• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metallica: Death Magnetic

Shifty

O.G.
I'm cranking this album right now. I'm liking what I hear so far.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

:glugglug:

I beg to differ, im very unimpressed with this album.

But I havent liked a Metallica album since .....and Justice For All :dunno: but I keep buying them just to see if they go back to the old magic.

Hasnt happend yet IMO

Shifty

O.G.
I kinda agree w/ you. I'm not in love with it ... yet, but I think its needs more listening to.

I agree - Justice was probably the last album I really loved as well, Master Of Puppets being my favorite Metallica album - actually one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time.

Since St Anger, i have completely lost my interest in Metallica.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
When I first heard Death Magnetic I was amped as fuck. I honestly thought to myself, "THEY'RE BACK!!!". But, now that I've heard it a few times, I'm only mildly pleased with it. Booze helps with that though.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how good Garage, Inc. (Disc 2) was. Even though most of those songs are insanely under-produced, they're still bad ass. Especially this little gem.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how good Garage, Inc. (Disc 2) was. Even though most of those songs are insanely under-produced, they're still bad ass. Especially this little gem.

Fucking good piece of Metallica! Am i Evil?, Blitzkrieg, Breadfan, Stone Cold Crazy, So What, Stone Dead Forever, Too Late Too Late are my favourites.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
I listened the CD today and it has some good songs but it doesn't call my atenttion at all to listen it again... too many long songs... why that??

I give it a 5.5/10 to Death Magnetic

Well im a big MetallicA fan and i thought the new album was great!!!! It has the sound of the old school MetallicA mixed with the new school. I bought it yesterday when it was released and have not stopped listening to it yet. To me.....they are back !!!!! :bowdown:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
its ok at best. older is better in metallicas case. :(

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
From what I have heard off of it, the mix is pretty sad to me. The drums are way out in front, and the bass guitar level needs to be brought up. The songs I've heard aren't bad, but Lars is not that great of a drummer, certainly not good enough to be so predominant in the mix, I think it's his ego, he thinks he is Metallica.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
From what I have heard off of it, the mix is pretty sad to me. The drums are way out in front, and the bass guitar level needs to be brought up. The songs I've heard aren't bad, but Lars is not that great of a drummer, certainly not good enough to be so predominant in the mix, I think it's his ego, he thinks he is Metallica.

Thank you. I'm sick of people who suck his dick and claim that he's an amazing drummer. No, he's not. The only reason people think he's something special is because he is in METALLICA, aka - one of the most popular bands of all time.

If he played the same exact drumlines but he was in a band like Maroon 5 or Winger, nobody would even know who he was.

I cranked it on my car stereo when I first bought it, loved it. There's still some weird tempo changes in the songs but there are some heavy and fast riffs throughout, it kinda sounds like a mixture of Justice and Garage Inc, can definitely hear elements of those albmus in it. The drums sound a lot better and so do the vocals, overall I'm pretty happy with it, this makes up for St. Anger.

I'm about as big a fan as you will meet, (my SN "unspoiled69" coming straight from my favorite tallica song Dyers Eve....) and i LOVE half the songs, and am ok with half. some remind me of black album/load/reload and the ones i don't like remind me of st.anger....

I used to love them, but I haven't really listened since highschool.

after they turned into total douchebags and that whole napster thing, I couldn't really care less about them. I did hear st. anger and it wasn't anywhere near worth the wait that I had been hoping for after reload. It was like "the next metallica album is going to be so awesome!" and then I just didn't care anymore by the time it finally came out.

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
make sure you play kill'em all ride the lighting master of puppet's an justice for all and the black album after it which all toally blow death meganetic load and reload and st anger right out of the water. i herd this album online and feel it's meteoaker compared to the rest. im not a fan of rob i did not like him with ozzy he is too much of a show off.

You know I was expecting something along the lines of the old stuff with this new album. But not a complete move back to the old ways, as they would never do that, they would loose the mainstream fanbase they have made sinse 1996. And that is of more inportance to them than the fanbase that put them on the map.This Death Magnetic shit is average at best. This is what you get when you have a bunch of losers that are too old to rock anymore.

Fucking good piece of Metallica! Am i Evil?, Blitzkrieg, Breadfan, Stone Cold Crazy, So What, Stone Dead Forever, Too Late Too Late are my favourites.

And they are not even Crapallica songs originally.

I'm cranking this album right now. I'm liking what I hear so far.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

:glugglug:

Great album.:thumbsup: St.Anger sucks, this one is a big improvement.

I beg to differ, im very unimpressed with this album.

But I havent liked a Metallica album since .....and Justice For All :dunno: but I keep buying them just to see if they go back to the old magic.

Hasnt happend yet IMO

Agreed, except I haven't bought a Metallica album since Black. Love their stuff from the 80s, but they just don't appeal to me anymore.