• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who is the Greatest Entertainer of all-time?

Agreed. M Jackson was certainly one of them! A talent! (RIP :angels: and in a better place.

He had well above average talent but as I wrote in a previous post he was helped by all sorts of devices , publicity managers and modern communications.Strip these away and how did he stack up for example over the great music hall entertainers or say Houdini ?

Yes. Jackson in his prime was very much in charge of his own promotion, he didn't sit back and go along for the ride. Though, if you're comparing entertainers through the ages based on their self-promotion, no one will ever top Gorgeous George.

EDIT: God damn auto-link. The George I meant was the old professional wrestler.

girk1

Closed Account
In my opinion, Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer all-time, but I could care less if people disagree. If I did, I would be bashing anyone who didn't say Michael Jackson.

Agreed. Jackson is the best all around entertainer ever, period. No matter how subjective people think it is gyrating 'singers' like Elvis just don't measure up.

FRED ASTAIRE on Michael Jackson-"Oh God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That's(Michael Jackson) the greatest dancer of the century"'

FRANK SINATRA on MJ-" The only male singer who I've seen besides myself & who's better than me- That is Michael Jackson"

Besides being a supremely gifted dancer/electric performer Jackson composed ,produced & arranged 9 number 1 hits & 20 something odd top ten hits. Elvis was like many pop singers who only show up & sing & I will go out on a limb a say he never wrote a single(1) top ten nor especially a number one hit(Not that I'm aware of).

Maybe Sammy Davis Jr comes close to Michael Jackson ,but even Sammy would probably defer to MJ.

He had well above average talent but as I wrote in a previous post he was helped by all sorts of devices , publicity managers and modern communications.Strip these away and how did he stack up for example over the great music hall entertainers or say Houdini ?

I've never 'seen' Houdini. Has anyone??? ;)

This has to be Freddie Mercury. Maybe its just me but I dont get all this fake love for Michael now. Who was loving him a week before he died? He was considered a hasbeen and a freak then he dies and hes the greatest of all time?...I dont get it. Most people watched Michael to see the freakshow...they watched Freddie because Queen was awesome! Plus, Freddie wrote fat-bottom-girls. Now get on your bikes and ride!

Not my tea cup but it's probably the American Elvis or the U.K. Beatles.

People in rural China even know Elvis and can sing about his hound dog.

Elvis and the Beatles both haves sold over one billion album, and I can only imagine people are going to freak when the last beatle dies.

girk1

Closed Account
:1orglaugh
6) MJ (Micheal Jackson)... Dont like him, but he had lots of good teachers, and people behind him, He didnt right most of his songs, he had amazing dance teachers, the greatest producers, and song wrighters working for him, so a lot of that wasnt him IMO. However, no-one, and I mean NO-ONE has ever reached and touched as many people with his aura as he did. Just to bad it wasnt all his. His light was put out to soon, his best had not happened yet.

5) Frank Sinatra... He moved crowds not with just his voice, but his aura.

4) Billy Extine... The prettiest male voice ever recorded, and smooth as silk.

3) Elvis... Never liked him, but he was a true entertainer. However he only entertained for the most part a spicific group of people. If he would have lived he would have been even greater!

2) Prince... If you have never been to see one of his live shows then you may not comment on this... Simply amazing, he playes lots of different instruments (drums, guitar, bass, piano, etc..., better than most one-dementional artists) he rights all his own music, he plays most of all his instruments in his music, he produces all his own stuff. He is top notch. Because he does pretty much everything himself, in the entertainment field, he is almost #1. No one mentioned does more himself for entertainment than Prince.

1) James Brown... No one can dance, sing, and show like him Not, MJ, not Hammer, not Prince... None of them, MJ even said it himself... James brown is the best!

