• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metallica: Death Magnetic

I'm liken the album but definitely missen the older stuff

LOL! Yeah, "you win" :1orglaugh

Attempting to laugh it off wont make it any less true.

Death Magnetic is dull. There are no decent guitar riffs, no melody, no thought, no nothing put into the album. The music is as flat as Milla Jovovich's chest. It's the same old same old they have been doing for the past decade or more. The only reason these FUCKING SELLOUT BASTARDS are still around is because of their back catalogue [from the early 90's and before]. They would never have succeeded if back in the day they played the shit they are playing now.

DM is crap and so are the four business men in suits with a company [not band] called Metallica.

Spleen

Banned?
i lost interest in metallica after jason left before they even bothered to make st.anger

The new guy is a far superior player to Jason. He's almost as good as Cliff, just not as ground breaking as he was at the time.

Attempting to laugh it off wont make it any less true.

I'm not laughing it off. I really thought you were making a joke when you said Sabaton make good metal albums.

It's the same old same old they have been doing for the past decade or more.

It is nothing like the stuff they have written in the last decade, this is the closest thing to the original Metallica, while still remaining fresh. It's pretty fucking impressive that they pulled it off.

It's just a shame people like yourself can't get over the mistakes the band has made in the past. Hating Metallica is just a trend that people love joining in with.

DM is crap and so are the four business men in suits with a company [not band] called Metallica.

If they were in it only for the money, they would just release a "greatest hits" album or a live DVD and watch the money roll in. But they didn't. They worked their asses off to make a good album.

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
never said i liked jason i just lost interest in metallica after he left im a cliff burton fan.
i also think that cliff's death is still affecting james inside i don't think he is over it yet.

you probably think load is a good album

I liked Load. I will admit when I heard it the first time I was like wth. Afterwards, I started to like it. I did not care for Reload and onward though. I miss the old Metallica. Death Magnetic is so so with me. I did not buy the album but downloaded it for Guitar Hero III.

down iii was a disappointed, it couldn't stand the 2 earlier albums at all.

better metal albums than death magnetic released in 2008:
meshuggah, opeth, extreme, cult of luna

just to name a few. don't get me wrong, i really enjoy the new metallica, it rocks in a loosen up way (a way, st. anger didn't offer) and delivers at least 3 great songs (the end of the line, broken beat and scarred, all nightmare long). the rest is nice, but not brillant.

down iii was a disappointed, it couldn't stand the 2 earlier albums at all.

better metal albums than death magnetic released in 2008:
meshuggah, opeth, extreme, cult of luna

just to name a few. don't get me wrong, i really enjoy the new metallica, it rocks in a loosen up way (a way, st. anger didn't offer) and delivers at least 3 great songs (the end of the line, broken beat and scarred, all nightmare long). the rest is nice, but not brillant.

I really loved NOLA and 2, 3 is a weak link but I still like it and think its better than Death Magnetic. I forgot about Opeth I havent got it yet but now that I have been reminded I will get it.

well.. i don't like the discussion killer sentence "taste differs", but.. ;)

ok, to me the last down album didn't do it like the new metallica but i don't think you can compare those albums. metallica's is somewhere between thrash and mainstream rock, down is somewhere between southern rock, blues and hardcore. so the only thing i could compare is "how did it grab me". i don't think down have written enough good songs for the last one. good musicians, good sound, but no "together". try the new extreme for example - it's more comparable to the last down album cause of its bluesy roots. and it offers much more enjoyment, heart and soul to listen to :)

It is nothing like the stuff they have written in the last decade, this is the closest thing to the original Metallica, while still remaining fresh. It's pretty fucking impressive that they pulled it off.

Impressive that they pulled it off? a less than average album is impressive?. A little effort is all that I ask, especially if they want people to buy the noise they record.

Yes it is like the stuff they have made over the past decade. You can hear it in the music. They still have that sound that seperates them from the past. That is one reason why Newstead left, he was the only one left in the band that wanted to play Heavy Metal. Open your eyes.

It's just a shame people like yourself can't get over the mistakes the band has made in the past. Hating Metallica is just a trend that people love joining in with.

I dont forgive treachery in the slightest. Never have, never will. Especially not from a bunch of cunts that make money off of the fans and live on that wealth [Crapallica] then decide they are too good to play that kind of music now. So they then go and play softer mainstream friendly music [hence the reason they are at the top of the UK charts at the moment]. Metal is Metal, it isn't chart friendly. And to do really well in the charts nowadays you have to conform to mainstream rules. Like what Jimmy Hetfield and co have done. It was different in the 1980's a time when Heavy Metal was the most powerful and dominant music force on the planet and no one could touch it. Metal bands were all over the charts [well good ones were] where as nowadays they will let anyone get to the top with little to no effort from them [besides Metal bands that is]. Tallica are not Metal.

Crapallica have not learned from their past mistakes, they wont even try to either. They are too busy rolling in the cash to even care. It is past glories that keep them here, in the media's eye, nothing else. They could fall off the face of the planet tomorrow and I would not shed one tear for them. They have dug their own graves, now all that is left, is for us to push them into it and fill the hole in.

They worked their asses off to make a good album.

They obviously never worked hard enough then. As it still has that mouldy sound from the past twelve years of dire music making. There is no hint of the older style in the music. Just because it is slightly heavy on DM that doesn't mean it is a nod to the old school ffs. Tallica are so far from the old school style you would need binoculars to see them.

Now, for those of you interested in Sabaton's new album: The Art of War. I do not include this guy who I responded to with the post above. As he wont see past the whole fakery that is Crapallica. And has it set in his mind that Crapallica are what they are regardless of what others state.

This is for the rest of you chaps, check this out.

Ghost Division - Sabaton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjgRvaTunc

Firestorm - Sabaton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Ii_L0MSiM

Attero Dominatus - Sabaton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu55FjIbAUo

The music is way better than anything from DM and the lyrics are like small history lessons in themselves, but in a fun way of being history lessons, as you can bang your head :banger:

"Metal on Metal the hardened breed. True to the end a fire to feed!." - Anvil.

I beg to differ, im very unimpressed with this album.

But I havent liked a Metallica album since .....and Justice For All :dunno: but I keep buying them just to see if they go back to the old magic.

Hasnt happend yet IMO

That saved me some typing :thumbsup:

Spleen

Banned?
I dont forgive treachery in the slightest. Never have, never will. Especially not from a bunch of cunts that make money off of the fans and live on that wealth [Crapallica] then decide they are too good to play that kind of music now. So they then go and play softer mainstream friendly music [hence the reason they are at the top of the UK charts at the moment]. Metal is Metal, it isn't chart friendly. And to do really well in the charts nowadays you have to conform to mainstream rules.

You haven't even listened to Death Magnetic have you?

Why are you in this conversation?

Death Magnetic is no more "chart friendly" than Master of Puppets.

The reason it's number 1 is because it is so highly antisipated, not because it's made for pop-fans.

Now, get out of the thread.

Okay, I've listened to the album a couple more times and as I still dont think its that great its better than I gave it credit for in my first post. Its still nowhere near the standard of past albums but i'll give it credit.

Its a Grower, as a priest said to a bishop :D

Death is best since the Black. I like most of the album.

There best album is undoubtably Master of Puppets. Quite possibly the best metal album ever.