• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gas prices expected to fall in coming weeks

Gas goes up every summer. Gas goes down every fall. And so the world turns. :turnturn:
lmao my very first thought...this is so not anything new..other breaking news; its going to start getting cool in sept......

kencacti

Banned
I think gas is even expected to fall quite a bit more because of all this dept crisis bullshit going on, people are being more cautious with their money. Not spending a lot on gas.

I get f'n 37 m/g on a 21 year old car, what do I care? I made a smart purchase 6 years ago, unlike alot of other people.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Does that mean we can drive down the block to get one bottle of juice.

lmao my very first thought...this is so not anything new..other breaking news; its going to start getting cool in sept......

Of course gas prices experience seasonal change. But gas prices haven't ever been as high as they have been over the past 5 or 6 years trending with the economic decline.

How it matters is pricing, while in some cases is reflective of expected behavior it can have much to do with encouraging behavior as well.

In a normal economy these cyclical changes barely have an impact. But in an economy like this, theoretically with as many different pressures on it...what you hope for is some synergy of events to spur a positive momentum.

A gas price drop, teaming with a surge in the stock market and an improvement in unemployment can be the synergy needed toward the end of the summer to see more dramatic change/improvement in the greater economy.

Don't underestimate a price drop in gas at this time. That would mean more money in the hands of consumers who are then able to buy more goods and because gas pricing can drive the prices of goods (that get places by truck/ship)...the costs of goods go down too. Before you know there is a small momentum building..:2 cents:

That is, until the tea baggers flared up...:hairpull:

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Gas prices expected to fall in coming weeks

Great, now if only the price of everything else in the marketplace would decrease about a buck an item for about 2 weeks (or however long the gas price reprieve will last) I'll have a reason to celebrate. :tongue:

Re: Gas prices expected to fall in coming weeks

Great, now if only the price of everything else in the marketplace would decrease about a buck an item for about 2 weeks (or however long the gas price reprieve will last) I'll have a reason to celebrate. :tongue:

Things you buy that require gas to get to where you buy them from should come down...though likely not a full dollar...(if there is such a thing anymore).

I have no idea what the average American weekly mileage is but in the uk it is still fairly high

Like 500 a week is still a long way.
I heard Americans drive everywhere, even if they are going to the neighbours house and they go to WalMart at least twice a week which is normally miles away out in the sticks. Also they usually have huge pickups which are not very fuel efficient. Most time spent driving in the UK (especially London) is stationary in traffic. Also bear in mind Americans have costs like health care that we don't, operations we get here for free (and take for granted) can cost 10's of thousands in the US so I guess all the costs balance themselves out in the end.

Take away taxes, gas is similar in prices between the UK and USA.

The issue we have here is not the cost of oil, but lack of refineries and too many middlemen who want costs to stay up even though oil drops as they want to squeeze profits as much as possible.

I heard Americans drive everywhere, even if they are going to the neighbours house and they go to WalMart at least twice a week which is normally miles away out in the sticks. Also they usually have huge pickups which are not very fuel efficient. Most time spent driving in the UK (especially London) is stationary in traffic. Also bear in mind Americans have costs like health care that we don't, operations we get here for free (and take for granted) can cost 10's of thousands in the US so I guess all the costs balance themselves out in the end.

I read a very recent study in Consumer Reports that said the average American drives ~50 miles a day, so ~350 miles a week. Which would not be that much. Everyone here drives a fucking gay ass Prius anyway, not a truck. I see more & more of those idiotic cars being driven by more & more fuckers every goddamn day.

I read a very recent study in Consumer Reports that said the average American drives ~50 miles a day, so ~350 miles a week. Which would not be that much. Everyone here drives a fucking gay ass Prius anyway, not a truck. I see more & more of those idiotic cars being driven by more & more fuckers every goddamn day.

Is there a place in the world with more vehicles per capita than the US..Never mind that, while there allot of hybrids and coffins rolling around in the US...you can't forget the fact that in the US every other soccer mom owns a fucking tank...add to that the massive trucking industry and there you have a major reason why the US consumes about 20 million bbls of oil per day.

(Which is about 6 or 7 million bbls more than the entire EU.)