• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Where and What Were Your Greatest Meals?

The foodie craze has become almost nauseating these days with so many forgotten celebrities now popping up with cooking shows and Guy Fieri personally dedicated to making the cooking channel impossible to watch with one stupid show after another. But the saying that I hear most often is the mantra of all people who enjoy food embracing, and that's "one thing in this life that brings people together is great food" which is so true.

So I ask, what was your greatest meal? Where was it? What did you have? Who were you with? Sometimes the experience is actually better than the food itself, which was simply a catalyst to make the situation possible.

I'll start.

My best meal ever was at a restaurant in Montreal called Joe Beef. It's been featured on nearly every culinary show that's actually about great food. The owners are personal friends of Anthony Bourdain and David Chang and Eric Rippert, and they have recently made the top 50 restaurants in the world list. It's not fancy by any means. It started out as an oyster bar with a few other items on the menu, fresh every day and the menu depended on what was available at the market. Its traditional French cuisine and they only serve natural french wines. Their menu is on a chalkboard, again it changes daily.

I had seen the 2 owners David MacMillan and Fred Morin on Bourdain's CNN show and then on David Chang's brilliant Mind of A Chef and followed them on Twitter. We had a few back and forth comments and David said he liked what I was doing with my Youtube videos and that he'd love to cook for me and that I should come to Montreal, so I did. They made me one of everything on the menu. Now they don't have a lot of items on their menu, probably 15 or so but still! I was seated in the coveted window booth and David sat with me and my friend all night drinking and introducing us to the most incredible dishes imaginable. Roasted duck, foie gras, poutine, sweetbreads sausage, horse tenderloin with butter noodles, rabbit stew, and on and on it went. There were 2 girls from Vancouver at the bar eating oysters that we brought over to help us with the food and the Brazilian TV host Alexandra Forbes joined us.

Our servers Patrick and Samia (she s fucking BEAUTIFUL!) brought around shots of gin with a gherkin pickle in it every 15 minutes and the night was literally perfect. We ended up walking down the street to some other places for more drinks and ended up back at Joe Beef for homemade ice cream made from fresh snow (it was February) that was so fucking good it was ridiculous. Then they took a bowl of snow and turned it upside down on the table and poured fresh warm maple syrup over the top and handed everyone a Popsicle stick. As the syrup cooled and ran down the mound of snow you rolled the syrup around the stick. Imagine 5 drunk girls, not an ugly one in the bunch, sucking on these lollipops. I tell ya it was a spectacle.

I can say without hesitation it was the best meal of my life. The food and company were equally as awesome. Without that great food it would have just been a drunken night like many others, but it became so much more.

I didn't go there to film or anything else. I went to meet my new friend (who is married to a beautiful woman so it wasn't about anything other than friendship) and ended up making many friends.

Here are some photos and a couple of videos.

joebeef-kissy.JPG

samia.jpg

I'm looking forward to all of your replies!

My favourite food is Indian. I've been to a number a great Indian restaurants in the UK but to narrow it down to one I would have to say Urban Tandoor in Bristol (www.urban-tandoor.com). Chicken Madras & Naan bread - my go to curry. I went here with friends before seeing Queens of the Stone Age play at the nearby O2 Academy. All-in-all a great evening. Staying with curries though the best area in the UK by far for Indian food is the Balti triangle in Birmingham. Hundreds of really good restuarants and take-aways.

Best restaurant for atmosphere is probably one I went to with friends in Berlin called Sophieneck (www.sophieneck-berlin.de) . Traditional German food (simple meat & potato cooking). I had the pork schnitzel. The place was heaving but everyone was having a great time, staff included.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Before I start my story: There is the "Tadsch Mahal" right down the street, some 3 minutes from my door. Will eat there tomorrow.

