• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Champions League 2005/2006 thread

Champions League 2005/2006

• AC Milan

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Juventues

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Inter Milan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bayern Munich

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Liverpool

• Chelsea

• Arsenal

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I just cant see past Barcelona (not because I'm in dire need of a visit to the opticians, but because I can't see anyone else winning it).

I would not surprise me if Villareal pulled off a shocker and beat Arsenal, Riquelme is immense, I just hope England dont have to deal with him again this summer, the Geneva incident wasnt much fun until the last 5 minutes!

_41576716_highbury_empics.jpg

fearful of a boring 0-0 draw, UEFA have decided to make scoring a little easier by adding more goals.

accessspecialex said:
I just cant see past Barcelona (not because I'm in dire need of a visit to the opticians, but because I can't see anyone else winning it).

I would not surprise me if Villareal pulled off a shocker and beat Arsenal, Riquelme is immense, I just hope England dont have to deal with him again this summer, the Geneva incident wasnt much fun until the last 5 minutes!

Well Riquelme done bugger all tonight, in fact he hasn't scored a goal in open play all season. He's not even half the player that Stevie Gerrard is.

Arsenal looked nervous and were well below average, but 1-0 in a home leg against anyone is a good result. One goal over there for the Arsenal and it's game over.

yes, I just think they realy deserved a second one, but were not going for it 100%.
they didn't concede and thats whats important in the first leg at home!
Hopefully we can score one in spain and then on to the final!!

ps: anyone know how I can get tickets for that one?

madeguy said:
Well Riquelme done bugger all tonight, in fact he hasn't scored a goal in open play all season. He's not even half the player that Stevie Gerrard is.

Arsenal looked nervous and were well below average, but 1-0 in a home leg against anyone is a good result. One goal over there for the Arsenal and it's game over.

DO NOT underestimate 'The Yellow Submarine' at El Madrigal. I think Arsenal would need to score 2 to be sure, or score 1 and perform an absolute lock-out.

accessspecialex said:
DO NOT underestimate 'The Yellow Submarine' at El Madrigal. I think Arsenal would need to score 2 to be sure, or score 1 and perform an absolute lock-out.

Obviously Villarreal are a capable side, having made it this far. However the facts are that they scored a total of 3 goals in the group stages and struggled to get past one of the worst Rangers sides in recent memory, couple the fact that Arsenal have not conceded a goal in Europe for 829 minutes and I think that the Spnish side have got it all to do. Villarreal will have to come onto Arsenal now and that will be tailor made for Henry and Arsenal's lightning quick counter attacks.

brianelka said:
yes, I just think they realy deserved a second one, but were not going for it 100%.
they didn't concede and thats whats important in the first leg at home!
Hopefully we can score one in spain and then on to the final!!

ps: anyone know how I can get tickets for that one?

There was a public ballot on UEFA.com last month which has been completed and was well oversubscribed. If Arsenal get through you'll need an Arsenal Silver or Gold membership to stand any chance of getting a ticket, otherwise there's always the black market

madeguy said:
However the facts are that they scored a total of 3 goals in the group stages

Very good point. As a Man Utd fan, I can honestly say our group was the worst group in the entire history of the Champions League (and we still failed to progress!), here it is:

Group D
Clubs Pld W D L GF GA Pts
Villarreal 6 2 4 0 3 1 10
Benfica 6 2 2 2 5 5 8
Lille 6 1 3 2 1 2 6
Man. United 6 1 3 2 3 4 6

Villarreal 0 - 0 Man. United
Benfica 1 - 0 Lille
Lille 0 - 0 Villarreal
Man. United 2 - 1 Benfica
Man. United 0 - 0 Lille
Villarreal 1 - 1 Benfica
Lille 1 - 0 Man. United
Benfica 0 - 1 Villarreal
Man. United 0 - 0 Villarreal
Lille 0 - 0 Benfica
Villarreal 1 - 0 Lille
Benfica 2 - 1 Man. United

now that's Lyon is eliminated I hope Arsenal will beat the Barca in the final match :D
but finally I don't care much about who will win this match, I just hope it will be a beautiful & open match and I know it will be one if Barca & Arsenal makes the move to the 'Stade de France' ;)

i'll be rooting for Barcelona, but that's just because i'm a very bitter football fan. if United don't get success in Europe, no other English team should... thats the wrong way to look at it i know but i can't help it.

anyway, I've been saying since the start of the season that Barcelona will win the CL so it'll be nice to say that i was right.

If the gunners win it will be absolute euphoria in my house. Like it was when Jens got us to the final! I was sooo happy. I havent been as happy since Arsenal won the FA cup final almost a year ago. You love it stek. lol

Having no particular axe to grind...I'd like to see Arsenal do it, but it will be tough.

Paroxysmia

Banned
OK, I think only European people post here... ;-)

Hey, you forget Lyon! OK, they won in quarter final but they were in the last square!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Logic says Barca....
Screw logic!! One-Nil to the Arsenal...........:nanner:

I have no problem with Arsenal winning, however I think Spurs deserve to be in there next season based on there performances this season.

If this mean Arsenal have to lose to Barca, then I'd want Barca to win.

om3ga, i'm in your camp. It'd be nice to see Arsenal win. But as everyone else says, logic says Barca. Maybe a cheeky penalty or set piece could win it for arsenal, though.

Although like I keep saying, I'd love to see a Arsenal win tonight and hand over our crown of European Champions to Arsenal, I just can't see it. I think it will be a very open game with two very attack minded teams. So I think even though Arsenal have only had 2 goals scored against them all the way through and Barca 4 goals, there are going to be goals tonight. So I'm going for a 3-2 win to Barca and it been another classic like last years final!