• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sawv

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
loved the frist move still do it's the best out of the other three. unless they some how plan to change that newer flim's sorry but for me none of these other one's have been better then the frist. i am interested to see where this one is gonna go and how it will end this time. becuase 4 came to an end where it began so i wonder what the new director pulled off this time. i will also still go too the new trap's everyyear and too find out if they are ever gonna answer what happen or became of DR.gordon yea two just sux.

Oct. 24th.

http://www.saw5.com/agegate.html

why have I not seen any commercials for this? The first and only trailer I've seen. yet I've known about SAWV for the past several months now.

Anyway, as usual, I'm looking forward to this flick even though SAW2 and 4 were shit. Seems like the even numbered sequels are a disappointment and the odd numbered ones are quite entertaining! With that said this one SHOULD be good.

I feel the exact same way. 1 and 3 were incredible, and 2 and 4 were garbage. With that said, 5 should be good.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Oh God! Not another one :bawling:

:lame:

tell me about it. and whats sad is, there's gonna be lots more to come. they dont need commercials anymore. they already know you will see it. and then next one, and the next one.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Too be totally honest, I haven't given this series a chance! IMO the preview commercials for the original movie looked pretty :lame:! and whether its true or not? 1st impression carries allot of weight, and is also very important!! it just seems like everytime I turn on the TV, its like oh no!! another preview commercial for SAW is being shown!! SAW #5, 6 and 7 in theaters this weekend!! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I love horror movies, but like I mentioned about 1st impressions, the original preview commercial scarred my opinions of this series, what makes it good? why would I like it? I love gore, but some dude kidnapping people and making them saw off there limbs to escape is exciting? is that the theme? or does the (kidnapper/killer) saw them up, c'mon tell me something (SAW) fans!! why should I watch this series, is the killer brilliant, elusive, frightening, what makes this character so alluring and or mesmerizing that they keep manufacturing the saw series?? :dunno:

I am NOT calling anybody anything derogatory, or insulting anybody!! I am just asking everybody that likes this series, what the appeal is?? whats the theme or plot that makes this series so good?? if you will? why would I want or be persuaded to give the series a chance?? :sleep:

I am a sucker for Saw movies!! It's like a Halloween tradition for my family.

The genius of the Saw franchise is that as long as you have a halfway decent story, you've always got your gimmick which of course are the traps. Unlike Freddy, Jason, etc., you don't have to come up with ways to kill the bad guy, just how to solve the riddle. That and you have to come up with ways to connect the traps to human flaws that put them in this predicament.

Marlo Manson

The genius of the Saw franchise is that as long as you have a halfway decent story, you've always got your gimmick which of course are the traps. Unlike Freddy, Jason, etc., you don't have to come up with ways to kill the bad guy, just how to solve the riddle. That and you have to come up with ways to connect the traps to human flaws that put them in this predicament.

Thanx for a little bit of insight! so are you saying that he doesn't hunt for victims, he somehow lures the vics. to him using a weakness of there's? sort of like some kind entrapment techniques??

can anybody elaborate some more so I can begin to understand the theme of this series? :hatsoff:

Last edited:
the basic plot of the saw films is that this dude captures people and puts them in a scenario where they have to overcome obstacles to escape, usually in a preset time limit, or else they will die. To escape they have to make use of logical reasoning, overcoming a phobia or situation based on there personal character, situations that often involve self-injury, and also teamwork. The point is for him to see what people are willing to do and how much will they have to survive.

it's not stated how exactly he chooses victims and why he chooses some over others. But all of them are people that he feels don't appreciate and are wasting their lives, so they need to learn to value them by facing the possibility of death. Usually it will be people that have some thing in common with each other, but they don't know it and figuring it out is part of the challenge of their survival.

the first movie was very simply done, with people being held captive in a room and various clues and objects being given to them to figure out how to escape. as the movie series progressed the scenarios became more detailed and usually employ elaborate mechanical features, as well as giving more insight into the background of the mastermind.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I wouldn't mind Saw movies that much if they would just cast them better. Carey Elwes? Donnie Wahlberg? No New Kid should be in a horror movie. Well...maybe...only if they were the one's getting brutally murdered.

Marlo Manson

the basic plot of the saw films is that this dude captures people and puts them in a scenario where they have to overcome obstacles to escape, usually in a preset time limit, or else they will die. To escape they have to make use of logical reasoning, overcoming a phobia or situation based on there personal character, situations that often involve self-injury, and also teamwork. The point is for him to see what people are willing to do and how much will they have to survive.

it's not stated how exactly he chooses victims and why he chooses some over others. But all of them are people that he feels don't appreciate and are wasting their lives, so they need to learn to value them by facing the possibility of death. Usually it will be people that have some thing in common with each other, but they don't know it and figuring it out is part of the challenge of their survival.

the first movie was very simply done, with people being held captive in a room and various clues and objects being given to them to figure out how to escape. as the movie series progressed the scenarios became more detailed and usually employ elaborate mechanical features, as well as giving more insight into the background of the mastermind.

