• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

danielleftv

Official Checked Star Member
Re: Catharsis?

Caution: I am not a mental health professional.

Your emotional take-away seems to be catharsis.

Perhaps you like BDSM because it helps you deal with traumatic situations in the past during which you were treated cruelly and could not escape. By "re-living" such abuse, albeit in a "theatrical" situation in which you really ARE in control, you are able to "rewrite" the script of those (subconscious) memories - particularly their emotional import - and regain the sense of control and security you lost during the abuse.

Catharsis: In psychology, the term was first employed by Sigmund Freud's colleague Josef Breuer (1842–1925), who developed a "cathartic" treatment using hypnosis for persons suffering from hysterical symptoms. While under hypnosis, Breuer's patients were able to recall traumatic experiences, and through the process of expressing the original emotions that had been repressed and forgotten, they were relieved of their symptoms.

I absolutely believe that is what happens. While I've never experienced abuse from my family (well that is if you don't count how cruel my sister was towards me when we were younger) but I did experience it a lot with my peers and a couple of times with ex boyfriends.

danielleftv

Re: Heads up for Private Messages!

Hey Danny,

Do you ever check your incoming PMs, or Private Messages (go to http://board.freeones.com/private.php?folderid=0) here at FreeOnes?

I've just sent you a third PM and noticed you never read the previous two (the first of very considerable age, and now moot). If you simply don't read these as a matter of policy, there is no point for me - or anyone else who may be doing so - to write any such things. Perhaps you are not aware that this communication channel exists?

There are things which you or your correspondent may want or need to keep out of sight of the forum, making Private Messages of value to one or both parties.

RSVP here in the forum, so all of us will know what you want to do. Thanks!

No I don't. I really only reply to people on the forum here, on Twitter or on the forum on my website. You are more than welcome to email me at danielledelaunayxxx @ gmail.com if you have a question that is of a personal nature (something you don't want to write about in a public forum).

danielleftv

She's going to end up getting scared away from this board like some other certain adult stars and models.

Probably not...as long as people are respectful then I will continue posting on here. Granted I don't post as much as I did in previous years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes! I will have to report that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Re: Catharsis?

Caution: I am not a mental health professional...

Clearly.

What a terrible recitation of the meaning of catharsis. You might start by reading the Wikipedia article you referenced, and then realize that catharsis isn't exclusively - or even primarily - a psychological concept.

While the experience Danielle describes could certainly be described as an emotional release, this is neither synonymous with, nor tantamount to, a catharsis.

BDSM is completely mental, some women are strong enough to want to be fucked, fucked hard used and abused with raw animal passion, devoured!!!!!!!! IMO, you would have to have your shit together emotionally to give yourself up to someone, someone you trust totally completely. but that is just me! :thumbsup: Carry On!

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
danielle! i just came across a video of you being naughty in the middle of the phx forum. that was super hot.

do you go to it every year? i think i saw allison angel there last year.. someone like that.. i forget.