• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Pete Rose: Birthday/ Hall of Fame

The argument that the MLB higher ups make regarding his gambling on his team to win is that anytime he didn't bet on them at all would be the same as hedging his bets against a loss. It is a slippery slope. If he bet for them to win on a Sunday but didn't bet on them at all on Monday, it is an advertisement that he felt they would lose. If anyone else had that information it could influence a betting line. And as far as I know, baseball is completely against gambling. They don't even want guys filling out March madness brackets in the clubhouse.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
He holds a record that, most likely, will never be broken...he should be in the Hall of Fame.

It's going to be awhile. ;)

I'm fairly certain PR admitted to betting on his teams. Whether or not he bet for them to win or lose, I don't know, but that's some pretty egregious stuff IMO. OTOH, as far as we know he was never a juicer like some of this generations heros, so that's a plus. I guess I am undecided on whether or not PR should be in the Hall.

He never bet against them. It was never proven.

not gonna happen as long as Bud Selig is around

Slimey Zionist Selig is gone December 31, 2012. :party:

I always thought if you bet on your team to win its no big deal.
If you bet on your team to lose (as manager) then that's corrupt.

I know he admitted betting on The Reds, but did he every say he bet against them?

Do you think he tried harder in games he bet than the games he didn’t bet? He would naturally he would save players especially relief pitchers for days he did bet. That in turn compromises the strength of a team over the long haul of a 162 game schedule.

I was his biggest fan for years. In fact I was at spring training when all the gambling rumors were coming out in ’89. He lied about it for 20 years. He should never be in the hall.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
After he dies he will get in. Life means life.

And he sported a haircut that inspired a thousand jokes. Who goes into a barber shop and says "Give me the Pete Rose?"

They should put the wig that Tom sizemore wore a few years ago when he played Rose in that ESPN movie into the Hall.