The 1st Saw movie was excellent, but then they started making crappy sequels that gave too much screentime to the bad guy explaining his motivations. It was better when it was all kept simple as in 1st 1. Its just a really bland repetitive franchise now

I wouldn't mind Saw movies that much if they would just cast them better. Carey Elwes? Donnie Wahlberg? No New Kid should be in a horror movie. Well...maybe...only if they were the one's getting brutally murdered.

Thanx for the insight, all that tried, however it doesn't sound like my cup of tea, I however will watch the original movie @ some point and draw my own conclusions!

I like clever, inovative, elusive, witty, street-smart strategy and inovative theme's / plots, but I am not too excited from what I have heard so far! but, who knows? I could like the movie if I watch it, so I will getback to this conversation after I've watched the original. :hatsoff:

I suggest you at least try to watch the first one if you like horror movies. I think the series ahs gone maybe too far with all the sequels, but i'd say that the original is at least on the level of any other flick you might find entertaining.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
tell me about it. and whats sad is, there's gonna be lots more to come. they dont need commercials anymore. they already know you will see it. and then next one, and the next one.

I've only heard they're planing on making a 6th one and that should be the end of em. I for one am sad there won't be more past 6. But thats due solely to my blood fetish! Gotta admit the SAW films are a fuckin gore fest!

Thanx for a little bit of insight! so are you saying that he doesn't hunt for victims, he somehow lures the vics. to him using a weakness of there's? sort of like some kind entrapment techniques??

can anybody elaborate some more so I can begin to understand the theme of this series? :hatsoff:

Watch the first one and you'll understand!

The 1st Saw movie was excellent, but then they started making crappy sequels that gave too much screentime to the bad guy explaining his motivations. It was better when it was all kept simple as in 1st 1. Its just a really bland repetitive franchise now

Yes...and no...

I suggest you at least try to watch the first one if you like horror movies. I think the series ahs gone maybe too far with all the sequels, but i'd say that the original is at least on the level of any other flick you might find entertaining.

Perfect response for anyone who questions the SAW series! :thumbsup:

Thats the thing with Saw movies, the killer really isnt a killer. The victims have the choice of whether or not to endure physical pain in exchange for theyre lives. He always gives them the tools to escape, they just have to use the clues and tools that he gives them. The killer never actually kills anyone himself in these movies. He kidnaps people he thinks are living theyre lives the wrong way, or take theyre lives for granted and tries to show them not to take what theyve been given for granted. Thats about the best way I can explain it, I'm not sure it makes much sense though.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
People want to see what really happens behind closed doors to remind them of their own mortality.

Most serial killers dont tape things, and if they did.. the police would never release it. So we have to settle for things like Saw and Hostel. If the original story is true in any way.. then doesnt it intrigue you the least bit to find out.. why do people do this? Why did they go that far? How awesome is it that someone has the patience to sit down.. figure out a way to do this, that.. and make it all come together as a clever murder that makes you think and question the whole thing. Not just to kill as an end to your urges, but killing as an art form.. killing as a message to the world.

It is a romantic ideal that only really comes across in movies. The idea of killing as art..

Marlo Manson

Thanx for the insight, all that tried, however it doesn't sound like my cup of tea, I however will watch the original movie @ some point and draw my own conclusions!

I like clever, inovative, elusive, witty, street-smart strategy and inovative theme's / plots, but I am not too excited from what I have heard so far! but, who knows? I could like the movie if I watch it, so I will getback to this conversation after I've watched the original. :hatsoff:

I've only heard they're planing on making a 6th one and that should be the end of em. I for one am sad there won't be more past 6. But thats due solely to my blood fetish! Gotta admit the SAW films are a fuckin gore fest!

Watch the first one and you'll understand!

Yes...and no...

Perfect response for anyone who questions the SAW series! :thumbsup:

Thats the thing with Saw movies, the killer really isnt a killer. The victims have the choice of whether or not to endure physical pain in exchange for theyre lives. He always gives them the tools to escape, they just have to use the clues and tools that he gives them. The killer never actually kills anyone himself in these movies. He kidnaps people he thinks are living theyre lives the wrong way, or take theyre lives for granted and tries to show them not to take what theyve been given for granted. Thats about the best way I can explain it, I'm not sure it makes much sense though.

People want to see what really happens behind closed doors to remind them of their own mortality.

Most serial killers dont tape things, and if they did.. the police would never release it. So we have to settle for things like Saw and Hostel. If the original story is true in any way.. then doesnt it intrigue you the least bit to find out.. why do people do this? Why did they go that far? How awesome is it that someone has the patience to sit down.. figure out a way to do this, that.. and make it all come together as a clever murder that makes you think and question the whole thing. Not just to kill as an end to your urges, but killing as an art form.. killing as a message to the world.

It is a romantic ideal that only really comes across in movies. The idea of killing as art..

I just wanna thank everybody above and the others that have given me a taste of what SAW is about!! it does sound kind of clever and I think I am gonna check it out!! I will let you all know if I like the original after I watch it! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :hatsoff:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I just wanna thank everybody above and the others that have given me a taste of what SAW is about!! it does sound kind of clever and I think I am gonna check it out!! I will let you all know if I like the original after I watch it! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :hatsoff:

Your welcome! So...did you watch it yet?

Anyway I just now FINALLY saw a trailer on TV for SAWV...gotta say it looks good, but then again so did 4 before I actually saw it.