• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Prometheus

It was a bit above OK. Not spectacular. Not crap. Just, a bit above OK.
The shots were absolutely beautiful. Some of the characters were interesting, others were like some of the marines in Aliens. Fodder.
However, it was incomplete...but I believe on a purpose. I think Scott was looking a bit further than just this film, I am totally sure he has a sequel or two in mind.
Of course, Noomi Rapace is a total babe, and it was great watching her walk around with very little clothing. Same goes for Charlize Theron. Her form-fitting uniform was "wow" worthy.

See, Squally? Stan knows whats up.

I wanna see this movie but I think I'll go to a matinee so I don't get scared :shy:

While I felt that Ridley Scott did an really good job with the directing,this movie's shortcomings can fall squarely on the shoulders of it's writers,one of which is one of the writers of the tv show Lost,so if nothing really makes sense or seems a little confusing,well look no further than Damon Lindelof.

This guy is rewriting World War Z and doing the Star Trek sequel too.

Am I the only one here who doesn't find the Alien movies to be all that special? I haven't seen any of them in a while, but weren't they pretty much just people stuck on a dead spaceship with an alien for 3 hours? I don't know much about Prometheus, but based on the TV ads it looks like it has a bit more substance. Oh, and it has Charlize and Noomi.

Yup,and I'm going to probably skip both of them in the theater.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
alien was the shit. especially for its time. you have to think about when it was. and what it did.

it changed movies. revolutionized the entire horror/survival/sci-fi thing.

Love Alien, one of my all time favourite films. Aliens on the other hand is a film that has never really impressed me (it's on TV here right now and in comparison with Alien, it looks incredibly dated).

squallumz

Love Alien, one of my all time favourite films. Aliens on the other hand is a film that has never really impressed me (it's on TV here right now and in comparison with Alien, it looks incredibly dated).

i like the second one because its a little scarier. but i think that goes back to when i was a wee sprout. its nostalgic.

sigourney actually didnt like that one either though, she hates gun. she wasnt happy about it being a gun heavy military shootem up.

Mandy Flores

Official Checked Star Member
Well....I went to the 3D IMAX version....and that is probably what saved it for me. The story is just as reported earlier in this thread.....not very good. Simple changes would have gotten it to make more sense but.... even with that it just had some very stupid things going on. The special effects were amazing, especially in 3D. In a way it was like stealing from the alien story line, but mixed with other stolen story lines :) I would wait for home release on this one if I were you. If you just LOVE sci-fi and can get into how cool the scenery is in this effect intensive movie, then do yourself a favor and catch the IMAX 3D and immerse yourself in it...just knowing that the story is stupid ahead of time :) NOW....go to my thread (link below in my signature) and check out my fucking awesome squirting pussy! About 16 pages of pics and gifs :)

i like the second one because its a little scarier. but i think that goes back to when i was a wee sprout. its nostalgic.

sigourney actually didnt like that one either though, she hates gun. she wasnt happy about it being a gun heavy military shootem up.

I can see why some people might prefer it over Alien it's faster paced, there are more likeable characters to associate with, more action etc. That's probably why I never took to it because it's those very things that I don't like about it.

I also don't think Alien: Resurrection is as bad as it was originally made out to be. It's not great, I'd never say that. But it's a decent watch. Alien 3 has it's moments, but it's a complete mess.

squallumz

I can see why some people might prefer it over Alien it's faster paced, there are more likeable characters to associate with, more action etc. That's probably why I never took to it because it's those very things that I don't like about it.

I also don't think Alien: Resurrection is as bad as it was originally made out to be. It's not great, I'd never say that. But it's a decent watch. Alien 3 has it's moments, but it's a complete mess.

agreed. apparently (if memory serves me right), alien 3 was rushed. something to do with fox..i forget. they tried to use CGI and it just turned out to be crap. the aliens look like shit. the project just got fucked up, which is a shame. the story itself had potential but it was just rushed and focuses too much on stupid shit.

it also had 2 different endings.

Overall an ok movie...not the best but just ok. Visually, it is phenomenal, but that's about it. Here are the problems I see with this movie:

1) It's a rehash of Alien, no more and no less. It doesn't break new ground; it doesn't have any surprises. If you were to describe both movies in two sentences you would get the same thing. In fact, if you've seen Alien, you can predict a certain scene towards the end of Prometheus.

2) The excuse to get the crew onto the planet is pretty lame. I admit I used to like the "ancient astronaut" theory (look it up or see the movie, i don't want to spoil it for you). But cmon...it has been used many times before including AVP 1.

3) The origin of the xenomorph and the Space Jockeys. I know some people will disagree with me on this but I think these characters were better left as they were...without any explanation as to who they are. It kinda ruined the magic for me when we find out what the SJ's really look like.

4) A particular scene in the movie involving ....a medical operation shall we say. Won't go into details but it kinda took me out of the movie when this person gets the procedure done and then he/she is running around like nothing happened a few minutes after....

squallumz

so whats the deal anyway? was this meant to be a prequel??

i just saw a preview and it looks like thats what it was. or whats going on?