These kind of raffles are held all over the country. I'm not sure if they are legal or not, but after reading this, I do have one question; How does a lottery commission have investigative powers? :rolleyes:

Because it's Michigan. Gambling is legal but the state keeps it tight under control. Somehow the MSLC has its hand in the government's gambling trough.

@cxmacleod01, you and many Aubbies' loyalty to your university is admirable, but jeez, how many more dots do there have to be before the "faithful" start to wonder what the heck is going on down there?

It goes on at every school, including Alabama. Now, the question is, are these individuals that are making allegations telling the truth? The past has shown us that just because someone makes a claim, that doesn't make it true. My advice has always been, don't pass judgement, let an investigation proceed before forming an opinion. Try to remember, the FBI proved Eric Ramsey was a liar and he falsified evidence.

It goes on at every school, including Alabama. Now, the question is, are these individuals that are making allegations telling the truth? The past has shown us that just because someone makes a claim, that doesn't make it true. My advice has always been, don't pass judgement, let an investigation proceed before forming an opinion. Try to remember, the FBI proved Eric Ramsey was a liar and he falsified evidence.

Actually on the phone with my dad now, an AU alum BTW. He's saying they are completely busted, all the same people were never rooted out of there (Dye, Lowder, etc.), and he's pissed at the university more than anyone for not getting rid of guys known institutionalized FPF. He stopped giving money to them in the 90s after Dye and staff were busted, and because Lowder was de facto running the athletic department because of his money. He just made the point that no one would have believed Eric Ramsey either if he hadn't taped it either. ;)

Well, I know that some fans are deeply tied to their schools (sometimes too much), so I'll leave it be because other than being an Aubbie, you seem like a good dude :) But I will say this in response to your allegation: I do think boosters everywhere still do the $100 handshakes, that's probably very prevalent and impossible to regulate... but IF AU was still using their coaching staff to funnel thousands in cash to players, that's NOT done everywhere and is on a whole different plain from the random booster slipping a kid a bill. :2 cents:

Actually on the phone with my dad now, an AU alum BTW. He's saying they are completely busted, all the same people were never rooted out of there (Dye, Lowder, etc.), and he's pissed at the university more than anyone for not getting rid of guys known institutionalized FPF.
Dye was never a real problem, Lowder was, but that will probably change when the FBI is finished with it's investigation of his bank.

He just made the point that no one would have believed Eric Ramsey either if he hadn't taped it either.
:confused: Are you saying that he believes those tapes? Is he not aware that the FBI proved those tapes were faked?

Also, I'm not saying coaching staffs everywhere funnel money, and I don't believe Auburn is doing that. If it was done in the past, I'm sure the head coach knew nothing about it.

:confused: Are you saying that he believes those tapes? Is he not aware that the FBI proved those tapes were faked?

He thinks they were paying players, regardless whether the tapes were legit or not. And it was through Wayne Hall, the DC at the time under Dye. And I agree, Lowder was a huge part of the equation, but he had his "helpers," many of which still have their claws in the program. The folks like my pops that truly love the university want them rooted out, and after getting that crystal ball in January, this might be the only way...

He thinks they were paying players, regardless whether the tapes were legit or not. And it was through Wayne Hall, the DC at the time under Dye. And I agree, Lowder was a huge part of the equation, but he had his "helpers," many of which still have their claws in the program. The folks like my pops that truly love the university want them rooted out, and after getting that crystal ball in January, this might be the only way...

Back then, regardless of what was done, or who paid who, I don't believe Wayne Hall had anything to do with it. At the time, Wayne Hall was considered the best DC in the country, and only Mickey Andrews at Florida State was considered his possible equal. The man had too much to lose by getting caught up in a mess like that. As for why Wayne Hall's name got mentioned, you can blame that scumbag Terry Bowden. When Bowden was hired at Auburn, the first thing he did was call his daddy at FSU and ask him what he should do. Papa Bowden told him, "Whatever you do, DON'T fire Wayne Hall!" The whole problem was this, Terry Bowden was a great coach (look what he did early at AU with Dye's recruits), but Terry showed himself to be one of the worst recruiters in college football. When the team started losing games, it was because the offense (his area) couldn't score. When people started the talk about him on the hot-seat, his reaction to fix the offense was to fire the head of the defense. How the hell does that make sense. The day he fired Wayne Hall, I prayed he would fall on his face and get the axe himself. He did! As for those past violations, Wayne Hall's name only came into it because Bowden was disgruntled and wanted to blame someone else for his problems. He knew that he was gonna be fired and took the cowards way out by quitting in the middle of the season. I'm sure Lowder was the instigator in all that crap, but I believe he had someone other than Wayne Hall doing his dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.