• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Ask a British person...

If I could develop a British accent, would I have a chance with Katy Kay?

Edit: not that one! Damn auto insert! K_a_t_y K_a_y of the BBC!

What ever happened to the Connaught Barracks in Dover? I spent some time there training with the Para's and have a lot of good memories stumbling around Dover. Well that and running like mad through the time while they tried to make us die running along the cliffs.

Apparently the barracks have been closed and sold to a development company who will use the site for a new housing estate, after previous plans to build a prison were scuppered by locals. :wave2:

Rey C, no chance in heck. Try Natasha Kaplinsky instead. :thumbsup: :wave2:

Thanks for the answer! I really had a great time training with the Regiment. I had hoped to return later to visit but I guess I will have to go further north now!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Rey C, no chance in heck. Try Natasha Kaplinsky instead. :thumbsup: :wave2:

No Katy, huh? Damn! But if she'd had enough wine, I bet I'd sound really British! :1orglaugh

I had to look up this Natasha Kaplinsky. Hmm, not really my cup of tea. :dunno: Talk to Katy again for me. See if you can put in a good word and help me out. :D

^^^ All three are a bit milfy for my taste, but I am quite partial to Fiona Bruce. ;)

Anyone else noticed the amount of American stuff on British T.V lately? For example, on a recent episode of WWTB A Millionaire four of the first five questions were about America. Same with many other quiz shows, and even comments and language on other programmes are becoming Americanised.

I often wonder if many of these so called British shows are written by Americans, Jonathan Creek being a good example. It seems every episode contains a U.S reference, whether it be a key character or the country being somehow integral to the plot. Many other shows seem to be going the same way. :wave2:

***I've got nothing against America, big fan of the sports and many comedies, I just think British stuff should actually be British.***

^^^ All three are a bit milfy for my taste, but I am quite partial to Fiona Bruce. ;)

Anyone else noticed the amount of American stuff on British T.V lately? For example, on a recent episode of WWTB A Millionaire four of the first five questions were about America. Same with many other quiz shows, and even comments and language on other programmes are becoming Americanised.

I often wonder if many of these so called British shows are written by Americans, Jonathan Creek being a good example. It seems every episode contains a U.S reference, whether it be a key character or the country being somehow integral to the plot. Many other shows seem to be going the same way. :wave2:

***I've got nothing against America, big fan of the sports and many comedies, I just think British stuff should actually be British.***
Jonathan Creek is written by Brit David Renwick, the guy wot wrote One Foot In The Grave.

^^^ But that's my point: it still contains an inordinate amount of American culture and references, when there is no apparent reason for it.

Same thing is happening in the high street, American shops popping up everywhere. It used to be Burger King and KFC, now we've got Staples, Subway, Domino's, UPS, FedEx, a whole host of companies coming in over the last few years, What gives? :dunno: :wave2:

^^^ But that's my point: it still contains an inordinate amount of American culture and references, when there is no apparent reason for it.

Same thing is happening in the high street, American shops popping up everywhere. It used to be Burger King and KFC, now we've got Staples, Subway, Domino's, UPS, FedEx, a whole host of companies coming in over the last few years, What gives? :dunno: :wave2:

It's called globalization. :hatsoff:

The reason for so many references in our shows in regard to American culture is the fact that so many of their products, TV shows, films, music and other crap is exported over here. Of course that's going to have an impact on our culture.

It's called globalization. :hatsoff:

The reason for so many references in our shows in regard to American culture is the fact that so many of their products, TV shows, films, music and other crap is exported over here. Of course that's going to have an impact on our culture.

Also many UK shows are made with a view to being sold in the US.