• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Church Plans Quran-Burning Event

In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.

Jones wrote a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," and the church sells coffee mugs and shirts featuring the phrase.

Muslims and many other Christians -- including some evangelicals -- are fighting the initiative.

The church launched a YouTube channel to disseminate its messages.

"I mean ask yourself, have you ever really seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together in the mosque on the floor? Does it look like a real religion of joy?" Jones asks in one of his YouTube posts.

"No, to me it looks like a religion of the devil."

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-29/...ligion-cair-spokesman-ibrahim-hooper?_s=PM:US

This is awesome. I wanna go but It's not in my area. :D

Kudos to these folks though. :D

Isn't this how Islamic extremists feel about Christians? And the cycle continues, sunrise sunset.

Yeah, but they don't burn the bible (I don't think). This is so cool; there are not nearly enough Muslims in America to have an effect on the matter, but wouldn't that be sweet. They just have to take and shut their pieholes as we degrade their medievil ass vile religion. :D

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I hate how Christians do something like this and claim they are better than everyone else. How pathetic.

Surely this has absolutely no point other than to piss people off - there's no protest here, unless of course as we've seen so much of lately which wouldn't be surprising; those involved are conflating all of Islam and 9/11 and holding those who continue to follow the faith guilty by association. I could see and accept the reasons behind "Draw Mohammed day" even if I didn't take part myself; given the recent outbursts by a group of radicals online who made threats against Trey Parker and Matt Stone and ultimately got the episode censored by an overly cautions and cowardly TV studio (even if I did feel it lost most of its message in the end and just turned into a venue where bigots could air their bigotry without fear of criticism or anyone calling them out). But this, who is this a protest against; Islam itself, why? What good can really come of this in the end?

No, unlike Draw Mohammed Day you aren't attempting to piss off the extremists you're pissing off all Muslims by doing this and it seems completely antithetical to what we in the west and the Church should all be about in the current moment in time. Why don't the people involved in this "event" actually read those books? I'm sure what knowledge they acquire from those pages - what little it may be - will be far more enlightening to them in any way than to act like a bunch of ignorant fools they currently look like.

Books in my opinion should never be burned. Not the Qu'ran, not the Bible, not even Mein Kampf. No matter how worthless you believe the content of a book to be, you're burning knowledge and given the historical context and the symbolism that goes along with this act you would think that neither a Church or anyone else would really want to be associated with it. But then again it wouldn't surprise me if those involved have absolutely no idea what the historical context of book burning actually is.

no doubt had this been another beat white night 2: mexican editon, this guy and that BDG terd would be beating the drums of race war.

hypocrisy is a bitch

no doubt had this been another beat white night 2: mexican editon, this guy and that BDG terd would be beating the drums of race war.

hypocrisy is a bitch

Learn proper grammar if you're going to post in my thread, boy. :D

EDIT:
This is everyone's thread, not only of the thread-starters. When someone put his opinion on the board it becomes public.
This is an English writing board, right, but properly written English is not a must. Read rules. Specifically -

7.) The official board language is English. While we fully realize that we have many members who's first language is not English, we appreciate their attempt and do not expect their English or grammar to be perfect. However, deliberate miss-spellings such as "Iz" (is), "u" (you), "R" (are), "2" (to/too) are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the problem when a religion doesn't have ONE leader : everybody can do whatever he wants, in cluding the most stupid things.

Islam doesn't have a leader so any mollah can call to Jihad, there will always be some people to follow him and no one to officially kik him ou of Islam.
Christianism in the US is no linked to the Pope or to any leader so any pastor can organise Quran burning.

This is wha's good in catholiscism : when some priest cross the line, the Pope says "Non, this is wrong". Final.
And if the guy goes on whin his bullshit, he's kiked out with no more right to celebrate.

In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil..."

Meanwhile these so called Christians send their children to schools nicknamed after devils and demons.:dunno:

If these people want to protest against Islam then why don't they go to the middle east where Islam originated and burn the book there? Surely 'their' God will protect them from any harm :dunno:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
While it is true that, it makes the Christians no better then the other extremists. If it were the Muslims, or some other religion doing something to the bible, people would be screaming about their 1st Amendment right to do it.

I hate how Christians do something like this and claim they are better than everyone else. How pathetic.

It's a paradox Plasma. And then we should shout to the top of our voice.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." - Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus really said that? If he did, did these pastors read that part? Or are they as uneducated as any religious zealots? Ah.. they are the religious zealots, right?

Books in my opinion should never be burned. Not the Qu'ran, not the Bible, not even Mein Kampf. No matter how worthless you believe the content of a book to be, you're burning knowledge and given the historical context and the symbolism that goes along with this act you would think that neither a Church or anyone else would really want to be associated with it. But then again it wouldn't surprise me if those involved have absolutely no idea what the historical context of book burning actually is.

You are talking about books? What a sorry state of thinking is that? How many Galileo Galilei's books were burned?

And did we spare humans? No; we did not discriminate about books and humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burning

It's time to get out of this thread.
Thanks.

Last edited:
It's a paradox Plasma. And then we should shout to the top of our voice.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." - Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus really said that? If he did, did these pastors read that part? Or are they as uneducated as any religious zealots? Ah.. they are the religious zealots, right?

You are talking about books? What a sorry state of thinking is that? How many Galileo Galilei's books were burned?

And did we spare humans? No; we did not discriminate about books and humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burning

It's time to get out of this thread.
Thanks.

I'm just kiddin' with Zolf. He knows I don't mean no harm. :D