• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gas prices expected to fall in coming weeks

Gas prices expected to naturally go down at the end of summer=more money for consumers to spend (on other shit)=more demand for goods and services=pressure to meat demand by hiring=more money in the hands of consumers...repeat cycle...

Now just think where we'd be heading if tea baggers hadn't tried their level best to derail the economy for the sake of politics?

Real lives are being affected while baggers and GOPers play political games...but then again, when have GOPers ever cared about real lives of the individual??:hairpull::hairpull:

NEW YORK (AP) — This week's scary stock market plunge has a silver lining: Gasoline is about to get cheaper.

That's because the same fears that forced a sell-off on Wall Street also brought down the price of oil.

Gas prices usually fall in late summer as families take fewer road trips. But the recent drop in oil should lower them more. Forecasters say the national average of $3.70 per gallon could fall as much as 35 cents per gallon over the next month.

American motorists consume roughly 378 million gallons of gasoline per day, so a 35-cent-per-gallon fall would reduce daily gas spending by about $132.3 million.

....A decline in the U.S. unemployment rate to 9.1 percent was one bright spot on Friday. Brent crude, which is used to price many international varieties, also climbed $2.12 to settle at $109.37 per barrel on the ICE Futures Exchange in London. That wasn't because of an expectation for increased oil demand, however. An oil pipeline exploded in Iran, potentially impacting oil supplies for the world's third-largest oil exporter. The cause of the blast is still under investigation.

In other Nymex trading for September contracts, heating oil added 4.78 cents to $2.9417 per gallon and gasoline futures rose 6.8 cents to settle at $2.8052 per gallon. Natural gas was unchanged, settling at $3.941 per 1,000 cubic feet.

http://news.yahoo.com/gas-prices-expected-fall-coming-weeks-202803545.html

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
It's because nobody's working. Don't need no gas to sit at home and wait for the phone to ring.

It's because nobody's working. Don't need no gas to sit at home and wait for the phone to ring.

:eek::eek::eek:

'the fuck?

Why is oil 90 sumthin dollars a bbl then...?:1orglaugh

Hint: Even if u/e had something to do with it...clearly the rate at which we're gobbling oil supporting our efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq (still) and Libya...that theoretically would more than account for the u/employed couch potatoes out there......:D

But I know you were just dinging me...

You Americans should consider yourself lucky. Petrol/Gas in the uk is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY more expensive than in America.

Do UK'ers drive WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY less than US Americans though...meaning your personal budget for it is lower?

Plus...where does your gas come from mostly...the UK or somewhere else. If you have to get most of your refined product from somewhere else...that costs...:2 pence:

No i imagine it is about the same. I can't speak for americans though.

I think if you can't speak for us BMH...how can you imagine it's the same...?

I don't know, but I theorize on average Americans drive more than British for one thing and I don't know how much refined product the UK produces for itself.. One would affect your attitudes toward gas prices and the other would affect pricing.

I would think the average British person reacting to the prices would just not drive as much...

Again, I don't know this ..it's just something I reasonably surmise..

I think if you can't speak for us BMH...how can you imagine it's the same...?

I don't know, but I theorize on average Americans drive more than British for one thing and I don't know how much refined product the UK produces for itself.. One would affect your attitudes toward gas prices and the other would affect pricing.

I would think the average British person reacting to the prices would just not drive as much...

Again, I don't know this ..it's just something I reasonably surmise..

I only said that in the uk it is more expensive as that is what everyone says

One tank could reach anything up to £100 here, possibly more for a tank of fuel, which is like $162. That is generally every week. It ranges from like £50/$81.

I only said that in the uk it is more expensive as that is what everyone says

One tank could reach anything up to £100 here, possibly more for a tank of fuel, which is like $162

Ouch! That would hurt if you had to fill up twice a week...is that the case?

IOW, what pct. of the average Brits pay check ...err salary check would that represent?

I think the British cost per gallon is something like £6/$9 per gallon, so if you think that the average yearly salary here is about £20,000/$32,515. It is quite a lot. I don't know if we do more miles, i just know the petrol/gas is pretty expensive.

I see...

The point I was getting at is with the driving habits/needs of the average American...those prices would make driving cost prohibitive in allot of cases.

So I just deduce that either the Brits don't drive as much as the average American or, the average Brit earns a salary high enough to be able to absorb the expense.

Since wages are relatively even between Brits and most parts of the US...it leaves to me that Brits don't drive as much as we do. Otherwise all you guys could pay for is gas and food (maybe:o).

In the US this is how we rollll :1orglaugh...We tow our SUVs with our RVs..:o
4696240_2.jpg

Again, I don't know what amount of your gasoline is refined there...that would have some bearing on pricing too.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
:eek::eek::eek:

'the fuck?

Why is oil 90 sumthin dollars a bbl then...?:1orglaugh

Hint: Even if u/e had something to do with it...clearly the rate at which we're gobbling oil supporting our efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq (still) and Libya...that theoretically would more than account for the u/employed couch potatoes out there......:D

But I know you were just dinging me...

Ding-a-ring-a-ring! :1orglaugh

Do UK'ers drive WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY less than US Americans though...meaning your personal budget for it is lower?

Plus...where does your gas come from mostly...the UK or somewhere else. If you have to get most of your refined product from somewhere else...that costs...:2 pence:

They can't drive anywhere near as much as we do. Their whole fucking country is like the size of Long Island. :stir:

Sorry mates....I just feel like a smart ass against the Brits tonight. I have a long way to go to catch up with MrT to balance the scales. :drama:

You Americans should consider yourself lucky. Petrol/Gas in the uk is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY more expensive than in America.

Look on the bright side. Your roads probably stay in decent shape more than ours and are actually worth driving on.

The differences is in the taxes you pay on the fuel and other things like that, and considering how much a lot of people's lives over here suck, it's probably a worthwhile trade for you.

They can't drive anywhere near as much as we do. Their whole fucking country is like the size of Long Island. :stir:

Sorry mates....I just feel like a smart ass against the Brits tonight. I have a long way to go to catch up with MrT to balance the scales. :drama:

I have no idea what the average American weekly mileage is but in the uk it is still fairly high

Like 500 a week is still a long way.

You'll never get there. You post factual information for the sake of argument. And you're smart. Sorry, buddy. You'll never mach him.

I think what has been said is interesting - Driving is so much a part of North American culture, and at the moment it has to be. In the town where I currently live there are no bike lanes, no public transit to where I live OR work (which is in town limits), and in the busiest shopping district there are absolutely no sidewalks. You cannot get even simple groceries without getting into a car.

Want to make the US a lot less oil dependent? Make excellent public transit, include bike lanes everywhere, and decentralize shopping. Go back to the corner butcher and baker. That's going to make people leave their cars in the driveway/garage a lot more.

As some dimwit said, we are addicted to gas. It's time that serious changes were made to seriously diminish this addiction.