• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Vote: Sirius V. XM Satellite Radio

XM all the way, remember Sirius was almost out of business a year ago. Howard Stern is lame, not worth the extra $2 a month over XM

Both will have radio shows I like. But I prefer Howard to O&A, so I'll probably get Sirius next year.

I was tossin this very option about a year ago. I kept thinking XM too. Alas, I'm a huge fan of Howard Stern as well, and as soon as he moves over - I'm buyin Sirius!

I always thought the big thing about Stern was it was cable... if you got satalite there are other shows just as contraversial as his.

I do a lot of traveling and am looking to pick up a satellite radio. Any recommendations out there?

Ranger :hatsoff:

I don't post much, cause I don't have much pics, but I do have advice-- especially on this topic. I had the experience of listening to both. Both are good in their own ways. BUT I am a huge metal fan and Stern fan. Sirius pretty much dominates in both categories. Not to mention sirius has the sports package like DirecTV where you get all the NFL games for a certain price. If you are in to college games then XM dominates there. So with that in mind I would go with Sirius. :2 cents: :thumbsup:

Rock on \m/
Unrated

PS- before i forget, you can get trial versions of each satelite for a week off the internet. So you could try before you buy.

i will stay with CD's MP3 players and local rock stations... i think i can manage to wet my music appitite there

I have heard both and am going to get a Sirius subscription....helps that Stern is going there, but regardless, id go with Sirius

I am looking at Sirrus due to Stern among other things. I get out in BF and the radio dial goes around and around and around. Any recommendations on models?

Ranger :glugglug:

Ive been a subscriber to XM radio for about a year now and im completely satisfied. When I was faced with the decesion to pick between the two i chose XM mostly because the sound quality is better, their equipment is more advanced, the company is on more solid ground (their stock closed yesterday at $33 a share, compared to Sirius at $6 a share), they have a much larger subscriber base, and all their channels have digital quality. One thing that is not known about Sirius is that they operate off of 1 satellite stationed over middle north america, XM uses 2, 1 over the east coast and another over the west, that allows for better coverage. thats just my oppinion.

Ranger said:
Thanks for the help. Any model recommendations?

Ranger :glugglug:

If you go with XM, they have a model called the Myfi (you can find em online for about $200-$250), its pretty awesome, it will come with everything you need for the car, home, and head phones. Yes it is portable, its a little smaller than an ipod. you can record up to 7 hours of programing and listen to it when ever you want. it allows you to rewind, fast forward, pause. its pretty sweet, i wish i had spent a little more money and got that, but i have a skyfi.