• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Your favorite cancelled TV shows

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Xena: Warrior Princess
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
The Flash
Charmed
Blade The Series
Smallville after season 7.

Pretty soon Heroes will be the only show I watch on T.V. on a weekly basis besides wrestling and baseball.

Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks

Joss said that even if Sarah agreed for another season, he wouldn't be on board because he was basically strained from all his projects. So odds are that the show was going to be the last season.

Didn't I say that :confused:

I said many reasons and just gave two examples. We did know that he had Angel and had just started Firefly when he started the last series.

No, Firefly was definately cancelled, my friend. Everyone was on board but the network. Joss tried to shop the show to the Sci-Fi Channel when FOX dropped it and said that he would never work with FOX again (at this point who the hell wants to work with them anyway). To boot, there's at least one known unfilmed Firely script along with bits of potential plot revelations sprinkled around here and there. Joss even said that the plot of Serenity was basically going to be an arc if the series had continued, he just condensed it to film, and done to bring some sense of resolution. The fact that the powers-that-be let a movie be made was just one of those rare instances where Hollywood did something right, so much so that the rumours of another film are mere wishful thinking at this point. Odds are better in the rumour mill that the show itself will be back on another network (though I'm not certain how likely that'll be). So major downer points to you for total misinformation here. Fucking hell, there are even two unaired episodes. Try to explain that as anything but cancellation.

Josh said that at the end of series one they knew that Firefly was going to have only one more series. So designed the script round that. He also had started to look for people to back a movie. But also would like to have kept the series going if he could too. Josh did state though that he always wanted and intended to do a Firefly movie as it would give him more area and a bigger canvass to work with.

So in a way it was both cancelled and finished.

But I read a interview just 2 weeks ago that he's trying to do another Serenity movie. But if not see if he can get someone to pick up another series as he has just about enough script to stretch too it.

It's be long confirmed that it is coming back. It'll resurrect on Comedy Central who'll have the rights to the syndication airings when it expires in 2008 so it'll all be under one roof. Also, it more or less was cancelled because FOX, those wuvale braintrusts, decided against renewing it for a fifth season.

Should have read the interview with Matt at the end of series three. He said the forth would most likely be the last because his team was working too hard on the Simpsons both TV and movie. But as soon as the movie was finished, this is when he announced that they had fresh ideas and the time to make more Futurama's. They are believed to be going to be picked up by Paramount Comedy in the UK.

Blade The Series

This was dead in the water after the forth one. After three films it was a done thing really. That and the terrible job done on it as that was the opinion of it's own producers.

To all of the Star Trek fans out there,I have one question;
Do we really need another Star Trek show or movie? I mean come on! This shit has been on in one form or another since the 60's,enough already,let it just die.
I've never found anything intriguing about any of the shows(only watched the original and TNG,seen bit and pieces of DS9).To my undestanding, most fans didn't like Voyager or Enterprise.I've heard mixed things about DS9,but it really doesn't matter because I never liked any of them anyway.

Oh well,that's my :2 cents: on Star Trek.

New Avengers :wave2:
Avengers :tongue:
Hogan's Heroes ::spump:
A-Team
McGyver
Mission Impossible
Nowhere Man
The Exile
Scene of The Crime
Adderly :tongue:
Dark Shadows (both) :wave:

Re: I'll give you that ...

I'm very, very picky, and what most engineers would like would probably not be what the American public would like.

Don't even get me started on the "hospital dramas". :rolleyes:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Do we really need another Star Trek show or movie? I mean come on! This shit has been on in one form or another since the 60's,enough already,let it just die.
I've never found anything intriguing about any of the shows(only watched the original and TNG,seen bit and pieces of DS9).To my undestanding, most fans didn't like Voyager or Enterprise.I've heard mixed things about DS9,but it really doesn't matter because I never liked any of them anyway.

The only reason you can say that is because they fumbled BAD with the opening seasons of Voyager and Enterprise. DS9 was still going strong. Voyager gave people a bad taste in their mouth and Enterprise was just.. :shrug: To do aa Star Trek series right you gotta acknowledge the fans at least. Stay with official canon materials and for frick's sake we know the vulcan is hot but the love story?