This is pure ignorance ,but ignorance can always be corrected. 1) Michael Jackson composed,produced & arranged most of his own tunes especially his most successful ones dude( Jackson wrote/arranged/produced 9 of his 12 'adult' number one hits & composed at least 20 something top ten hits & countless top 40's. Jackson wrote most of his own successful music & one would know this if they check his discography) Elvis never wrote any songs & only showed up in studio as a singer ,but you penalize Mike(ignorantly) for not writing his own songs & put Presley ahead of him?:1orglaugh

2)MJ started performing when he was 5 & NEVER ever had any formal dance lessons & his only lessons were just like other poor black kids who learned from copying James Brown(who Jackson adored), Jackie Wilson ,Hank Ballard,etc....
He had 'choreographers later on ,but no lessons. He wanted to try Tap lessons as a adult ,but Tap(as Savion Glover/Gregory Hines,etc... would tell you) is something that should be learned as a child to maximize potential.

I will take FRED ASTAIRE's word that MJ was the greatest dancer of the century & Sinatra who was blown away by Jackson vocally over guys on the net. This plus Michael Jackson's prowess as a composer, producer,arranger pretty much solidifies him as GOAT entertainer.

There is no other artist/human as well accomplished as MJ in so many disciplines. I would like to see this person id=f he exists.

1- Tom Jones
2- Freddie Mercury
3- Elvis
4- Alice Cooper
5- Wayne Newton
6- Garth Brooks
7- Charlie Chaplin
8- David Copperfield
500- My drunken uncle
600- The stoned kid who works the night shift at the 7-11.
900- the crazy homeless guy who has an argument with himself on the street corner.
8,752,906- Jacko the King of NAMBLA Elephant Man Bones loving dead freak who everyone was laughing at until the mass media told their loyal drones he was cool again.

:1orglaugh That's some good shit right there! :thumbsup:

You are all mentioning people whose popularity has been vastly assisted by modern marketing and publicity machines , who have been brought to the mass public by the wonders of film ,TV and electronic means , who have a range of effects simply unavailable to entertainers of the past.I'll stick my neck out ; I don't enjoy MJ's work, I find the Beatles lacking in substance, can see more talent in Elvis than in most of the others.That's just my tastes of course but I feel we should cast the net wider.

Agreed. Jackson is the best all around entertainer ever, period. No matter how subjective people think it is gyrating 'singers' like Elvis just don't measure up.

FRED ASTAIRE on Michael Jackson-"Oh God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That's(Michael Jackson) the greatest dancer of the century"'

FRANK SINATRA on MJ-" The only male singer who I've seen besides myself & who's better than me- That is Michael Jackson"

Besides being a supremely gifted dancer/electric performer Jackson composed ,produced & arranged 9 number 1 hits & 20 something odd top ten hits. Elvis was like many pop singers who only show up & sing & I will go out on a limb a say he never wrote a single(1) top ten nor especially a number one hit(Not that I'm aware of).

Maybe Sammy Davis Jr comes close to Michael Jackson ,but even Sammy would probably defer to MJ.

There is nothing more I can say than this guy didnt.:thumbsup:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I find the Beatles lacking in substance

What?????

The most important influence on the direction of music since Beethoven and you find them lacking in substance????

Sacrilege! Blasphemy! A pox on you and your family!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!!!!

:thefinger :dunno: :thefinger

The most important influence on the direction of music since Beethoven

Robert Johnson? Lead Belly? Miles Davis? Woody Guthrie?

Oh the Beatles. Don't get me wrong, I dig them and I know they're important, but come on. Without the blues and folk music of the first half of the 20th century, there'd be no rock and roll for the Beatles to play.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Easy one: Nero.

Name any performer who has ever "captivated" an audience the way that Nero did? Did any pregnant women ever choose to give birth in their seats rather than leave a Michael Jackson or Elvis concert? I bet not. But they did for Nero (or they were never seen again). :tongue: And in his time, Nero was without a doubt the most well known man in the civilized world.

And what modern performer has had an exit which has even come close to Nero's? "Oh, what an artist the world is losing!" Greatest city on earth in flames. Dagger in neck. Lights out. Civil war follows. Elvis? Michael Jackson? Frank Sinatra? Eh! :rolleyes: Nero Claudius Caesar ftw!!!

flylicker