• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What grade would you give former President George W. Bush???

Grade former President G.W. Bush for his work from 2001-2009

• A

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • B

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • C

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • D

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • F

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters
His grade? If he were meat, he would be graded at dog food quality, except I don't think he would be good enough to actually feed to my dog.

To be fair, he didn't get much good material to work with. I'd say he got one of the rougher deals since WW2. Don't get me wrong, he's still an idiot, just not quite as big an idiot as a lot of people claim. There's certainly a lot he can be blamed for, just not quite everything that happened.

That's why I gave him a 'D'. He got 9-11, whether he orchestrated it or not (we'll never know). I actually would probably rather have a beer with ol' dubya than with that new fraud Obama, however. And then after that, I'd like to nail his daughters. ;)

☼LEGIT☼
I - he didn't show great effort in class. OH WAIT... he didn't show up to class that much.

I think Bart Simpson would've made a better president - So it's an F from me :D

:1orglaugh

Agreed.

"F" for me too.

I can't mention anything that was good for his country or good for the world.

If our Prime Minister, J.P. balkenende, don't get elected again, he and George jr. can perform in a new movie
"Dumb and Dummer 2"

Don't blame the entire economy on W. He's not the one who told banks that they must allow food stamps & welfare checks to figure into yearly income when it came to home loans. He wasn't the greatest pres. of all time, but I also do not think he was the worst either. But then again, opinions are like assholes; everybody's got one.

I gave him a C.

Only two other Presidents have served office in tougher times than those following 9/11 (Lincoln and FDR). Therefore Bush can not be considered just another President. The fact is that since 9/11 the United States has not been the victim of terrorism while countries like Spain, Britain and India can not say the same. The United States has been at war for the last 7 years against an enemy that has the unmatched capacity to attack the United States. The fact that Bush has kept America and Americans safe in that time should be recognized and appreciated. I believe that the reason people do not understand this very important aspect of Bush's presidency is because even though we are at war, we are not living "through war" with all of its devastation and shortcomings.

Katrina was Bush's lowest point. The federal government's response to the disaster was despicable and unacceptable. Scandals have also plagued the Bush presidency from Scooter Libby to Alberto Gonzales.

However, Bush is not applauded for his selections of minorities into his cabinet and the unprecedented amounts of aid that he has allocated to Africa.

The economy is hardly "Bush's fault." And those who think it is need to have their right to speak their mind revoked. No one person does or can control the economy. Bush deserves his fair share of blame. However the mortgage crisis was caused by a combination of deregulation and the heightened willingness to grant loans to unqualified candidates in order to allow them to own their own homes.

Iraq is the most complicated of the issues to explain. Our gathered intelligence told us that Iraq contained WMDs and was one of the main if not thee main front of the War on Terror. A decision was needed to be made and only the President could have made the decision. In retrospect, the decision to invade Iraq may have been a poor one but I for one believe that we as Americans are safer now than we were before the invasion simply because the rest of the world now fears the United States' ambitions and military might, whereas before it might have viewed America as a "sleeping giant."

As far as Guantanamo Bay and the Patriot Act are concerned, I as a law abiding citizen am willing to sacrifice some of my civil liberties for enhanced security in times of crisis and am not concerned about the opinions of the "world's population."

Had Bush been as articulate and analytical as both his predecessor and his successor, most of the country would consider him a much better President. However, he was unintelligible and relatively virtuous. Never forget that there is no such thing as short-term history and only time will tell how good, or how bad of a president George W. Bush was.

GabberMan

Closed Account
I think it's a U when you don't show up for classes or exams. It's an N for no score.

N.

Thats is true, if you do not show up and miss the exams it is an automatic U but it also can be awarded when you do not do any of the work. Which obviously happened here. :hatsoff:

The fact is that since 9/11 the United States has not been the victim of terrorism while countries like Spain, Britain and India can not say the same.

Well, it wasn't exactly common prior to 9/11 either, and is certainly not common in "countries like Spain, Britain and India" now (why you include India, I have no idea. Their problems are of a different kind). Besides, I'd say attacks on the US has increased since. Not on US soil perhaps, but it's not like it's proper application of statistics to claim that it happened once and now it doesn't, and then conclude there is a correlation.

The United States has been at war for the last 7 years against an enemy that has the unmatched capacity to attack the United States.

Excuse me? Statistically speaking, terrorism is unbelievably insignificant. The brand of terrorism Bush deals with is all flash and no thunder. Your car is more dangerous. The real damage is the borderline irrational fear it causes (it's called terrorism for a reason). 9/11 was an impressive operation, I'll give you that, but give me a month, 20 or so people willing to risk going to prison, and $1000, and I could probably do quite some damage. I could actually give you a draft of a plan right now, but I'm not sure if that's considered kosher around here.

Our gathered intelligence told us that Iraq contained WMDs and was one of the main if not thee main front of the War on Terror.

From what I remember, the gathered intelligence said pretty much the opposite (once made public) but was discounted in favor of tales told by the administration about the vast amount of imaginary evidence that existed but was never shown to anyone.

As far as Guantanamo Bay and the Patriot Act are concerned, I as a law abiding citizen am willing to sacrifice some of my civil liberties for enhanced security in times of crisis and am not concerned about the opinions of the "world's population."

That's nice, and you're certainly welcome to sacrifice all you want as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that you're willing to sacrifice my civil liberties. I don't think you'd be quite so philosophical about it if you were thrown into a cage for the rest of your life without cause or trial. If it's not okay if it happened to you, why is it okay if it happens to others?

I'm willing to forgive Bush for a lot, but the way he handled terrorism and war is not one of those things.

To be fair, he didn't get much good material to work with. I'd say he got one of the rougher deals since WW2. Don't get me wrong, he's still an idiot, just not quite as big an idiot as a lot of people claim. There's certainly a lot he can be blamed for, just not quite everything that happened.

Oh, c'mon. We are being fair. If the U.S. was 19th cent France there would be a guillotine in D.C.

When Dubya took office we had a $200 billion dollar gov't surplus. After his 8 years, we're in a $10 trillion dollar hole.

That is Failure with a "Capital" F.

What irks me to no end...is that he and his administration didn't give a shit to see that SOMETHING got rebuilt in NYC. He just eagerly took our country to war and left a giant fucking hole in NYC. He needed to make NYC rebuild something. Hell, he could've given NYC pols a deadline to agree on something and if they couldn't agree, he would make the decision for them.

I would've given him credit atleast for not letting Osama continue to remind us daily what he did if Dubya took the oppty back in 2002 to say "It is one of my priorities to erect a structure in NYC to put back what the terrorists took away." He didn't even care to do that.