• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Greatest Guitarist Of All Time

The* *Greatest* *Guitarist* *Of* *All* *Time*

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 66 45.2%
  • Eric Clapton

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Jeff Beck

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Keith Richards

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Frank Zappa

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Kirk Hammett

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Pete Townshend

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Eddie Van Halen

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Angus Young

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
best guitarist???? They all can't be lumped together. Robert Johnson started it all. Les Paul, Chuck Berry, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, B.B., Capton, Iommi, Van Halen ( as much as i dislike him, he was an inovator) Rhoads, S.R.V.,Malmsteen, Eric Johnson, Dimebag. Page is one of my favs he's equally at home playing acoustic or a les paul through a wall of marshalls. Slash plays with alot of soul. But at the top of my list would be Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers of Maiden.

Here here, sadly a lot of music fans forget this guy and his influence. Or don't even know him to start with.

1. Frank Zappa
2. Ace Frehley
3. Steve Hackett ( former genesis member )
4. Jimmi Hendrix
5. Adrian Smith ( Iron Maiden )
6. Steve Howe ( Yes )
7. Jimmy Page
8. Dave Mustaine ( Megadeth )
9. Robert Fripp ( King Crimson )
10. Garry Jennings ( Cathedral )

Some of my favs.
Jimi Hendrix
Mark Knopfler
Eric Clapton
David Gilmour
Angus Young
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Joe Satriani
Slash
Tommy Emmanuel
Kirk Hammett

I could add to the list

Diamond Darrel (R.I.P.)
Steve Vai

I have only lurked on here so far but the fact that so many people think hendrix is the best simply BLOWS my mind. Just about every single guy on that list could smoke the hell out of him any day. In fact, a lot of people not on that list could smoke the hell out of hendrix. His greatest hits album is good but if you listen to his albums then each of them have maybe one decent song and the rest of it sounds like someone gave a kid with down syndrum a guitar and let him play with it for 10 minutes.

Even if Slash, Joe Perry, and Mick Mars had been on the list, I'd still would have voted for Hendrix. No disrespect for those guys, they're great in their own styles but Jimmy's on his very own level.

Even if Slash, Joe Perry, and Mick Mars had been on the list, I'd still would have voted for Hendrix. No disrespect for those guys, they're great in their own styles but Jimmy's on his very own level.

mick mars? i love motley crue as much as the next guy, but mick mars getting mentioned as one of the greatest guitarists? :eek: