• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hardest Sport to play

What is the Hardest Sport to play?

• Football

Votes: 29 16.1%
  • Baseball

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • Basketball

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Hockey

Votes: 86 47.8%
  • Soccer

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Hockey is the hardest followed by football.
By the way golf IS NOT A SPORT!!!

i vote hockey.

but, let us not forget skateboarding. those are athletes. who volunteers to beat the hell out of themselves. to whom else is a rolled ankle like a fly brushing against the leg?

fighters, too.

nothingandless said:
i vote hockey.

but, let us not forget skateboarding. those are athletes. who volunteers to beat the hell out of themselves. to whom else is a rolled ankle like a fly brushing against the leg?

fighters, too.
now this is funny. skateboarders athletes? you want a rolled ankle? i got a story for you. and guess what? it was playing a real sport. skateboarding a sport? whats next, ice skating is a sport? first off, anything judged is NOT a sport. a sport is won on the field or rink. second, skateboarders are pussies. i ran into a few. they backed down to little ole me.

iamforever said:
first off, anything judged is NOT a sport. .

So Diving isn't a sport or Horse Racing, athletics, all swimming or any sport with a ref, umpire either as these are judges of a sort. So what is a sport under this theory, "live today from a living room near comes international watching TV" :rolleyes:

poggy1 said:
So Diving isn't a sport or Horse Racing, athletics, all swimming or any sport with a ref, umpire either as these are judges of a sort. So what is a sport under this theory, "live today from a living room near comes international watching TV" :rolleyes:
thank you poggy.

my time to shine. diving-no. horse racing-nope the animal is doing all the work. swimming-nope. and refs and umps, they have a RULEBOOK to follow. baseball, football, basketball, soccer, hockey, not judged. those sports are not based on opinion. that is what skating, and skateboarding are based on. so is boxing. its all opinion. i give soandso a "9" thats not a sport. and that quote you gave has no bearing on what i said.

iamforever said:
thank you poggy.

my time to shine. diving-no. horse racing-nope the animal is doing all the work. swimming-nope. and refs and umps, they have a RULEBOOK to follow. baseball, football, basketball, soccer, hockey, not judged. those sports are not based on opinion. that is what skating, and skateboarding are based on. so is boxing. its all opinion. i give soandso a "9" thats not a sport. and that quote you gave has no bearing on what i said.

Can I then point this out to you, in swimming your use more muscles than in just about any other sport. Plus a judge is following a rulebook just the same as ref's and umpires. Now I'm not saying skateboarding is a sport. But a sport is something that takes skill and physical energy to do and is a contest.

poggy1 said:
Can I then point this out to you, in swimming your use more muscles than in just about any other sport. Plus a judge is following a rulebook just the same as ref's and umpires. Now I'm not saying skateboarding is a sport. But a sport is something that takes skill and physical energy to do and is a contest.
wrong. i take it you didnt play sports? so swimming uses more muscles. dont make it a sport. and the judging, do you know what" judge" means? basically, it means your discretion. take figure skating for example. what i think is an 8, could be a 6 to someone else. it is all opinion. only a judge in court uses a rulebook. and a sport is something that does take skill and physical energy, but so does jacking off. is that a sport?

iamforever said:
thank you poggy.

How is boxing an opinion any more than the other sports. The judges have a set of rules they follow just like a referee in the other sports. I fail to see whether a judge decides to count a blow that lands as any different than the judgment calls in say for example baseball where they have to determine if a ball when fair or foul when it flies out of the park, or in football where they have to make a judgment call on if a somebody goes out of bounds, or in hockey where they have to determine if somebody committed a penalty or in basketball where the refs have to make a call on if somebody foot was on the three point line when they shoot. True sometimes they are crooked but that doesn't have any impact on what they are suppose to do. The only thing I could see as opinion different than the other sports if they're in a fight where the rules call for some advantage to be given to the more aggressive of the opponents in the event of a tie breaker.

Plus it is kind of hard to have it be an opinion when one of the contestants gets knocked out, no opinion there.

Last edited:
D-rock said:
How is boxing an opinion any more than the other sports. The judges have a set of rules they follow just like a referee in the other sports. I fail to see whether a judge decides to count a blow that lands as any different than the judgment calls in say for example baseball where they have to determine if a ball when fair or foul when it flies out of the park, or in football where they have to make a judgment call on if a somebody goes out of bounds, or in hockey where they have to determine if somebody committed a penalty or in basketball where the refs have to make a call on if somebody foot was on the three point line when they shoot. True sometimes they are crooked but that doesn't have any impact on what they are suppose to do. The only think I could see as opinion different than the other sports if there in a fight where the rules call for some advantage to be given to the more aggressive of the opponents in a tie breaker.

Plus it is kind of hard to have it be an opinion when one of the contestants gets knocked out, no opinion there.
some punches refs call illegal and some dont. and some boxing refs stop the fight on their own discretion. thats proof enough. it is ALL opinion. ive seen some refs not call lowblows. hell, there was a fight a couple weeks ago where the refs didnt call the blatant lowblows. that cancels out your theory.

iamforever said:
that cancels out your theory.

Uhh, not really, your line of thinking here isn't following your own logic from your previous post. They either didn't see it or they decided to not follow the rules, in which case that is more unprofessional behavior than an opinion. Just like if a baseball player hits the ball out the park and the umpires just arbitrarily decide it's not a home run, just because he wants to. That wouldn't all of a sudden make baseball not a sport. If they just didn't notice it or thought something else happened that is just a judgment call they got wrong. Just like if somebody comes up to a quarterback in football (American) and levels him with a helmet-to-helmet hit that is against the rules but isn't called because it wasn't noticed.