My favorite meal was with my father and my two sister, it was in the "Kieler Schloss" ("Kiel Castle") restaurant, that is pretty top notch in our town. My father had business connections with the owner, and we celebrated every christmas and every birthday of his (luckily, in June) with a gorgeous meal there. The cuisine was classic, mixed european, if I recall correctly. We had a three-dish meal and fine wines, and what just topped the evening was our very tongue-in-cheek waiter who soon caught wind of our high spirits and sense of humour and he delievered the meals and the whole setup just very sort of british, but brilliantly funny. The meats were so tender they pretty much fell apart when touched with the knife, the sauces were to die for. And our conversation was great, also.

One of the last times before somehow we started to drift apart. Later years stopped being so much fun, and that single evening was the best.

Sounds great...we've had the Indian food in the UK discussion plenty :) But again, southern Indian is my favorite and that restaurant in Shepperton was my favorite ever. I hope it's still there. Do you ever get down that way?

Seriously girl, go to Birmingham for a curry instead of London. How can I reiterate further the difference from London to Birmingham for a ruby .... it's like going to Alaska and asking for cajun chicken. :)

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
Outback Steakhouse for their Bone-In Ribeye. Sure is good. I suggest ordering the Coca-Cola for your beverage as it's nice and cold with plenty of fizz in it. Free refills too.

bone-in-natural-cut-ribeye.jpg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
At home, and my mother, who was 100% Sicilian, who's mother came from Sicily. My mother would go to the garden, pick tomatoes, and eggplant, and make homemade sauce and eggplant parmigiana that would make your eyes roll back in your head. I would come home, and she would have homemade pasta drying over broom handles and on cookie sheets. She baked 14 different kinds of cookies at Christmas, and made Easter cookies that had a hard boiled egg in the middle...I can't spell th name, but it was bascoti shaped like a basket, with the egg in the middle. She died when I was in my 30's, and in all that time, she only made ONE thing, that wasn't very good....egg rolls. How can you even count that one thing as a failure? I've been to Chinese restaurants that made shity egg rolls.

Fortunately, I have inherited her ability to make sauce, but I have yet to venture into baking.

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
I am shocked I would have thought KFCunt, McFuck, or BurgerKrap would have been your greatest meal. Are you ill?

If it is I you are referring to your other choices are mighty good ones and definitely Top 5 but remember we're talking about Outback Steakhouse here. I am going to McDonald's later and getting the tried and true always good and consistent #4 Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese Meal, largest size with a Coke for $8.15 please. I'll be lovin' it. BTW, I never, ever get sick. Maybe it's the weed. That sure is good too.

doublequarter.jpg
6f2f36665570d39dc8862f770c650836.gif

A Red Lobster in South Carolina with my folks. Lobster tail dipped in butter has to be one of the most delicious things ever. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I am shocked I would have thought KFCunt, McFuck, or BurgerKrap would have been your greatest meal. Are you ill?

My exact same reaction. Even the mention in this thread other than as warning examples makes me believe in his crazed status a big step beyond.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
The best liver i have ever had was in Venice-Italy, a friend of a friend made it for us. He never shared the recipe though.. It was incredibly taste, sweet and so yummmmyyyy.

The best liver I ever ate was with some Fava beans, and a nice Ciante.

I had a meal last year with a friend I had no seen since we were 14. She was in Florida and found me on facebook and I invited her over for dinner. I went to this great little market that is all fresh organic veggies and bought all this stuff based purely on how beautiful it was instead of a recipe I had in mind. So I just loaded up the grill with charcoal and we sat outside grilling veggies and shrimp and talked all night. It was a beautiful evening and we kept seeing how good each thing would be...the corn then the zucchini then the pineapples slices and so on.

Outback was started in Tampa...and its total crap.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Chopper3000 said:
:rofl2: That had me ROFL yesterday and again today. :1orglaugh

What would your Pet Name for Trader Joe's have been? :rofl:

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
What in the name of turds is Trader Joe? Seriously I don't know. I am English, not sure we have such crap (yet).

Trader Joe's is an American treasure. They make wise and frugal deals on blocks of food that's not expired yet passing the savings off to the customer along with all the loosening of the bowels.

I heard in England they have this stuff called English Food that's got some pretty mixed reviews.