• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sports

Which kind of sports you like ?

• Soccer

Votes: 50 29.1%
  • Basketball

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Volleyball

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Hockey

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • American Football

Votes: 44 25.6%
  • Tennis

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Thats the stanley cup the toughest trophy to win in all of sports.
Prime said:
Thats one fucking hugh Trophy :eek:

b23k said:
It would be a disgrace because I don't respect the US as a football nation, for me its important that a football loving nation wins it, obviously I wish it was Argentina all the time....but it can't always be, so i would much rather a country wins it, that knows the meaning of it, and can appreciate the significance of winning a world cup.

Americans would never be able to understand the history and significance of such a triumph, and as for the "best team winning the world cup", the team that wins the world cup often ISN'T the consensus best team, for example we were the best team in 2002, but we did not win the world cup, our hated brothers from Brasil won it...and many Brasilians who don't want to be partizan will freely admit they knew going into the tournament that Argentina was the team they feared, and they celebrated our exit even more than their own triumph because they knew we would piss all over them.

If the US ever wins a world cup, i would love to see how many dubious decisions that went for them in the process, no doubt it would be a title orchestrated by that cunt Blatter and paid for by Nike!:rolleyes:

Okay, thanks. At first, I thought you were just saying that because you had some kind of grudge against the U.S. But now I see that... well, never mind.

darkman

Retired Moderator
I choose Soccer :) ... As you know this is the most important sport in Brazil but I do like NBA & Tennis as well... :hatsoff:

b23k said:
You fear us, and you know it.....anyway we'll see you at the Olympics.........Oops, sorry you didn't qualify!!! HA HA HA

Gonzalo Rodriguez........GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!

VAMOS VAMOS ARGENTINA, VAMOS VAMOS A GANAR....

Oh my GOD!!! Fear???

Nosostros tenemos piedad de los Argentinos!!!

BRASIL O ÚNICO 5 VEZES CAMPEÃO DO MUNDO!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Abrazos al amigo sulamericano:glugglug:

BassPlayer666 said:
dude, Iceskating is not easy and it takes alot of leg strength if you want to be good. Not to mention hockey players are doing two sports at once. Ice Skating, and Hockey. so to say that Iceskating is easy your very wronge, I will give you my goalie skates and all my pads, and I want to see you skate and stop pucks from going in the net.

you get me wrong I don't have anything against icehockey, I was just making my point that its icehockey and not hockey, beside i like icehockey more than hockey and I never said it was easy, it's just that running is more tiring than iceskating but i beleive you when you say that iceskating is also tiring

1. The guy that said Football is continuous play was taking about FOOTBALL, not the NFL.

indeed I was, if he read my post in full anybody with an iq above 5 would have know that.

Sutty

Banned
b23k said:
With all due respect Sutty, thats a load of bollox! I doubt there will ever be a World Cup again like the one in 2002 when all the big nations were either in a bad state, like Germany, underperform big time like Argentina and France, or be fucked in the ass by bent officials like Italy.

Even Brasil were in a poor state at the World Cup, and were able to keep their heads above water.

You will not see a team like South Korea ever make the Semis again, Turkey have been shown up for what they are by failing to even get past Latvia for Euro 2004, and USA benefited from a gutless effort from Portugal.

All these factors are unlikely to come up again, the 2002 WC was without doubt the worst i have seen so far in my lifetime, i hope to never see a tournament like that again, it was a massive massive disappointment not only from my own country's standpoint, but the competition as a whole was not good and was marred IMO by Italy and Spain really being fucked by the Refs big time, especially Italy, surely no team has ever had to face so many injustices?

I guess for you and me, who will probably see another 14 or so world cups. How on earth can you say a team like South Korea will never reach the semis? What are you, a psychic or something?
Teams like South Korea, Japan and America are evolving footballing countries and as much as I don't want them to win honours, they will get better and get further with every World Cup.
As for the 2002 WC, it was a great competiton for me, because i won 100 quid on Brazil winning the cup. Maybe you didn't enjoy it because your team went out so early.

It aren't always the good teams who go to the semi's but what i think is the whole idea of WC is wrong because it's once in four years that the teams play against each other and if you have bad luck a couple of matches your out, but that doesn't mean you don't play well. The wining team in the WC isn't the best in the world they just happen to be the best at that exact period of time. If they would select the world champion on a point bases, as it is in the natiol championships the outcome would be completly different. The WC has to much to do with luck.