Last edited:
D-rock said:
Uhh, not really, your line of thinking here isn't following your own logic from your previous post. They either didn't see it or they decided to not follow the rules, in which case that is more unprofessional behavior than an opinion. Just like if a baseball player hits the ball out the park and the umpires just arbitrarily decide it's not a home run, just because he wants to. That wouldn't all of a sudden make baseball not a sport. If they just didn't notice it or thought something else happened that is just a judgment call they got wrong. Just like if somebody comes up to a quarterback in football (American) and levels him with a helmet-to-helmet hit that isn't called and is against the rules.
yes it does. if they didnt see it, thats the refs problem. but remember, when it is one on one, it cant be a sport. every sport is team on team. boxing is more rigged than wrestling. case in point: klitschco vs lewis. vitaly was whipping lewis ass. who stopped the fight? the ref. not vitaly. and why did lennox retire after that fight? i wonder.

yes, the unpires are morons. but they dont call ahr foul because they want to. those boxing judges do call the fights as they see fit. ive seen a lot of bad judging in boxing. its ridiculous. boxing used to be great. just like figure skating, the judges get in the way. any more rebuttals? i can throw them all night.

iamforever said:
i take it you didnt play sports?

Lets see I didn't play sports hmmm...
Football (soccer, semi pro), rugby, athletics (both track and field, 100m in 10.7), swimming (well over a mile), tennis, cricket, baseball, karate, cycling...

Do you want me to carry on ?

I only stopped due to a serious knee injury forced me too on the third time of asking. But hell your right I didn't do any sport as they all fall under your theory that none of these are sports.

poggy1 said:
Lets see I didn't play sports hmmm...
Football (soccer, semi pro), rugby, athletics (both track and field, 100m in 10.7), swimming (well over a mile), tennis, cricket, baseball, karate, cycling...

Do you want me to carry on ?

I only stopped due to a serious knee injury forced me too on the third time of asking. But hell your right I didn't do any sport as they all fall under your theory that none of these are sports.
we got something in common. now what about the rest of the post?

iamforever said:
we got something in common. now what about the rest of the post?

Okay here you go, you say ice skating isn't a sport. Well lets see it's done by a team or person that is pushing both body and mind to there limits. Now the judges score the person or team on their perfomance as it states in a rulebook. Hold on a minute, isn't football and most other sports judged by a scoring system. Do we see a pattern forming here ?

Also as in football it is all judged by a persons eye. In football a ref judges a match to see if tackles and play in general is fair and just. The same goes in ice skating except the person just goes by a different name.

So as I said no sport is a sport under your theory :1orglaugh

poggy1 said:
Okay here you go, you say ice skating isn't a sport. Well lets see it's done by a team or person that is pushing both body and mind to there limits. Now the judges score the person or team on their perfomance as it states in a rulebook. Hold on a minute, isn't football and most other sports judged by a scoring system. Do we see a pattern forming here ?

Also as in football it is all judged by a persons eye. In football a ref judges a match to see if tackles and play in general is fair and just. The same goes in ice skating except the person just goes by a different name.

So as I said no sport is a sport under your theory :1orglaugh
yep, your english. i didnt know that. you dont know our football. we score just like soccer. enough said. points are points when you score them on someone's DEFENSE. sure some football refs miss plays, but as i recall the soccer refs were horrible during the cup. so dont even go there. and for the last time, skating is not a sport. why couldnt you bring up ping pong? thats more of a sport than ice skating. and yes, we do see a pattern. my football, your football are sports. i never doubted that. but boxing, skating, they are not sports. they are judged. it is in the discretion of the judge to give the final tally. a real sport is played and won on the field.

iamforever said:
yep, your english. i didnt know that. you dont know our football. we score just like soccer. enough said. points are points when you score them on someone's DEFENSE. sure some football refs miss plays, but as i recall the soccer refs were horrible during the cup. so dont even go there. and for the last time, skating is not a sport. why couldnt you bring up ping pong? thats more of a sport than ice skating. and yes, we do see a pattern. my football, your football are sports. i never doubted that. but boxing, skating, they are not sports. they are judged. it is in the discretion of the judge to give the final tally. a real sport is played and won on the field.

I've one thing to say about US football, a 1 hour game that takes 3 - 4 hours to play and you call that sport. Hell I still can't even workout why it's called football, theres only one person touches the ball with his foot! So don't get me started on that subject and if it's a sport or not, as like the world series where apart from a couple of canadian teams take part how can you call it world series. And I like baseball!

Before I go to work I'll leave you with this, what is your idea of a sport. Because the way it comes across, if you don't like it, you don't class it as a sport! Hell I hate cricket with a passion (and thats strange for a Yorkshireman) but I still call it a sport.

Lol well I either currently do, or used to play all of those sports,and I watch them all on the TV. IMO hockey was by far the hardest to learn, and it's still the most grueling one to play.

First of all you have to know how to skate... and THEN you have to learn how to skate for hockey. It's two entirely different things. Only the best skaters can be hockey players. You also gotta learn how to hit, stickhandle, shoot, and pass. Not too hard... these skills aren't exactly harder to learn than other sports. The problem is that everything's so fast paced, on account of everybody being on skates.

But as far as athletic conditioning goes, it's not as "tough" as many people think. A small guy doesn't have to be built like a tank as long as he's speedy. But a bigger guy who's likely to be stronger still HAS to be as fast as possible to be successful.

The best conditioned athletes IMO are professional cyclists.

But yeah I picked hockey because it's got the highest learning curve of all the games in the poll. Soccer is probably the easiest to pick up and play, followed by basketball, then baseball, then football, then hockey.

I think Snooker is a tough sport ok not physically but extremely mentally hard.
Not only is there immense level of skill (much more imo then a field sport) but the pressure and the mental demons they face in the heat of battle is almost inhumane lol:)