• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '10/'11 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
The Chicago Blackhawks have walked away from the $2.75 million contract that was awarded to Antti Niemi in arbitration, which makes the Stanley Cup-winning goalie an unrestricted free agent.

Instead, the Blackhawks have signed veteran netminder Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.3 million contract.

The team confirmed the goalie shuffle in a conference call on Monday.

"Of course it would be a loss (to lose Niemi), but the nature of sports is that change does happen," said Blackhawks' general manager Stan Bowman last Thursday, prior to the arbitration award. "My job is to try and find a way to make things work if that's a necessity. You kind of have to embrace change and realize it's an opportunity for somebody else."

Bad move I would have found some way of resigning him I know that Hawks have major cap problems but Turco is not better than Niemi

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
So Raycroft is going to start for Dallas now?

LukeEl

Kari Lehtonen is their goalie. they picked him up in a trade with Atlanta last year and signed him to a 3 year deal

That settles my ulcer, because I know Dallas picked up Raycroft as a free agent and I remember how he used to play in Boston near the end.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Bad move I would have found some way of resigning him I know that Hawks have major cap problems but Turco is not better than Niemi

Turco is way better than Niemi. Turco is one of the league's most underrated talents. He's probably the best puck handler in the league and he's going to mix well with Chicago's defence.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
If the wings sign him good for Modano but in my opinion he needs to hang it up he has a stanley cup and he hasnt had a good season in a while

and after the sendoff he got from fans in Dallas and Minnesota, that would have been the perfect way to end the career.

PlasmaTwa2

If Modano still thinks he can play, then why not? It's Dallas' loss.

Modano should retire in/with Minnesota, the place where he started and spent most of (all, if including Dallas) his career. Him, Owen Nolan and Maybe Matt Cullen on a line would be awesome. :1orglaugh Although Nolan isn't currently signed right now and from the looks of it Minnesota sucks balls. :rolleyes:

LukeEl

Modano should retire in/with Minnesota, the place where he started and spent most of (all, if including Dallas) his career. Him, Owen Nolan and Maybe Matt Cullen on a line would be awesome. :1orglaugh Although Nolan isn't currently signed right now and from the looks of it Minnesota sucks balls. :rolleyes:

That would be an awsome line, yes he should end his career with the Wild, I expect good things from that team this year.

Wild sign Madden. I always liked Madden sice I had his rookie card back in the day and he was puting up big numbers but don't know what this adds. They want to make a team out of seniors, okay. Just a lot of progress (i.e. playoffs) is suppossed to be seen this year. Otherwise Todd Richards is going to be coaching his kids team full time.

LukeEl

Yeah I am glad Madono is with Detroit, they will make it to the playoffs but sadly there will be no cup for the Red Wings.

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
Wild sign Madden. I always liked Madden sice I had his rookie card back in the day and he was puting up big numbers but don't know what this adds. They want to make a team out of seniors, okay. Just a lot of progress (i.e. playoffs) is suppossed to be seen this year. Otherwise Todd Richards is going to be coaching his kids team full time.

Madden will help the Wild this year

PlasmaTwa2

:wave::booty::wiggle::banana::nanner:

Ten bucks says he still signs with New Jersey and the Rangers continue to be the Devils' bitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.