Jaan said:
Please people
it's ICEhockey, hockey is a sport played on an field much bigger than the icefield and more intens because you have to run constantly not iceskate and it's much less voilently.
so in the future say icehockey and not hockey

Listen buddy, its hockey to us, just as soccer is football to you. So in the future, call it whatever the hell you wanna call it, but for us, it is and always will be hockey.

Football! That's NFL for all ya Europeans. Call soccer whatever ya want but it's still soccer:D
Seahawks all the way! They will win the superbowl this year. Matt Hasslebeck is the best NFC QB and with a DT rotation of Tubbs, Moore and Woodard The D will be able to shut down the run and apply pressure to the QB. This is the year of the Hawk!
I'm also a Steelers fan as well, but I don't think they're winning anything this year.:)
Baseball is my number two sport (my poor Mariners:( ...). I also enjoy NCAA basketball. Anything else I find rather boring.

Anyway, I suppose that's a good introduction. I managed to get every soccer lovin' European on the board to hate me;)

Sutty

Banned
Jaan said:
It aren't always the good teams who go to the semi's but what i think is the whole idea of WC is wrong because it's once in four years that the teams play against each other and if you have bad luck a couple of matches your out, but that doesn't mean you don't play well. The wining team in the WC isn't the best in the world they just happen to be the best at that exact period of time. If they would select the world champion on a point bases, as it is in the natiol championships the outcome would be completly different. The WC has to much to do with luck.

I do agree with you to a certain extent, but i do think the best team in the world won the 2002 world cup. Spain and Italy had some bad luck but they weren't good enough anyway.
The European Championships is a much more harder competition to win than the World Cup because every team in it has some quality right down to the likes of Latvia and Bulgairia

QUOTE]Football! That's NFL for all ya Europeans. Call soccer whatever ya want but it's still soccer[/QUOTE]

You ignorant fool, Football isn't NFL, american football is NFL. "soccer" is just your word for someting the rest of the world cals football but you have decided that the "great" america will call your game football and football soccer cause your game is more important.( to you)[

Sutty said:
I guess for you and me, who will probably see another 14 or so world cups. How on earth can you say a team like South Korea will never reach the semis? What are you, a psychic or something?
Teams like South Korea, Japan and America are evolving footballing countries and as much as I don't want them to win honours, they will get better and get further with every World Cup.
As for the 2002 WC, it was a great competiton for me, because i won 100 quid on Brazil winning the cup. Maybe you didn't enjoy it because your team went out so early.

Well history tells me that, and South Korea are not a traditional tournament team like Argentina, Brasil, Germany, Italy etc, also they benefited (as you should do) from being the home side, and they also benefited (which you shouldn't do, at least not to the extent they did) by what can only be described as some incredibly suspect refereeing decisions.

I agree that these sides are evolving and becoming better organised and working more on their technique and athleticisim, but the progression from zero to 5 is alot easier to make than from a mediocre side to break into the pack of great ones.

As for the 2002 WC, you are right to a large extent, as you probably know there were massive expectations for Argentina, we pretty much felt we would walk it as we destroyed South American qualifying, and had beaten Italy, Spain and Germany away during the same time frame........unfortunately for us, Bielsa lost his balls in selection, and as a consequence us (the people) were made to suffer.

Putting that aside, I really felt the world cup was tainted by the fact Italy were the victim of so many wrongs.....bad refereeing is just part of the game, but to have 4 perfectly good goals disallowed spanning different games within a couple of weeks, having penalties given against you and not getting them for exactly the same, and then having Totti unjustly sent off........all in all it was just too much, and then we all know what happened to Moreno since then.

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't have enough belief to back England!;) We'll see you in 2006! (if you can get there);)

PittHawk said:
They will win the superbowl this year. This is the year of the Hawk!

Anyway, I suppose that's a good introduction. I managed to get every soccer lovin' European on the board to hate me;)

Wanna bet? Year of the Hawk my arse.

Oh and its the South Americans who hate you too also, not just the Europeans. Actually we don't hate you, its just that Ignorance is not considered a quality outside the US, although evidently it is in America.

