• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2007 MLB Thread

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The Cardinals in a repeat. Remember, you heard it here first.

:thumbsup:

The problem with the Cubbies is that they never seem to address their problems, I thought they needed to make a serious effort this off season to improve their pitching and what do they do, they over spend and lock into a long term deal an outfielder (granted hes awesome) but it wasnt what they really needed to do to improve their situation.

I agree 100%. The Cubs will be a lot better this year but a rotation that includes Prior and Wood (not of matter of will they get injured....it's when) and an unhappy Carlos Zambrano is going to be shaky at best. They'll need to score a bunch of runs just about every game to win. Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
intra squad games should be under way. next month, spring training games are starting. does anybody else but me like to watch spring training games? i like them. i get to see all the prospects and up and comers. i should have been a coach. :D

Yeah I tend to be into spring training big time when it starts, I guess cause baseball is back and its a sign that its gonna get warmer, I also like to keep tabs on the minor league talent. But by the end of the month, Im just like, alrigh enough already, lets get the season started!

yep. and sensitive towards the angels always beating the yanks. oh what fun for me when the yankees and the angels get together. no matter who wins, i get to tease. :1orglaugh

lol! That's a great position to be in :thumbsup:

Let me try to make amends with your wife: Remember back in 2004 when the Yankees were up three zip and blew four straight to the Sox to lose the ALCS?

Well, I have to admit that I almost kinda sort of nearly actually felt sorry for the Yankees...

...before regaining my senses and toasting their demise ;)

==========(running away fast before Mrs Iam reads this)==========>>>

;)

The amazing Mets will have to do it this year. Beltran better swing his bat this time!

lol! That's a great position to be in :thumbsup:

Let me try to make amends with your wife: Remember back in 2004 when the Yankees were up three zip and blew four straight to the Sox to lose the ALCS?

Well, I have to admit that I almost kinda sort of nearly actually felt sorry for the Yankees...

...before regaining my senses and toasting their demise ;)

==========(running away fast before Mrs Iam reads this)==========>>>
never feel sorry for a franchise with 26 championships. 2004 isnt talked about much at my place. we both figured that the sun shines for everyone. some more than others, but everybody has their days. now when is it my indians time?:D

running away fast before Mrs Iam reads this

no worries. she doesnt have super powers yet.:glugglug:

As long as the Yankees don't win it I'm find with anyone else winning it. Yeah, I know they won 20-something World Series so it's time for another franchise to win it (preferably the Mets).

The only thing that baseball needs right now is a salary cap big time. Just imagine what would happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't count! No one other than the Yankees and maybe the Mets can put up that much money for that luxury tax to even work. Now copy the salary cap that the NFL has and now we're talking something that can make the MLB an even playing field (so to speak).

where do you think the luxury tax goes? it goes to be evenly distributed throughout the league. good enough for me. the "even" field is a myth. dont believe me? look at minnesota, oakland, detroit, florida, and even cleveland. these teams are "small" market and they are competitive. salary cap is overrated.

where do you think the luxury tax goes? it goes to be evenly distributed throughout the league. good enough for me. the "even" field is a myth. dont believe me? look at minnesota, oakland, detroit, florida, and even cleveland. these teams are "small" market and they are competitive. salary cap is overrated.

None of those teams, except for maybe Oakland, is good year in and year out. A lot of them seem to either play in a bad division or are good for a year or two at the most when they hit on some lucky breaks. They also have fewer margins for error, which might be the biggest advantage the wealthier teams have. If the Yankees make a mistake and pick up somebody that regresses a tremendous amount after they give him a huge contract, they can just jettison them and get somebody else. If a team with less money does that, that person can become a sink on the entire franchise for years. Teams with more money still have a tremendous advantage even if that advantage is overrated. A lot of the smaller market teams have to be smarter (or luckier) just to pull even with the bigger market ones, unless the people that run some of the bigger market teams are stupid (which some of them are). Plus sooner or later, even if baseball is slow to change, all the stupider teams that have money will change and get smarter to become more competitive. Then the disadvantage will grow even more because that will be one less thing they can do to cut down on the advantage bigger market teams have. They will just have to rely on luck then. In any case it would make it so nobody has any excuses anymore. It isn't like there is a few million difference. The Yankees can hand out multiples of some teams entire total salary. It sort of like running a hundred meter dash and putting some people tens of meters out front at the start then saying it's fair because some of the teams in the back can still get up and come close to winning it now and then. Could you imagine what Billy Beane and Oakland could have done if every team had almost the same amount of money to work with the last 10 years?

I don't know about you guys but to be honest I don't believe in that curse about the Cubs. Wether it be the bartman, the goat, or whatever. You guys will win one (hopefuly in your life time). The Redsox did it and then the Whitesox did it. Why can't you guys do it? I'm a Mets fan and I root for my own team, but you still can't help feel sorry about that team.

I don't know about you guys but to be honest I don't believe in that curse about the Cubs. Wether it be the bartman, the goat, or whatever. You guys will win one (hopefuly in your life time). The Redsox did it and then the Whitesox did it. Why can't you guys do it? I'm a Mets fan and I root for my own team, but you still can't help feel sorry about that team.

the cubs had their chance to end their drought. they choked. the same way they did in 1984. the other season they should have won it all. it is not the cubs turn again. its cleveland's time to end their drought. :jump:

Don't start with the Yankees, please. You guys might have 20-something World Series under your belts, but you haven't won one since 2000 and your not going to win won now. Other teams have done some really good trading this year, what have you guys done?