• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you reading now?

Colleen McCullough - The Grass Crown

Second novel in the Masters of Rome series. Give Conn Iggulden's dross a miss and pick this up instead.

Spleen

Banned?
Started reading Blood Meridian, but it ain't easy. Why does he need to use such obscure language? He doesn't in his other books. I keep reading the same sentences a couple of times in a row because I have no idea what he is saying. Queens English, motherfuckers :fight:

Death By Black Hole by Neil DegrasseTyson

Gross Universal Cash Heist
by Bucky Fuller

Iluminatus! book one by Robert Anton Wilson

I haven't yet Finished Secret Societies (mention in my last list of books in this thread), I might after I finish those other ones (the first two are library books). I also am about halfway through King's Danse Macabre, which has been really good so far, but I just got distracted from it by other stuff.

wow, that's crazy. synchronicity.

Rober Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" - the whole Series. In English this time, so it will take a while...

wow, that's crazy. synchronicity.

maybe, maybe not. with so many posts, the odds of two people reading the same book increase and some books are more popular than others. yes, his happened to be the last but someone has to be. i always thought coincidence was meaningless, while synchronicity had deep meaning and purpose. perhaps there is an important message there for you, otherwise i would just chalk it up as a simple coincidence.:2 cents:

Chaucer's Tales of Canterbury

maybe, maybe not. with so many posts, the odds of two people reading the same book increase and some books are more popular than others. yes, his happened to be the last but someone has to be. i always thought coincidence was meaningless, while synchronicity had deep meaning and purpose. perhaps there is an important message there for you, otherwise i would just chalk it up as a simple coincidence.:2 cents:

well the way I see it is that we perceive non-existent patterns by unconsciously blocking out all data that doesn't fit the prescribed model we wish to see. On the other hand, because we are doing this we miss the real connections that are there all along. But that is a whole 'nother topic.