• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '10/'11 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I'm sure Stevie Y would've wanted to stay with the Red Wings organization if he could have, but he was probably the most sought after man to hire as GM and it was his time to move up, but the Red Wings have Ken Holland under contract for a while and doing a good job, so if Yzerman was going to get his opportunity it was going to have to be elsewhere. Just a victim of unfortunate circumstance. Actually, it's kind of victimless because the Lightning get an excellent GM, the Red Wings still have an excellent GM, and Yzerman gets to move up. So everyone wins, actually. But I understand why Yzerman going from the Red Wings organization to another would be tough to swallow for Red Wings fans.

Yes you are indeed correct although I wish Yzerman would have become the Red Wings GM, K. Holland has done a superior job, but I don't like the softness of our team, I wish we had an abrasive team that doesn't take any shit, kind of like we were in 97, talented and tough.. I miss fight night @ JLA everytime the wings play @ home. :D

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Tampa beat Vancouver in OT 5 - 4. no thanks to Dan Ellis.

That was a terrible game by the Canucks last night. I was hoping Naslund would put on his skates and play for us. We could have really used him.

I watched two games last night, Phoenix and Vancouver. One team kicked ass and played infront of 40% empty seats, the others played terribly for a team that is supposed to be contenders in front of a sell-out. :horse:

The problem is that no one would want Lecavalier. The no trade clause is just an additional problem to have to deal with. If Yzerman could find a team to take him, I'm sure he'd welcome it. He's still the highest paid player in the NHL and the seventh-highest cap hit in the NHL. I don't see too many teams jumping at the opportunity to trade for a player who will cost them that much and who's best years are behind him. He is nowhere near worth the $10 million he's making.

You are right , Vinny is in Tampa to stay. I don't think he can get back to being the elite player he once was. So no team would want him.

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
You are right , Vinny is in Tampa to stay. I don't think he can get back to being the elite player he once was. So no team would want him.

I agree i dont think we see Vinny go it was a good win for us last night ove the Canucks we need to start putting some wins together

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Len Barrie, once the co-owner of the Lightning, charged with tax evasion.

this useless cockhead once actually traded Steven Stamkos to the Rangers. luckily the other idiot main owner, Oren Koules was the only one who could actually make that move and it didn't happen.

hope the douche rots in prison

PlasmaTwa2

Man, Washington's goaltending has been killing them recently. Like Tampa, they'd be wise to go after Vokoun. Ship Varlamov and someone else to Florida and let Vokoun lead you to a Cup.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Good news for the Lightning fans 5-0 Rangers over Caps, still 6 minutes to go in the 2nd. Dubinski just kicked Ovechkin's ass!

PlasmaTwa2

Ten bucks says Boudreau is fired by the end of the week.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
During Hockey Night in Canada's "Satellite Hotstove" segment, where reporters give news, notes and float rumors, there was talk that four teams might be interested in signing Stars center Brad Richards when he becomes a free agent during the summer. The four teams: Stars, Rangers, Kings and … the Tampa Bay Lightning.

dear GOD i would love to have Richie back

I disagree Vinny is still a good player but he may have his best times behind him but I'm sure he is a good mentor to Steve Stamkos who's become what the Lightning were expecting of him when they drafted him. He's so much fun to watch.

I disagree Vinny is still a good player but he may have his best times behind him but I'm sure he is a good mentor to Steve Stamkos who's become what the Lightning were expecting of him when they drafted him. He's so much fun to watch.

No one said he wasn't a good player (70 points in a season is still "good," after all). He's just not worth the NHL-highest $10 million salary of his. And, like you said, his best is behind him. And, I may be wrong, but I think St. Louis is probably doing more mentoring for Stamkos than Lecavalier is, after all, they're linemates.

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
Len Barrie, once the co-owner of the Lightning, charged with tax evasion.

this useless cockhead once actually traded Steven Stamkos to the Rangers. luckily the other idiot main owner, Oren Koules was the only one who could actually make that move and it didn't happen.

hope the douche rots in prison

I hope so too

PlasmaTwa2

I don't think washington has the cap space to take Vokoun right now.

I think they can make it work. Washington probably has more that they can offer Florida in a trade than Tampa can and Vokoun might be willing to avoid a pay raise this offseason if he finally has the chance to play for a contender.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
I think they can make it work. Washington probably has more that they can offer Florida in a trade than Tampa can and Vokoun might be willing to avoid a pay raise this offseason if he finally has the chance to play for a contender.

we have prospects and picks we can offer.

but there are 3 names rumored to be on Tampa's interest list:

1. Dwayne Roloson. despite being 2-11-1, his SV% is .913 and GAA is 2.50.
2. Evgeny Nabakov. coming back from a poor season in the KHL. maybe?
3. Tomas Vokoun. we see him a lot. we like him. and we have the cap space.

PlasmaTwa2

we have prospects and picks we can offer.

but there are 3 names rumored to be on Tampa's interest list:

1. Dwayne Roloson. despite being 2-11-1, his SV% is .913 and GAA is 2.50.
2. Evgeny Nabakov. coming back from a poor season in the KHL. maybe?
3. Tomas Vokoun. we see him a lot. we like him. and we have the cap space.

More than Washington?

I don't see the Islanders wanting to give up Roloson, but Nabakov might be a good fit for the Lightning if he is willing to take a pay cut. He was one of the best goalies in the league, and being on a team that can't/can barely make the playoffs without him should hopefully keep the Lightning fans from bitching about his playoff record.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
More than Washington?

I don't see the Islanders wanting to give up Roloson, but Nabakov might be a good fit for the Lightning if he is willing to take a pay cut. He was one of the best goalies in the league, and being on a team that can't/can barely make the playoffs without him should hopefully keep the Lightning fans from bitching about his playoff record.

we have $7,700,000 in cap space. that's more than enough for a one year deal.

i'm not expecting a Stanley Cup this year. i am absolutely expecting a return to the playoffs with a viable, competitive run though. Nabokov would be a good choice if we can sign him and if he clears waivers.

PlasmaTwa2

we have $7,700,000 in cap space. that's more than enough for a one year deal.

i'm not expecting a Stanley Cup this year. i am absolutely expecting a return to the playoffs with a viable, competitive run though. Nabokov would be a good choice if we can sign him and if he clears waivers.

How much cap space is Tampa going to have after resigning Stamkos?

Nabokov apparently left the KHL due to family matters. That probably means he just didn't get paid, but you never know. He might not want to come back to the NHL.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
How much cap space is Tampa going to have after resigning Stamkos?

Nabokov apparently left the KHL due to family matters. That probably means he just didn't get paid, but you never know. He might not want to come back to the NHL.

TBD. Stamkos has not been resigned yet

Status
Not open for further replies.