• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metallica: Death Magnetic

It's better than the sonic excretions they produced the last 15 years, but its far from a return-to-form, as many may claim. There's no hunger, no fire, no drive. Oh, and the album is botched by a hack mix job.

Let's not forget they are multi-millionaires pushing forty, hardly the "young, angry musician" that usually is associated with great forward thinkin music.

Oh, and the album is botched by a hack mix job.

You heard? There is a new article in RS that states there is a petition going around to have it re-mixed. People are complaining it's too loud. Anyway, to hear people here say it's the best since IJFA is promising (My favorite metal album of all time). I'm still burning the new one though... ;)

Kil4Thril

Closed Account
Try to get the collection from the Guitar Hero 3 game. It is more dynamic. The compression isn't quite as bad and it does make it easier to listen. Ear fatigue takes longer to set in. I fucking HATE the engineering of every album since around 1990 :mad:

Shifty

O.G.
I think it's mixed well. It reminds me of Kill 'Em All.

Talking about mixing - in some parts on the Master Of Puppets album the base is very high - rattles the speakers. And Justice For All - that album is all Hetfield and Ulrich. These aren't criticisms, only points.

Kil4Thril

Closed Account

Talking about mixing - in some parts on the Master Of Puppets album the base is very high - rattles the speakers. And Justice For All - that album is all Hetfield and Ulrich. These aren't criticisms, only points.

It is mixed fine, it's the engineering that's absolute phail. They compressed it to sound loud on small radios and fucking iPODS. I prefer to listen through my car stereo and my home theater, and they're both full audiophile-approved systems that show every last flaw in the recording. There is also a large amount of background static "hiss" in the recording.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
This thread is still alive and well? HUH...

It is mixed fine, it's the engineering that's absolute phail. They compressed it to sound loud on small radios and fucking iPODS. I prefer to listen through my car stereo and my home theater, and they're both full audiophile-approved systems that show every last flaw in the recording. There is also a large amount of background static "hiss" in the recording.

So you guys like it? Am I going to go deaf when I crank my Sony all the way when I finally burn this disc? :dunno:

Its only the #1 album in the country right now with 1million copies sold.

I like it. Its no "and justice for all" but its better than "st. anger".

1. and justice for all
2. Master of Puppets
3. Ride the Lightining
4. Kill em all
5. Garage Days
6. Black album
7. Death Magnetic
8. Load
9. Re-Load

10. Bee-Gees greatest hits

999. st. anger:rofl:

Spleen

Banned?
And now people are complaining about the production? Sweet fucking jesus THAT IS RICK RUBIN YOU ARE TALKIN' ABOUT!

I worked on the set for the new tour a few days ago. It's fucking awesome! As a main part of the show they have 4 metallic coffins suspended in the air, one over each corner of the stage, with 7 high-end moving lights in each one. I was only there for one day, and nothing is in place yet (they're still fucking with set pieces not fitting properly where they want them), but what's in place looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I am so jealous right now.

And I have to wait until January 12. *pout*

Just found out that my sister's friend's boyfriend happens to be the cousin of Kirk 'freakin' Hammett and his aunt gave him two tickets to the show in Oakland sometime in December as well as some other family benefits im sure. Looks like i just found a new best friend.:thumbsup:

Metallica - Death Magnetic Pulling Closer

I thought id make this thingy about the Death Magnetic album, firstly i would like to say i think this album fucking owns man, i think its as good as there old stuff. Pretty much every song owns, so watta ya think?:bowdown:

:thefinger

Kil4Thril

Closed Account
Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic Pulling Closer

I think the songs are good, but the production/engineering is the biggest pile of shit ever. If this thread isn't a joke, use the search next time. It was beaten totally to death when it was released.

Edit. I guess they are playing slower. But its kinda like the wanker stuff thats out already in droves these days. Time to starts being like the old metallica and make some epic songs again.