Rorys

Closed Account
Well you've got cancelled and ended ;) Anyway... :1orglaugh

Cancelled (didn't last one or only one season):
Smith
Kidnapped
Method and Red Show
Hawaii
Over There
Listen Up
Medical Investigation

Ended:
The OC
Futurama
Seinfeld

Well you've got cancelled and ended ;) Anyway... :1orglaugh

Method and Red Show

Seinfeld

Method and Red!Are you kidding!They didn't even like the show why would anyone else. To each his own,I guess.

And to all the Seinfeld fans out there,are you really sad that the show ended.Hey look, I'm one of the biggest fans of the show but i have to admit that they ended at the right time.Do you really want a show to go until it's not funny anymore.They did the right thing and ended it after 9 years and when it was still funny.

Star Trek hasn't been on from the 60's. The original series was cancelled 1966 - 69. The first of the Films in 1979 is what restarted interest in it. The second film followed in 82. The Next Generation came in 87 and then DS9 came to take over from that in 93. They then brought along Voyager to run when DS9 was off air in 95. Then finally Enterprise in 2001 which was the last planned series of them due to lack of interest according to producers and TV companies. They did say that it did leave them free to go also in different directions with the films.

This meaning they wouldn't be stuck to one crew or ship. They can even use a ship or crew never seen before.

Which IMO will keep the name Star Trek alive as in the films. Personally I like a bit of Star Trek every now and then. So hope they do keep the films going.

Voyager killed the Star Trek name on the small screen. Pity because Enterprise was excellent, in fact the one I've liked the most really. Maybe because they was just learning as they went along and made mistakes as in real life. Plus they keep some real things in it like a chef who actually prepared food and cooked it. A doctor who didn't just point some light at a person and healed whatever was up with them, etc.

Just a little side note...

Try not take everything you read in a interview or on the internet as the truth. Listen to all sides of the story before believing it as true. Plus actually watch a interview and not read a edited story of it. This is how you find out the truth about these and not the rumours that a lot of shows have going around about them.

Also just because a show finishes, does not mean it was cancelled!

And to all the Seinfeld fans out there,are you really sad that the show ended.Hey look, I'm one of the biggest fans of the show but i have to admit that they ended at the right time.Do you really want a show to go until it's not funny anymore.They did the right thing and ended it after 9 years and when it was still funny.

I agree with you on Seinfeld. I love the show and have watched every episode multiple times. It still had its moments in the last season, but the better episodes were in the first few seasons. It was losing steam toward the end, and I think they got out at a good time, while the show was still good.

Dogod -- I spent over 5 minutes typing out a long explanation why poggy1 was wrong about Firefly and Futurama , but you beat be to it.:thumbsup:
I heard rumors of a direct-to-DVD movie or movies ,because the show had such a huge sucess with DVD sales. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I knew there were going to be some I forgot. I loved Earth 2 a lot, and especially Futurama.

I also forgot Once & Again (w/Sela Ward & Billy Campbell) and Now & Again (w/Eric Close)

Futurama is coming back - they're working on new episodes - I can't remember the exact amount but it's a full season's worth. That show was hilarious.

I miss Boomtown. One of the best cop shows since Homicide (another one I miss).

Sopranos is one I will greatly miss. :(

I loved that show because it was so bizarre. But toward the end, I stopped watching it because it got too bizarre and the plots were too convoluted. It was like David Lynch was trying to outdo himself.

I think he came back only for the end of the second season, and to my understanding the network tried to control the direction of the show, and Lynch never intended on revealing Laura's killer; it was just a basic plot that was supposed to go on while the we saw the messed up lives of the locals.

I've been watching the series on DVD (I was probably 5 when the show was actually on), and the whole Laura Palmer story arc was amazing. Now everything is so random, like the writers didn't know what to do next. So parts are really good, some parts I honestly don't even pay attention. I do appreciate that it set the standard for what he would do afterwards in his films, and that there was nothing like that on TV during that time and even today not too many shows even come close.

I would have liked Riget to have been completed. That was a damn good and scary series.
I didn't care much for the American adaption though. It just seemed to be lacking in so many ways, and it didn't have the same creepy style as the original series.

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
Forgot about Oz....