• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally think your blowing this tired thing WAY out of proportion, that and you think the Redwings got away with allot of stuff last night? I don't mean too be and A$$ or come off as sarcastic, but what game were you watching?

the 1st goal malkin scored, Staal was SO OFFSIDES it wasn't even funny, yet they failed to call it, and how about in game 3, the 30 seconds of playing time the penguins had 6 skaters + their goalie on the ice and the Penguins got away with it? NO PENALTY? ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS? in the stanely cup finals? Terrible officiating to say the least, and what about that :bs: interference call on Jonathan Ericsson in the 3rd period of game 3 which gave the penguins the PP which they eventually scored on? :eek: :dunno:

If you ask me, Detroits been FUCKED with NO vasseline 3 times, 2 of which resulted in penguins goals. :rolleyes::mad::cussing: the refs either need to let EVERYTHING go and be fair to both teams, or their should be a video replay for ANY questionable calls which could be made by the SUPERVISING OFFICIAL (THE REFEREES SUPERVISOR) in the (War-room / official scorers room) inside the rink. That would take all the :bs: calls out of the hands of the crooked fuckin referee's and let the exact, and more importantly the CORRECT calls / rulings would be made instantly. :2 cents:

If any team has a right to complain about officiating (which I don't think any team truly does because the officiating has been very good in the playoffs and stellar in the Finals) it's the Penguins. The Red Wings get away with at least a half-dozen interference calls per game, and they have all playoffs long. Eddie Olczyk eluded to it earlier in the playoffs when he was covering a Red Wings game for Versus and he's said it a couple more times since then in different broadcasts. To be honest with you, I'm not really perturbed about it though because I actually look at it as a skill. There's no doubt that the Red Wings coaching staff teaches this stuff; the Wings have mastered the ability to interfere with a player just enough so that they can't make the play they're trying to make, but not enough to get called for a penalty.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
If any team has a right to complain about officiating (which I don't think any team truly does because the officiating has been very good in the playoffs and stellar in the Finals) it's the Penguins. The Red Wings get away with at least a half-dozen interference calls per game, and they have all playoffs long. Eddie Olczyk eluded to it earlier in the playoffs when he was covering a Red Wings game for Versus and he's said it a couple more times since then in different broadcasts. To be honest with you, I'm not really perturbed about it though because I actually look at it as a skill. There's no doubt that the Red Wings coaching staff teaches this stuff; the Wings have mastered the ability to interfere with a player just enough so that they can't make the play they're trying to make, but not enough to get called for a penalty.

I will agree with most of that, but it definitely goes both ways, the penguins interfere as much as the Redwings do, fuck it, lets be honest and realistic, the Refs don't really enforce that rule, unless its like so blatant its unavoidable not to call. and its NOT just the Redwings, that goes for all 30 teams, the Redwings are excellent @ it, that's why they don't get called as much as allot of other teams.

But you have to admit, on the OFFSIDES NON-CALL, the malkin goal, Staal was so WAY offsides, therefore that goal should not have been a goal. :mad:

Then in game 3 when the penguins had 6 skaters + their goalie for 20 - 30 seconds and Nobody called it? between 4 officials? terrible officiating. how can you say the refs have been stellar? they've been good, but, they've also blown a couple of very obvious infractions / non-calls. :yesyes: and that call in game 3 the interference on J.Ericcson was no worse than what goes on all the time, why call it in that instance? if its so prevalent, why haven't there been allot more calls? I am just saying the officials supervisor should be summoned on these plays or non-calls when its either directly caused a goal, or directly prevented a legitimate chance for a goal to be scored. I think you know Exactly what I am trying to say. :glugglug::hatsoff:

Detroits been FUCKED with NO vasseline 3 times, 2 of which resulted in penguins goals.

Fucked with no vaseline or not, the bottom line is that the Red Wings penalty killing BLOWS and they gave up the goals. If the Red Wings deserve to win the Cup, then they need to find a way stop the Pens power play. Bad calls are going to happen. Championship teams kill penalties.

Bottom line, both teams have had 9 power plays in this series. Power play goals:

Pens 44%
Red Wings 11%

I agree with lurkingdirk that the Red Wings are starting to look old and tired.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Fucked with no vaseline or not, the bottom line is that the Red Wings penalty killing BLOWS and they gave up the goals. If the Red Wings deserve to win the Cup, then they need to find a way stop the Pens power play. Bad calls are going to happen. Championship teams kill penalties.

Bottom line, both teams have had 9 power plays in this series. Power play goals:

Pens 44%
Red Wings 11%

I agree with lurkingdirk that the Red Wings are starting to look old and tired.

Yeah ok should have, would have, could have, its not only the bad calls its the NO calls, and of course Detroits gonna look a little slower and when they don't have the benefit of making the last change and get the matchups on the road cuz the PENS get last change of personel @ home.

Each team needs 2 more wins, if pittsburgh wins em' then they deserve to be the Champs.

Datsyuk hasn't even played yet and he should be back for game 5, So bottom line is 2 out of the next 3 games are in Detroit, I don't think Pittsburgh can win in Detroit, so do the math. :2 cents::hatsoff:

Red Wings are the Yankees of the NHL. :cool:

Perhaps the Red Wings are the Yankees of the NHL this year and CHOKE with all of their talent and not win the Championship. After all that's what the Yankees do best (disappoint/fail/underachieve).

Regardless, the Red Wings success is far more impressive than the Yankees considering the NHL has a salary cap now. I'd be more likely to compare the Red Wings to the Steelers or Patriots. Those are well managed teams that are consistently among the best.

Perhaps the Red Wings are the Yankees of the NHL this year and CHOKE with all of their talent and not win the Championship. After all that's what the Yankees do best (disappoint/fail/underachieve).

Regardless, the Red Wings success is far more impressive than the Yankees considering the NHL has a salary cap now. I'd be more likely to compare the Red Wings to the Steelers or Patriots. Those are well managed teams that are consistently among the best.

Detroit isn't choking. They are getting outplayed. San Jose choked.

seriously, this is the smartest comment on here in a while. second place to a young, energetic team the year after being first place doesn't sound anything like choking.

Second place to a young, energetic team, with the two best players in the league having historical post seasons. Just thought I'd add that.

Second place to a young, energetic team, with the two best players in the league having historical post seasons. Just thought I'd add that.

a good point, one i thought about adding too, but detroit is also not short on talent. plus statements like yours just tend to fire up the wankers.

Detroit is strong with there PP and great with passing, the way to beat the team is to check the shit out of them, the ducks did it but than they feel apart.

Stay out of the box and check them and you will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.