• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Walking Dead on AMC

Plus, even though it is a TV show, the part with Darryl holding up the zombie to block the bullets being shot towards him was pretty far fetched and unbelievable. With those type of bullets, at least 2 or 3 shots should've exited the zombies body and went into Darryl at some point.

You say this while watching a TV show where the dead walk?

When the governor was about to choke the life out of Rick, I knew the katana was coming. I was just expecting/hoping it would've been <SWOOSH> and there goes the headless governor. But Michonne leaving him to lead the dead would've been more fitting if his girlfriend hadn't finished him off.

Besides that, another hell yeah moment was that one chick's girlfriend getting it between the eyes. Carol taught those kids well.

Jane Burgess

Official Checked Star Member
We don't know she finished him off. He very well could still be alive. I was sad about Hershel, they seem to kill off the moral characters in horrible ways. I also hope Judith isn't a zombie baby, that would suck.

When the governor was about to choke the life out of Rick, I knew the katana was coming. I was just expecting/hoping it would've been <SWOOSH> and there goes the headless governor. But Michonne leaving him to lead the dead would've been more fitting if his girlfriend hadn't finished him off.

Besides that, another hell yeah moment was that one chick's girlfriend getting it between the eyes. Carol taught those kids well.

We don't know she finished him off. He very well could still be alive. I was sad about Hershel, they seem to kill off the moral characters in horrible ways. I also hope Judith isn't a zombie baby, that would suck.

On the Talking Dead show afterwards they did a memoriam for the Governor. He's gone. Hershel was my favorite character, but in a world like that there's no room for one-legged nice guys apparently.

I don't think Judith is dead.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Pretty bummed about Hershel. I liked him even more than Dale (Dale was kind of naive at times). And since the Gov had to go, I guess that was the best way to make sure he went out as a truly hated character: kill the most beloved character. Too Far Gone... great title. Really nailed that one. And who should kill the Gov but Michonne and Maggie (well, Fake Maggie - hey, since Fake Locke became Flocke on Lost, would Fake Maggie be Faggie? :D)

And whatever happens, I hope to hell that they don't wear out their welcome with viewers looking for that baby like they did that other kid (Sophia?). I got so sick of that storyline that I was actually happy when they found her in the barn and smoked her.

P.S. I read on a Walking Dead blog that it was actually an intentional decision to cast an actress who resembled Maggie/Lauren Cohan. If that's true, maybe the reason will be revealed next season... or not. Seems like with the Gov gone, what does it matter now - unless Glen meets Lily and wants to get his freak on in a twin sister style 3-some?

Dropzone

Closed Account
I had to quit watching this on the network maybe its me but it seemed with each season there were more and more commercial breaks. I guess I get spoiled on DVD's!!

Zordit

Banned
THE WALKING DEAD: Season 4, Episode 8: Too Far Gone Images [AMC]
http://*************/the-walking-dead-season-4-episode-8-too-far-gone-images-amc/

This show is so overrated and boring. Bad acting, boring characters, bad writing. I've tried starting Season 4 multiple times, but i fall asleep every time! It's just so dull, i cant understand why so many people watch it every week.

It's one of the rare times where the video game is actually BETTER than both of the things it's based upon, show and comic. You should check that out instead! Just make sure it's the one with Clementine and not the... other one, lol!
WDS2_KeyArt_1920x1080_NoLogo_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Rey C.

This show is so overrated and boring. Bad acting, boring characters, bad writing. I've tried starting Season 4 multiple times, but i fall asleep every time! It's just so dull, i cant understand why so many people watch it every week.

Easy answer: look at a program guide and notice all the (truly) shit shows that populate American television these days. Even half-decent, scripted dramas (that are something more than politically correct commercials that are designed to check enough PC boxes so that the average Hollyweird focus group will clap like trained seals) are rare these days. Now that Game of Thrones has bowed to pressure to become more politically correct, I decided to not watch that anymore either. I like this show because it's a zombie show... that really isn't (just) about zombies. You could replace the zombies with any other disease or life-threatening situation and it would still be about how the survivors would deal with the situation and each other. I like that premise. Is it The Wire or Breaking Bad? No, it's not. But compared to most of what else is on TV, it (IMO) is pretty darn entertaining.

As for playing a video game, that's not an option for me because I consider video games to be a waste of time. If someone gave me an Xbox or Playstation, I'd sell it on Ebay the very next day. My (now ex) girlfriend was going to buy me an Xbox and some game called Ryse: Son of Rome. Being a complete Romaphile, she figured I'd get into that. I told her I appreciated the thought but I'd rather watch a docudrama about Rome than play some fantasy game about Rome. But I understand that some others find them to be entertaining. So just like with this show, to each his own. We all have different tastes.

Everyone has their own opinion and I'm glad steampunk shared us with his view of the show.

I like the show and comic book and in the second half of the season Sgt. Abraham Ford (played by Michael Cudlitz of Band of Brothers and Southland fame) will make an appearance, along with two other characters from the comic book.

In the comic book, after they leave the prison, they go back to Hershel's barn to regroup and see who is alive after the attack on the prison and then somewhere else shortly after that which I think the route the TV show will take. The comic book is very different with how it handled the whole prison war. In the comics, the people that attack it are the Woodbury residents and end up taking it over, when Rick's group (who lose many in the battle) leave and scatter. The next episode of the series will be based on issue 49 of the comic book, which picks up directly after the prison attack and mainly focuses on Carl, when Rick is sick and incapacitated.

Rey C.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he shared his opinion too. Just because I don't agree with it, that doesn't mean that I discounted Steampunk's opinion about The Walking Dead. I doubt that he (and many, many others here) agrees with me about video games, Game of Thrones and lots of other things. As I said, we all have different tastes. It would be a boring world if we didn't.

Mini-spoiler

the writers/producers of the Walking Dead said episode 9 is pretty much verbatim to the comic book, and since I own said comic book, the next episode (tonight's episode) will focus mainly on Carl when Rick is incapacitated. So most of if not all of the episode will be about Carl.

Rey C.

I have been looking forward to this for months!

Me too.

Please don't let it suck. Please! Please!!!

I have my own version of video gaming that I play these days. For about 5 minutes, I'll open the DirecTV program guide and give every show I come across either a :thumbsup: or a :lame: (thumbs down) on TiVo. Sometimes I do it based on the starring actor (any Adam Sandler movie gets an automatic thumbs down), but usually it's based on the suck, dopey, silly or moronic premise or storyline. I checked the TiVo ratings summary the other day. Thumbs down was ahead of thumbs up by about 9 to 1. The upcoming F1 season, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and a couple of shows on PBS are about the only things that are keeping me from selling my TV and cancelling DirecTV.

24/7/365 Q/C/K... ya killin' me! :hairpull:

I watched the entire first season new every week, the first two eps of season 2 and then all of season 2 and 3 in one sitting to catch up, then haven't watched it since. I see it on tv all the time now and want to watch so bad!!!

Rey C.

Pretty good episode last night. The writing continues to get better & better, IMO. They're doing a better job of giving the characters more depth than they did early on. And I find Carl (slightly) less annoying than I used to. I actually enjoyed his scenes last night.