• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who is the Greatest Entertainer of all-time?

I think Elvis "broke ground" in entertaining an audience. What he did (shaking his hips) basically gave simultaneous creamed pussies and boners to 1950s Beaver Cleaver America.

I am not an Elvis fan, he's before my time, and I think 1970s Elvis with the jumpsuit and the clown sunglasses, kinda ruins the Elvis Mystique for me. HOWEVER....I urge everyone to take the Graceland Tour in Memphis if you can. It really is an amazing experience and gives you a sense of how cool he was.

But, for me, Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer I've ever seen, and I'm very certain I'll never see another American artist as ground-breaking as he was. Maybe somebody from some other country will break new ground.

I think he was his own worst enemy. I think the media "fed the monster" and he basically ruined himself in front of all of our eyes.

Don Rickles is the only standup comic who I would pay to see. I would go to Vegas tomorrow to see him. I think I've missed my chance seeing him though. But a standup comic is just a 1-dimensional performer.

Michael Jackson was a singer and dancer and nobody could out perform him. Nobody.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
:sing: Now security they did not see him
They just hovered 'round his tomb
But there's a pretty little thing
Waiting for the King
Down in the Jungle Room :sing:

You bring up a good point. Graceland is a big part of "The King's" legacy. People still flock there thirty years after his death. They celebrate the anniversary of his passing like it happened that year. People were drawn to him like no one in history. No one entertained like Elvis, and that's what Graceland exemplifies. People still can't get their fill and feel the need to pay tribute to him. Ask yourself this: 30 years from now, will be people be visiting "Neverland Ranch"?

Ask yourself this: 30 years from now, will be people be visiting "Neverland Ranch"?

No, probably not. I'm sure Neverland will be broken down and put up on eBay in a year.

In 30 years from now, people in Clubs will still be trying to dance like Michael Jackson. And in 30 years, "Billie Jean" will still sound as fresh and fucktastic as it does today...

Yeah I have. Have you ever seen or been to an Elvis Presley performance and seen the reaction of the audience? Is audience reaction at any given performance the standard that establishes who the greatest "entertainer" of all time is? Again, it's all very subjective. I stand by my statement.

I have seen video and felt that Michael came dangerously close to captivating the audience like Elvis did. I don't think Elvis stands alone in that category.

I'm not saying that audience reaction is the way you judge greatness, I'm just pointing out a statement you said. Thats all. Everyone has their opinion which is the point of this thread.

I'm sorry you find this thread is "subjective", just wanted some good discussion. :D.

It's very hard to compare the climates that Elvis and MJ operated in. Elvis was drafted into the Army and went to serve honorably. Is there any musician today, no matter the genre, who would join the military with or without the draft?

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Alice Cooper

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Elvis without doubt. No one compares to him.

Goddamn it, more Jackson kool aid......look.....if you are going to ask a question like this one, you NEED to create a poll......by NOT creating a poll, you are just masking, thinly I might add, another "I love MJ thread".......and it's getting old.

I understand that alot of people can't stand country but as an entertainer it's hard to beat Hank Williams, Jr.. Jumping all over the stage, doing a solo on every instrument and he had one hell of a presence. Just look at all the rock and blues performers who list him as an influence. Garth Brooks or Toby Keith would not have been able to do what they did without Bocephus doing it first. :2 cents::thumbsup:

1- Tom Jones
2- Freddie Mercury
3- Elvis
4- Alice Cooper
5- Wayne Newton
6- Garth Brooks
7- Charlie Chaplin
8- David Copperfield
500- My drunken uncle
600- The stoned kid who works the night shift at the 7-11.
900- the crazy homeless guy who has an argument with himself on the street corner.
8,752,906- Jacko the King of NAMBLA Elephant Man Bones loving dead freak who everyone was laughing at until the mass media told their loyal drones he was cool again.