• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who’s better? Coldplay or Radiohead

Though muse has a heavier sound then radiohead. Muse sounds more like an epic movie soundtrack while radiohead sounds like......hmmmm.....how would you describe radioheads sound?

radiohead's sound is ever evolving. i would descibe it as the radiohead sound, although it's obvious they have been quite influenced by warp recording artists with their recent albums, they are unique to everything else. that's why they are so great.

the muse comparison was to say at least compare to something good.
we all have our own opinions, i know, but everything coldplay plays sounds exactly the same, and the people love them for it. makes no sense to me.

johnny.jpg

I don't recall anyone in Coldplay being awesome enough to play something like the Analogue Systems RS8000 analogue synth.

nice burn:thumbsup:

radiohead's sound is ever evolving. i would descibe it as the radiohead sound, although it's obvious they have been quite influenced by warp recording artists with their recent albums, they are unique to everything else. that's why they are so great.

the muse comparison was to say at least compare to something good.
we all have our own opinions, i know, but everything coldplay plays sounds exactly the same, and the people love them for it. makes no sense to me.

exactly. I mean, I have all of coldplay's albums and all of radiohead's albums plus thom yorke's solo album and I find that all three coldplay albums sound almost alike. where as there is a huge difference just from pablo honey to the bends to ok computer

bigbadbrody

Banned
I listen to both bands

Radiohead's best songs are:

Creep
Fake Plastic Trees
High And Dry
I Might Be Wrong
Karma Police

Coldplay's best songs are:

Fix You
The Scientist
Clock
Speed Of Sound

Radiohead by a mile... how could anyone put them in the same category? :p They are our generation's Pink Floyd, infinitely more creative than the likes of Coldplay, and even Chris Martin knows that. Although I'm not quite a fan of all the material they've produced since Kid A, I still consider one of those few bands who've mastered the art of evolving. Coldplay will never be capable of growing and adapting in the same way.

Coldplay would be better off compared with bands like Travis, Embrace and Oasis. That's not to say they haven't produced some enjoyable music -- that song at the beginning of Garden State is particularly beautiful (Don't Panic?).

A list of some of Radiohead's best songs which tend to go ignored by all but their most obsessed fans:

- Just (The Bends) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R5X7HKxpiQA
- The National Anthem (Kid A) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mtSjQvk3o
- I've Seen it All (Bjork feat. Thom Yorke) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lAq8LALEyMs
- You (Pablo Honey) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1CnCWAncnwE
- Everything in its Right Place (Kid A) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LOStrRCJs-4
- Climbing up the Walls (OK Computer) -- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0MBJEKf08

And a lot of others, but I'm too lazy to look for any more. ;)

Neither - Can't think of a single track I've liked off either of them. For me that is some statement. Just never seem to have a made a thing I even remotely like. To much of a plastic pop feel to their music IMO. The one thing I really hate in music.

But I keep a open mind, you never know one day one them might do.

Coldplay kind of has an emo U2 feel to them. They can have that arena rock power at times. But Chris Martin just seems a bit whiny at times. I once knew a guy that thought "Clocks" was a U2 song

Clocks is dope. Me and my boy used to just drive around and get stoned listening to that track.

I gotta admit, OK Computer is justified as being one of the greatest albums. I forget what place it was listed as in Rolling Stone Greatest 500 of all time, but it was on there; so was Kid A.

Kid A and Amnesiac (and Yorke's solo) really can be hard to listen to. If you listen long enough, you get it. I found that everything since OK Computer took me about 2 years each for me to really get it, but when I got it I loved it. Even Hail to the Thief has some great stuff on there, but I remember throwing that CD with all the rest of my CD's I hate, grabbed it one day to listen to it about 3 years after it came out and now I really like it.

Neither - Can't think of a single track I've liked off either of them. For me that is some statement. Just never seem to have a made a thing I even remotely like. To much of a plastic pop feel to their music IMO. The one thing I really hate in music.

But I keep a open mind, you never know one day one them might do.

I get that you don't dig them, man, but I really don't understand the plastic pop call at all, specially in regards to Radiohead. They have never done anything that even remotely resembles plastic pop.

S

sputnikgirl

I was fortunate enough to see Radiohead when they toured in the US for Hail to the Thief. That show was definitely in my top 3 concerts I've seen..amazing visuals throughout. The only thing I thought was strange was the $90 t-shirts and $60 posters they were selling. I've been to a ton of concerts, and I've never seen merch that expensive anywhere else. I know the band probably doesn't know what the merch people are doing, but given Thom Yorke's political stance and the messages of the music....someone should definitely fire off a letter to them, because I bet they'd be disgusted if they knew.

sonic youth.

but that's just me.

Can't vote for either one, I have heard songs from both and was not terribly impressed by either. I like "Creep" By Radiohead, and "Yellow" by Coldplay is ok. But I haven't heard anything aside from those two songs that really caught my ear. But going by the two songs i like by the two bands, I guess i'd say Radiohead

bigbadbrody

Banned
Coldplay kind of has an emo U2 feel to them.
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! Do you even know what emo means? Coldplay and U2 are not even close to being emo

I would suggest you take a look at this link and learn what emo is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(music)

Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance are emo, there music is totally different than Coldplay and U2

bigbadbrody

Banned
Isn't it ironic that "Coldplay" rhymes with "gay"?

:1orglaugh

I once saw a bumper sticker on the back of a pick-up truck that read "You can't have crap without RAP" we drove past the car, and there was an old lady driving the truck, so funny, we almost drove off the highway

bigbadbrody

Banned

bigbadbrody

Banned
It's just doesn't rock at all. I was just joking about it being for women, but it certainly isn't very manly either.

Neither Coldplay or Radiohead, should be classified as rock, they are pop bands.

I am a man and I am not afraid to admit that I like both bands

Dont like either that much.

i like 1 coldplay song and 0 radiohead songs.... so coldplay