• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '10/'11 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
This is complete bullshit, best NHL rivalry my ass! Both teams are hugely overrated, and Pittsburgh gets another Winter Classic spotlight, proof positive that Bettman is bouncing Crosby and Toothless Ovechkin on his knees, not to mention blowing both of them on his knees. What about NY Rangers, Toronto, Montreal, where is there Winter Classic, read and just roll your eyes.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ai_jY5bUqKPK0Pzw2ZitYJt7vLYF?slug=ap-winterclassic

This is complete bullshit, best NHL rivalry my ass! Both teams are hugely overrated, and Pittsburgh gets another Winter Classic spotlight, proof positive that Bettman is bouncing Crosby and Toothless Ovechkin on his knees, not to mention blowing both of them on his knees. What about NY Rangers, Toronto, Montreal, where is there Winter Classic, read and just roll your eyes.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ai_jY5bUqKPK0Pzw2ZitYJt7vLYF?slug=ap-winterclassic

If they got another Winter Classic that's retarded. (sorry I didn't click the link, I'm drunk as fuck)

Mauser98k

Closed Account

i've said from the beginning when it was just rumors that 2 teams who haven't played should get the chance. Washingto should be playing somebody else. i wish Bettman would stop kissing Crosby and Ovechkins' asses.

Bettman is a stupid fuck, sorry. His antics have become tired. We can get a good (new)Winter Classic battle every year. :( Minnesota . deserves one. Hell, we have two BEAUTIFUL new stadiums and we are the hockey capital of America. :nono:

Bettman is a stupid fuck, sorry. His antics have become tired. We can get a good (new)Winter Classic battle every year. :(

Rangers/Bruins would be good.

But from a marketing and ratings stand point...Pens/Caps is the way to go. Two of the biggest stars in the game.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Bettman is a stupid fuck, sorry. His antics have become tired. We can get a good (new)Winter Classic battle every year. :( Minnesota . deserves one. Hell, we have two BEAUTIFUL new stadiums and we are the hockey capital of America. :nono:

But Scott, that doesn't matter! Today's game is all about television ratings! What would make a casual viewer want to watch the Winter Classic more, a game featuring Minnesota/Dallas or a game featuring the two most well known players in the game? Unfortunately, that's how it is.

They're going the Heritage Classic up here in Canada. Only problem is we only have three outdoor stadiums! Calgary has McMahon, Edmonton has Commonwealth (Which already hosted one) and Toronto has Rogers Centre. Vancouver has a dome, Montreal's football stadium is the size of the Bell Centre and there is no way the NHL would let the Senators play in their piece of shit. There really is only one answer to this: The Heritage Classic must be played in Mosaic Stadium in Regina. It just makes sense. Saskatoon might be getting some Coyote games, so might as well have them play one in front of 50,000 fans.

But Scott, that doesn't matter! Today's game is all about television ratings! What would make a casual viewer want to watch the Winter Classic more, a game featuring Minnesota/Dallas or a game featuring the two most well known players in the game? Unfortunately, that's how it is.

They're going the Heritage Classic up here in Canada. Only problem is we only have three outdoor stadiums! Calgary has McMahon, Edmonton has Commonwealth (Which already hosted one) and Toronto has Rogers Centre. Vancouver has a dome, Montreal's football stadium is the size of the Bell Centre and there is no way the NHL would let the Senators play in their piece of shit. There really is only one answer to this: The Heritage Classic must be played in Mosaic Stadium in Regina. It just makes sense. Saskatoon might be getting some Coyote games, so might as well have them play one in front of 50,000 fans.

Could you not use a CFL stadium?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Could you not use a CFL stadium?

Those are the CFL stadiums. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver all play in covered stadiums. Calgary and Edmonton play outdoors while Hamilton, Winnipeg and Regina all have outdoor stadiums with no NHL team. Ottawa's stadium has been condemned as well. Outside of those eight stadiums there aren't any football stadiums the size of NHL arenas in Canada.

Those are the CFL stadiums. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver all play in covered stadiums. Calgary and Edmonton play outdoors while Hamilton, Winnipeg and Regina all have outdoor stadiums with no NHL team. Ottawa's stadium has been condemned as well. Outside of those eight stadiums there aren't any football stadiums the size of NHL arenas in Canada.

Wow, I had no idea. Could not the teams play at a netural site?

LukeEl

If they got another Winter Classic that's retarded. (sorry I didn't click the link, I'm drunk as fuck)

They did Scott, they will playing the Capitals at Heinz Field where the Steelers play.

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
I think it is cool to see the Pens and Caps in the outdoor game. I am a Lightning fan I will never see a outdoor game lol

LukeEl

Toronto vs. NY Rangers @ Yankee Stadium, fuck why not in the middle of Central Park.

LukeEl

Here is a question for this season, which player who had a bad season last season will have a good season this year..I will say Minnesota Wild goalie Nikolas Bakstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.