• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official Gardening Thread

I love having fresh fruit vegetables, straight from the garden.

GardenBoots003.jpg

I wish I could come over to plant jalapeno in your front/backyard garden ;)

Facetious

Moderated
The damned late rains we're having in Cal. are threatening my tomato blossoms! :mad:.... but have no fear, I still have rolls of duct tape and clear 4mil. thick plastic sheeting from the days when the Dept of Homeland Security freaked everybody out and recommend that we shelter in place in the event of ???, remember? :o

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
my stuffs looking good. finally got some tomatoes in their full form, green beans are flowering and watermelons are spouting. the corn are beasts. they grow so fast!

Facetious

Moderated
my stuffs looking good. finally got some tomatoes in their full form, green beans are flowering and watermelons are spouting.

hating you! :flame: We've had February weather here for the last three weeks! :hammer:

I'm glad that I'm not in the agriculture business... the unseasonal rain showers and the 15 - 20ºƒ cooler than normal temps have to be stunting the growth of fruit & veg crops in the area.

the corn are beasts. they grow so fast!

Yes they are, they grow quicker than anything on the planet it would seem, so quick in fact, even some of the Canadian provinces can sustain the growth of corn, even with the brief summer they have. ;)

squallumz

hating you! :flame: We've had February weather here for the last three weeks! :hammer:

I'm glad that I'm not in the agriculture business... the unseasonal rain showers and the 15 - 20ºƒ cooler than normal temps have to be stunting the growth of fruit & veg crops in the area.

hehe, well dont get too mad. its getting hot here and ive been having to deal with that whole thing. we havent even hit 120ºƒ yet. ive had my share of heat damage and it sucks. i want some of that feb weather here!

Facetious

Moderated
hey, we've been lucky so far. the desert is a strange and mystical place.

No tornadoes like Cal though... actually Aridzona preceded Cal with the tornado cuz your state had one last year. ;)

back to gardening...
Last week addition to the garden ...
Calla Lilies and blue and red colored Hydrangeas.

(Thanks for putting me to work, long distance g/f! :o)

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
Scrapped 2"of soil off and replaced it - re-planted all the squash and melons - two tomatoes are past saving and couldn't get any egg plant starts and it's too late to plant them from seed here - may have rescued most of it - the corn will survive but was slowed - the peppers will pull through - remind me to never take a vacation again.

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member
I wish I had a garden. And I wish I had Miss Hybrid as my gardener. :(
It is hard to find a good gardener.... I have a garden and finding a gardener that can do the job, very hard.

Facetious

Moderated
^ You're the limit! :1orglaugh

The new potatoes, boiled for about 5 mins, served with butter and spinach and steamed salmon. yum

Just though I would share that xxx

Little itty bitty variants of spuds were they? :D

The other day at the market I saw these new potatoes that weren't much larger than pearl onions.. Soo cuute! :lovecoupl

Aside: I've heard that old, mixed or perhaps, unknown origin pistol - rifle - shot shell propellant goes great in the garden and provides plants with a good source of nitrates. :D

just sayin - :p

squallumz

The new potatoes, boiled for about 5 mins, served with butter and spinach and steamed salmon. yum

Just though I would share that xxx

oh you suck! ive been craving seafood like mad lately. but cant find anything good out here.

i miss my fishing days.

Facetious

Moderated
Originally Posted by MissHybrid
''The new potatoes, boiled for about 5 mins, served with butter and spinach and steamed salmon. yum

Just though I would share that xxx''

oh you suck! ive been craving seafood like mad lately. but cant find anything good out here.

i miss my fishing days.

Best of all, she was able to cook the din-din in one single pot!
(more after dinner time fun-fun) :glugglug:

:Clip:

Does anybody else have lots of ants in and around the garden?
Should they stay or should they go?

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
back to gardening...
Last week addition to the garden ...
Calla Lilies and blue and red colored Hydrangeas.

Oh, I love calla lilies! I haven't planted any in AGES. The purple ones were my favorites.

Those transplanted tomatoes are looking great! :) As are most of the rest of my garden plants. My basil still looks like it's getting fried... but my herb garden gets sun a good portion of the day. *sigh*

I also finally got some marigolds planted in my gardens. :D <3 marigolds!

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
The first strawberries are ready, the roses will bloom in a day or two the squash and tomatoes are in bloom as are the bleeding hearts, clematis, sage and columbines and the honeysuckles are almost in bloom. The beans have sprouted, the kohlrabi is doing great and the sunflowers, watermelons and peppers are back on track after my roommate tried to kill them. The corn is reviving after the hail and only the cucumbers and basil are still struggling.

strawberry.jpg

roses.jpg