• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Walking Dead on AMC

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
**Spoilers and half-baked opinions alert**

Perhaps I am over-reading things here, but I've a feeling these are not you typical horror movie zombies. They seem to have semblances of memories, which I've a feeling will play on later in the series.
The little girl zombie picks up a teddy bear. Wife/Mom zombie keeps trying to get in the house...even seems to be talking to herself. The zombie in the park the cop shoots seems to be obsessively crawling towards something. There was also a zombie in a business suit in Atlanta who seemed just a might bit more attentive than the others (dude with wavy hair).
Even without that, there is quite a bit of the human element which is well played so far - the husband not being able to shoot his wife was well done.

well a lot of zombies i've known have semblance of memories.
thats why they like to hang out at malls.

for them everyday is black friday.

I'm thinking about just DVRing all the episodes and watch them so I don't have to keep myself in suspense week after week. Though I don't know yet.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Zombie Drama Dead On

AMC digs up comic book classic with wonderful ‘Walking Dead’

AMC has been the place to go for ad men, meth makers and spy dramas. Now they're throwing zombies into the mix.

It may seem like an odd choice at first blush, but it really isn’t. AMC, the cable network that boasts “story matters here,” has got one heck of a story in The Walking Dead. And a pretty fascinating back story as well.

Debuts Sunday, Oct. 31 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on AMC.

More ...

I missed the premiere of Walking Dead. But I caught the last episode and it was pretty good. My rule with AMC is that I will automatically watch any original drama on AMC for at least a few episodes. They haven't missed yet: Mad Men, Breaking Bad... and my new favorite, Rubicon.

IMO, AMC is the best channel on my sat. system.

I am impressed by the gruesomeness and level of brutality. Few tv shows have ventured there 'til now. Love it.

Good news: AMC has renewed The Walking Dead for a second season consisting of 13 episodes.

Spleen

Banned?
I don't like that the "Walkers" killed and ate the horse. I don't remember zombies eating animals before.

I don't know why a movie hasn't done it before. Makes perfect sense to me.

I don't like that the "Walkers" killed and ate the horse. I don't remember zombies eating animals before.

a lot of non romero zombie stuff has had them eating animals. a good example is a book called World War Z. in the book it was noted that a zombie noticed an animal crawling into its burrow in a sand dune, and spent days trying to get at it even though the hole it was digging kept collapsing. its all a matter of if they can catch what they see

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Seen it, it's OK, but there's no way the sheriff (Andrew Lincoln, talented British actor) would've crawled into the bottom of that tank because the tank is an american M1 and they don't have a belly hatch.
Am I pedantic or what? ;)

Seen it, it's OK, but there's no way the sheriff (Andrew Lincoln, talented British actor) would've crawled into the bottom of that tank because the tank is an american M1 and they don't have a belly hatch.

actually, i dont think it was an M1. it didnt have a lot of the sharp edges that an M1 has and it looked smaller to me.

Spleen

Banned?

actually, i dont think it was an M1. it didnt have a lot of the sharp edges that an M1 has and it looked smaller to me.

Shhhhhhhhhhot down!

Either way, that's a terrible arguement. You might have also noticed that the dead have come back to feast on human flesh. In real life that doesn't happen. Unless it's in the form of a freeones thread, and then they come back all the time...

Shifty

O.G.
...Either way, that's a terrible arguement. You might have also noticed that the dead have come back to feast on human flesh. In real life that doesn't happen. Unless it's in the form of a freeones thread, and then they come back all the time...

(bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) :)

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?

Shhhhhhhhhhot down!

Either way, that's a terrible arguement. You might have also noticed that the dead have come back to feast on human flesh. In real life that doesn't happen. Unless it's in the form of a freeones thread, and then they come back all the time...

Maybe I misidentified it. If anyone can get a screenshot we'll see.

**Spoilers and half-baked opinions alert**

Perhaps I am over-reading things here, but I've a feeling these are not you typical horror movie zombies. They seem to have semblances of memories, which I've a feeling will play on later in the series.
The little girl zombie picks up a teddy bear. Wife/Mom zombie keeps trying to get in the house...even seems to be talking to herself. The zombie in the park the cop shoots seems to be obsessively crawling towards something. There was also a zombie in a business suit in Atlanta who seemed just a might bit more attentive than the others (dude with wavy hair).
Even without that, there is quite a bit of the human element which is well played so far - the husband not being able to shoot his wife was well done.

The original Dawn of the Dead was social commentary of how people, even if they are brain dead, walking dead, a zombie, will still have natural tendencies such as consumerism and that is why a lot of those zombies flocked to the mall. Remember the guy who was bit, can't remember his name, and as a zombie he went to where they boarded up the hallway where they were hiding at?

Zombies, at least depending on how far decomposed they are, still hold the chance of retaining simple memory and able to remember pathways and most likely deep seeded memory and most recent memory.

As time goes on and decomposition sets in the zombie will soon be reduced to a crawl, especially if haven't eaten flesh for the body to burn instead of just it's own body to burn up.

Of course, zombies are often reinvented, now they can seemingly run, recognize people, even have coherent thoughts with fits of primal rage/instinct, and leadership skills. Naturally a zombie is decomposing and as time goes on it will soon be nothing but bits of flesh on bone and brain reduced to complete nothingness.

A zombie was eating a rat in the second episode. They eat whatever flesh they can get a hold of. Most the time it is human since humans get in their way and trapped by them easier. That horse was there had a lot of meat and flesh to it. They had a heyday with that meal. Birds that eat dead bodies contract the disease that way from entering the bloodstream.

The horse just got in the way. Zombies eat any warm flesh.

Geek zombie lesson over. :hatsoff:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
not bad whimsy.
so by this theory if i become a zombie i will instinctively seek out a computer, search lisa-ann, and .....you know.
i just hope i wouldnt get more aroused by the thought of eating her rather than fucking her.

Maybe I misidentified it. If anyone can get a screenshot we'll see.

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tumblr_l93pxvVVDp1qcuuon.jpg

not an Abrams. not an M-60, both cause its literally not one, and because the US military doesn't actively use them. some are in reserve, and others have been converted into bridge layers and other combat engineer roles though.

im not sure what it is to tell you the truth. ill more than likely be looking due to boredom at some point in the future