• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '12 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir, Monday was just terrific. Nothing like coming home from a funeral and watching the Bears give their own interpretation of one. I point the blame at the Bears for keeping Cutler as the starter each season. 3 injuries, 3 potentially great seasons gone to shit as soon as he goes down. Add the fools gold backups they sign. Any QB can get injured at any time, but when it becomes the deal breaker for 3 consecutive seasons, then they need to drop him and hire someone else. I don't hate Cutler. I just hate the organization's trusting ways.
Next week they play the Lions, which shouldn't be as big of a problem as Hou and SF, but at this point, 2 losses in a row right after the starter goes down and the momentum and moral is waning.

Yes sir, Monday was just terrific. Nothing like coming home from a funeral and watching the Bears give their own interpretation of one. I point the blame at the Bears for keeping Cutler as the starter each season. 3 injuries, 3 potentially great seasons gone to shit as soon as he goes down. Add the fools gold backups they sign. Any QB can get injured at any time, but when it becomes the deal breaker for 3 consecutive seasons, then they need to drop him and hire someone else. I don't hate Cutler. I just hate the organization's trusting ways.
Next week they play the Vikings, which shouldn't be as big of a problem as Hou and SF, but at this point, 2 losses in a row right after the starter goes down and the momentum and moral is waning.

*fixed

No big deal..RG3 throws 4 tds, Luck throws 4 picks on the same day...those circumstances are unique and worthy of discussion considering people have been making an ongoing thread discussing the comparison of the two QB's...I'm not trying to change your mind, but at least I respect you showing up and sticking with your boy...that's more than I can say for Poin4dexter and the rest.

I wouldn't really get too hyped over this Kaepernick guy..Alex Smith sucks IMO, but I doubt he'll lose his starting job over a minor injury...Kaeprnick had beginner's luck, plus he was at home, and against a totally inept opponent in a funk because Jason Campbell was so incredibly horrible.

Can Kaepernick do that consistantly with teams game planning for him, I doubt it, but if he can, then the 49ers would be very dangerous down the stretch...Either way I applaud Harbaugh for actually having a backup that can play...That is the mark of a good coach and organization and, as you can see as of late, most teams don't have that quality next guy that can step up when the starter QB goes out.

Whoa!! Lookout!!! The Skins won! Eric was right all this time. RG3 is the better QB.

You dropped the debate weeks ago, but brought it back up when the Skins won? Like how you're accusing Luck fans of doing? Oh the hypocrisy. You're the only person displaying fanboy behaviour with your aggressive RG3 backing. The guy backing Luck is a diehard Colts fan. I was actually in the Luck/Griffin thread praising Griffin for the season he's having.

If I'm a fanboy of anybody, it's Kaepernick. Fuck the Colts and the Redskins. I just think the Colts have the better QB. No huge losses or big wins from either of them will change my mind. We'll find out in a couple years though. They both look good now, but only one of them inherited a legendarily terrible team and has them in a playoff hunt.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Luck had 2 TDs and 3 picks against a vastly superior team. I expected that loss. Just like I expect to lose twice to Houston. The Texans and Patriots are much better teams. They're better on offense, and they're better on defense. When teams get down in a game, they have to throw. That doesn't bode well for a young team like Indy. They don't have the weapons to get in a shootout. Luck made some poor decisions and the end result is what it is. He didn't play that well. Move on to next week, and keep fighting for the playoffs.

Just like I thought...All the Luck fanboys dissapear like roaches when the lights get turned as soon as he takes a legendary beatdown and RG3 has a perfect QBR on the same day...
Dude, I don't post here all the time. Sorry, I don't really have that much free time right now.

And RG3 did not have a perfect QBR. He scored a 93.8/100 and was #6 in the league this week overall. Luck was 23rd. Luck is still #3 on the year in season QBR behind Peyton and Brady. RG3 is 8th. QBR and QB rating are not interchangeable terms. Surely one day you'll get the hang of it...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Next week they play the Lions, which shouldn't be as big of a problem as Hou and SF, but at this point, 2 losses in a row right after the starter goes down and the momentum and moral is waning.

Who would you have them go and get if they get rid of Cutler? Even mediocre quarterbacks are hard to get a hold of. It's not like there are lines of quarterbacks that are better waiting to be signed. Why do you think they gave us so much for him in the first place. Their only options are to replace him with somebody worse, or to draft somebody next year, spend years rebuilding (which the current defense doesn't have before age pulls it apart), and have that person still end up probably being worse after it's all said and done.

QBR and QB rating are not interchangeable terms.