Sutty said:
The European Championships is a much more harder competition to win than the World Cup because every team in it has some quality right down to the likes of Latvia and Bulgairia

Uh-oh, here comes the traditional Euro delusions of grandeur. Winning a World Cup is MUCH harder, for one the best Euro teams will be there if they are good enough, then add Argentina and Brasil, plus 2 other SA sides of techincal quality, and then add Cameroon.........plus, you have to go at times out of your comfort zone (ie. out of your own continent) to triumph, you play in different conditions. And then simply add the pressure of it being the World Cup, what any player dreams of winning for his country, it makes you immortal in your nation, as Passarella once said "Winning the World Cup, is like an orgasm that lasts 4 years"

To say winning a Euro title though is so hard, is what I would expect from an England fan who has never had the pleasure to see his side win their continental title. :)

b23k said:
Uh-oh, here comes the traditional Euro delusions of grandeur. Winning a World Cup is MUCH harder, for one the best Euro teams will be there if they are good enough, then add Argentina and Brasil, plus 2 other SA sides of techincal quality, and then add Cameroon.........plus, you have to go at times out of your comfort zone (ie. out of your own continent) to triumph, you play in different conditions. And then simply add the pressure of it being the World Cup, what any player dreams of winning for his country, it makes you immortal in your nation, as Passarella once said "Winning the World Cup, is like an orgasm that lasts 4 years"

To say winning a Euro title though is so hard, is what I would expect from an England fan who has never had the pleasure to see his side win their continental title. :)

I agree with your arguement when it comes to Brazil, Argentina, and to an extent, Cameroon.... but you must admit that because of they way the WC is set up (with a "quota" of countries per region, that some countries that make the tournament don't deserve to be there, thus giving one or two of the favourites an easy road to the semis or quarter-finals. There are not as many weak teams in the Euro Championships as there are in the WC.

parker said:
I agree with your arguement when it comes to Brazil, Argentina, and to an extent, Cameroon.... but you must admit that because of they way the WC is set up (with a "quota" of countries per region, that some countries that make the tournament don't deserve to be there, thus giving one or two of the favourites an easy road to the semis or quarter-finals. There are not as many weak teams in the Euro Championships as there are in the WC.

Absolutely, I would not disagree with that, and you could say the same for the Copa. Now that Venezuela are vastly improved, there are no "easy" games for us also.........whereas in the WC, you would be happy to play a side like Saudi Arabia.

I think it is wrong to say sides don't "deserve" to be there, in Europe who get a massive quota, in South America we only have 4 spots plus the playoff, the big problem is CONCACAF which gets THREE spots........it amazes me, that FIFA, actually it doesn't amaze me cos FIFA have always acted like fools, that CONCACAF gets three spots in comparison to us who can only get a maximum of 5, when South America is the dominant continent in World Football.

CONCACAF should have a maximum of 2 spots in my opinion.

The group phase of a WC can be 'easier' than a continental group phase, i would agree.......but when it comes to the later stages WC's are always harder. Remember in 98 when you had Argentina, England, Holland and Brasil all in the same half of the knock out phase? Thats pretty fucking tough to come through, compare that to what will happen in Euro 2004 for example, the group phase will mean you will test yourself sooner, but once you get through that the increase in difficulty is not as great.

And look at 2002, the group of death, are you saying that was easy or easier for any of the teams? I can talk from personal experience and disappointment, that we thought we would walk the group of death and leave it between sweden and england to fight for 2nd place...........

There aren't as many weak teams in the Euro's than WC, simply cos there aren't as many teams period in the competition! Latvia, Greece, Bulgaria.......these kind of sides are mediocre at best, so don't talk them up to be something they are not.

Ultimately the only way to satisfy the criteria, is if qualification was not done by region, but with world groups....unfortunately that could never happen as it would cause too much travel chaos and interfere with the structure of different nations league format......what you would find is that Europe would not get as many teams to the WC, as you are "given" at present.

I would love for it to happen though cos I would love to get to play England more regularly, it causes great banter and arguments with my mates. The best kind of football to watch is when you see sides from 2 different cultures, and different attitudes to the approach of the game.

In my opinion, for technical quality of the highest order and bragging rights no game can challenge Argentina - Brasil.......but for a match that brings out all the different emotions and facets of a game, Argentina - England is a battle that everyone wants to watch no matter where you are from.

66, 86, 98, 2002.......these matches go down as some the greatest in history, something ALWAYS happens when Argentina meet England, there is always a story.

b23k said:
Wanna bet? Year of the Hawk my arse.

Oh and its the South Americans who hate you too also, not just the Europeans. Actually we don't hate you, its just that Ignorance is not considered a quality outside the US, although evidently it is in America.

What an ass :ban: :ban:

Obviously you can't take a fucking joke! Lighten up.

Year of the Hawk my arse!? Name one fuckin player on the team (besides the 4 I mentioned in my post). I never fuckin badmouthed your favorite POS soccer team cuz I don't give a damn about the sport so why don't you shut the hell up about the NFL.:mad:

Gee, I wish I lived over in your 'ignorance free' continent... tool.