• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Prometheus

My favorite trilogy of sci fi movies, I can't wait!

Trilogy? There are 4 Alien(s) movies, 2 Alien vs. Predator movies, and 3 Predator movies (that have been shoehorned into the same universe), for a grand total of 9 movies in the Alien universe. This will be number 10. In fact, it's probably second only to Star Trek as the most prolific sci-fi universe in film. Can anybody think of any others with that many movies?

We can only hope it is better than Predators.

As they say, quoted for truth.

Everyone was seriously hyped for the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing (me included), and that bombed SERIOUSLY bad in all trust-worthy reviews I read. I haven't been around to personally seeing it myself, but I have a bias as every human being does, and mine says don't waste what little time you have in life on such garbage. So I have no hopes for Prometheus, either.

Trilogy? There are 4 Alien(s) movies, 2 Alien vs. Predator movies, and 3 Predator movies (that have been shoehorned into the same universe), for a grand total of 9 movies in the Alien universe. This will be number 10. In fact, it's probably second only to Star Trek as the most prolific sci-fi universe in film. Can anybody think of any others with that many movies?

Star Wars

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

Everyone was seriously hyped for the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing (me included), and that bombed SERIOUSLY bad in all trust-worthy reviews I read. I haven't been around to personally seeing it myself, but I have a bias as every human being does, and mine says don't waste what little time you have in life on such garbage. So I have no hopes for Prometheus, either.

No one I knew was even away of The Thing until it came out. There is a difference between these two movies; the man who shaped the entire Alien mythos is the one making Prometheus. The only way the remake of The Thing is comparable would be if Carpenter was the one who made it.

Looking forward to this one.

Ridley Scott + SciFi = what could possibly go wrong??

From what I've read on the web, this isn't a direct prequel to Alien, but it will explore the 'same universe' (as I've read it).
This will touch upon the 'space jockey' seen in Alien.
Possible rumours include - The space jockey being a superior race, involved with 'cleaning' planets (possibly using the alien species as a method of cleaning)
Also that the space jockey species is somehow involved with seeding planets - maybe earth, and that they are somehow involved with seeding and evolving the human race.

Possible back-stories for the crashed ship on LV426 (original egg-carrying ship from first two films):
the ship was being used as a transport for the eggs, possibly as some sort of bomber/seeder (to cleanse planets) but some face-huggers got out and killed the crew, then the ship crashed on LV426.
The space jockeys may even have genetically created the 'Alien' species - but got out of control, a La Frankenstein.

The Weyland/Yutani company (aka 'The Company') mentioned in the second film, may be behind the exploration of LV426.
When the Aliens are discovered there's a rush to use them as weapons etc..

Like I say, this is just what I've interpreted from various sources on the internet.

I just hope that this isn't just another 'Alien' - crew getting picked-off by unseen foe and then sole survivor saves the day..
Ridley Scott isn't the sort of driector to dish up the same servings for breakfast & lunch, so hopefully there will be some 'WOW' moments in this film.

Apparently the actors all signed secrecy clauses and secrecy about the plot is tighter than a duck's arse.

If Ridley drops this one, he may as well retire..

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Moar liek Lametheus, amirite?

As someone who was pissed at the idea and as a huge fan of the John Carpenter version...the 2010 The Thing was awesome. I recommend it.

Moar liek Lametheus, amirite?

urrong!!

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I cannot wait to see this and the Expendables 2.

DR. B

Closed Account
New Prometheus Trailer

The Thing 2011 was a bomb I agree. John had really nothing to do with that one. Ridley Scott I am hoping does well, I cant wait!