Yeah, QBR is only a slightly less crappy metric than QB rating.

What you need to comprehend is that the QBR is some synthetic made up bullshit meaningless crap...always has been, and always will be...I thought I made that perfectly clear when you brought it up the first time like it actually proved something. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/qbr-espns-deeply-flawed-made-for-tv-stat/7978/ .
Because only in fantasy LaLa land could anyone, even the biggest idiot, rate Luck over RG3...check the real stats and do your research next time before you come at me son... RG3 at 5 and Luck at 28...http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p...sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

I'm not even going to get into your excuse about playing the Pats...RG3 had a Redskins record 10 balls against the Steelers dropped by his recievers, yet you were bending over backwards showing stats and quoting bullshit sports shows trying desperately to prove that Luck was better, just because he happened to have a better game that week..So fuck excuses, the fact is that RG3 has dominating passing stats over Luck,,,because he is a better QB, pure and simple.

Listen and learn Poin4dexter. 159 perfect QB Passer Rating, http://www.businessinsider.com/rg3-perfect-qb-rating-eagles-2012-11

Luck had 2 TDs and 3 picks against a vastly superior team. I expected that loss. Just like I expect to lose twice to Houston. The Texans and Patriots are much better teams. They're better on offense, and they're better on defense. When teams get down in a game, they have to throw. That doesn't bode well for a young team like Indy. They don't have the weapons to get in a shootout. Luck made some poor decisions and the end result is what it is. He didn't play that well. Move on to next week, and keep fighting for the playoffs.

Dude, I don't post here all the time. Sorry, I don't really have that much free time right now.

And RG3 did not have a perfect QBR. He scored a 93.8/100 and was #6 in the league this week overall. Luck was 23rd. Luck is still #3 on the year in season QBR behind Peyton and Brady. RG3 is 8th. QBR and QB rating are not interchangeable terms. Surely one day you'll get the hang of it...

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
What you need to comprehend is that the QBR is some synthetic made up bullshit meaningless crap...always has been, and always will be...I thought I made that perfectly clear when you brought it up the first time like it actually proved something. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/qbr-espns-deeply-flawed-made-for-tv-stat/7978/ .
Yeah, because the other QB rating system isn't made up bullshit right, right?

Because only in fantasy LaLa land could anyone, even the biggest idiot, rate Luck over RG3...check the real stats and do your research next time before you come at me son... RG3 at 5 and Luck at 28...http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p...sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2
Luck still leads RG3 in QBR and wins. Those are the statistics that I care about.

I'm not even going to get into your excuse about playing the Pats...RG3 had a Redskins record 10 balls against the Steelers dropped by his recievers, yet you were bending over backwards showing stats and quoting bullshit sports shows trying desperately to prove that Luck was better, just because he happened to have a better game that week..So fuck excuses, the fact is that RG3 has dominating passing stats over Luck,,,because he is a better QB, pure and simple.
You can believe what you want. I don't need to nor am I trying to prove anything. We're 11 weeks into their rookie season. Both QBs have long careers ahead of them. Any prognosticating about who is going to be better over the long run is pointless right now. But I can tell you this: I'd much rather have Luck than RG3.

Listen and learn Poin4dexter. 159 perfect QB Passer Rating, http://www.businessinsider.com/rg3-perfect-qb-rating-eagles-2012-11
Again. I understood that the first time. You're the one who keeps getting the two terms mixed up. RG3 had a perfect passer rating, he did not have a perfect QBR. And it's one game. Your team is still 4-6 and on the outside of the playoff picture.

Clearly, this argument means more to you than it does to me. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep thinking whatever you want. It doesn't affect me. I'm not going to post about this topic anymore.

Alex Smith may never see the field again. :eek:

Say the 49ers do bench him... I think there will a few teams trying to trade for him..

1. Kansas City: for some reason they hate drafting quarterbacks, so they could always just trade for another one.. And also, all they need is a game manager and nobody manages a game better than Alex Smith

2. Jacksonville: desperately needs a qb (no way in hell Chad Henne ever does that again)

3. Oakland: I'm putting them in the conversation just because they are a fucking crazy team that does random shit on a consistent basis

I really hate week to week debates about the overall talent of players.. One performance doesn't all of a sudden make a player better than another.

Did RG3 have a better week? Yes.. Has Luck had better weeks? Yes.. This is their rookie season and you're sitting here debating their overall talent already?

Look eric, we all stated our opinions a few weeks ago.. Some of us think Luck will be the better qb, other think RG3 will be better.. This is just something you can't debate week to week.. It's something that will be debated in the next decade and probably even another 30 years down the road..

That's why I'm on Andron's side on this.. Why sit here and debate who the better qb is in week 11? It makes no sense.

It's like the debate on elite quarterbacks.. You can't debate on the eliteness of a quarterback from week to week.. You can only do it season to season. Unless you want to call tony romo elite for about 5 weeks a year.. Let's just drop the whole debate on Luck vs RG3 until at least the end of the season.. we've got 5 games left, let's see what happens

Yeah I didn't start the thread debating the Luck vs RG3 topic, nor was I the first to bring it up in this thread...but that's a good idea for you, Poin4dexter, and the rest...drop the subject...so if the Skins lose don't come on here quoting SportsNation hating on RG3, or if Luck has a good game, don't coming running on here to ride his dick .

I have no problem sitting back and just enjoying both QB's... which is what I said weeks ago...but there are alot of folks that want to change the subject, and just don't want to talk right now ONLY because their boy Luck is losing in the debate, but when Luck does something good, they are front and center flappin' their jaws...so those guys especially should keep their mouth shut from now on.

Yeah I didn't start the thread debating the Luck vs RG3 topic, nor was I the first to bring it up in this thread...but that's a good idea for you, Poin4dexter, and the rest...drop the subject...so if the Skins lose don't come on here quoting SportsNation hating on RG3, or if Luck has a good game, don't coming running on here to ride his dick .

I have no problem sitting back and just enjoying both QB's... which is what I said weeks ago...but there are alot of folks that want to change the subject, and just don't want to talk right now ONLY because their boy Luck is losing in the debate, but when Luck does something good, they are front and center flappin' their jaws...so those guys especially should keep their mouth shut from now on.

Wait a second... Maybe you weren't the one who originally made the debate, but you are sure as hell the one who brought it back up 2 days ago.. We dropped the subject, you're the one who felt the need to bring it back up. Don't start spitting out lies here man

Wait a second... Maybe you weren't the one who originally made the debate, but you are sure as hell the one who brought it back up 2 days ago.. We dropped the subject, you're the one who felt the need to bring it back up. Don't start spitting out lies here man

This is a messageboard...all topics are ongpoing....RG3 had 4tds and a perfect passer ratring and Luck has 4 turnovers, that would be something worthy of discussion even if the ongoing threads didn't already exist...but I've already made my points and I will do so again if I feel like...but since the subject is closed to you or anybody else then great, go discuss something else .

I'm just glad that the Texans beat the Lions. It would've been horrible to see their only losses be to the Bears' NFC North rivals, the Packers and the Lions. I feel slightly better now.

@D-Rock, I get what you're saying. As I look at it with a clearer head, the problem really seems to lie with the offensive coordinators and not as much with the players themselves. It's not that they can't do what they're supposed to. It's that they are coached to do the wrong things. They are very predictable and don't have many tricks up their sleeves.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Say the 49ers do bench him... I think there will a few teams trying to trade for him..

1. Kansas City: for some reason they hate drafting quarterbacks, so they could always just trade for another one.. And also, all they need is a game manager and nobody manages a game better than Alex Smith

2. Jacksonville: desperately needs a qb (no way in hell Chad Henne ever does that again)

3. Oakland: I'm putting them in the conversation just because they are a fucking crazy team that does random shit on a consistent basis

KC shouldn't do that but I can see those morons doing just that. It will be a mistake because Smith will just be Cassel 2.0 for them. Behind KC's line he would look like Alex Smith pre-Harbaugh. Without Harbaugh he would have been a bust.

Jim Schwartz should be fired tomorrow (let him enjoy the rest of the night eating thanksgiving dinner).. I'm pretty sure the guy threw the challenge flag when the texan runningback was at like the 10 yard line...
If you're a head coach you have to at least have patience.. and he has none. That's why the lions constantly commit dumb penalties because they're reflecting their coach..

KC shouldn't do that but I can see those morons doing just that. It will be a mistake because Smith will just be Cassel 2.0 for them. Behind KC's line he would look like Alex Smith pre-Harbaugh. Without Harbaugh he would have been a bust.

oh yeah, I don't think Smith is all that good of a qb.. I think he's more of a solid #2, but that's never stopped the chiefs before **cough** cassel **cough**

It might come down to whoever finishes in last between the jags and chiefs because right now the only 2 'notable' free agent quarterbacks for next year: Joe Flacco and Matt Moore. Flacco's gonna be resigned and I don't Moore being signed as a number one qb (he'll probably just get resigned).. The first pick is going to draft a qb and the second will trade for smith

Status
Not open for further replies.