• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite US Sport

Which sport do you prefer

• Basket-Ball

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Football

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Baseball

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Hockey

Votes: 36 27.3%

• Total voters
I wonder which "US Sport" is the most popular in USA (and Canada)
Basket-ball ?
Football ?
Baseball ?
Hockey ?

In Europe, Africa and Latin America Soccer is the #1 , by far.
In Asia it's Martial Arts (with differents #1 in every countries).
In a few countries (South africa, New Zealand, Australia, Fidji, etc...) Rugby is the most popular.

So, citizen of USA and Canada, which sport is your favorite ?

Hockey is popular in Canada...lol...Americans dont really like it much i think....its an awesome game...more hitting than football...and they fight...and baseball is a close second

Last edited:

SeraphiM

Retired Moderator
Basket-ball is one word in the US of A Basketball.

Hockey for me, baseball is a far far away second place ! :D

member987

Closed Account
I selected baseball. I seem to follow baseball more than the other sports. Maybe because it is a long enough season that even though I miss a week or two I can still tune in and catch up.

I also like college football (as well as high school football). I don't always have the opportunity to catch one game a week during the football season due to travel/work etc.

March Madness college basketball is also a very exciting time. We also get the dick hardly babe poll here at FO's!! March is a very good month!!

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
I like both football and basketball for the constant excitement (usually with football anyway). I'd gotten into baseball a bit, but it was more of a social event to go to games and watch.

I, frankly, think that foot and basket have at the pro level in the US, a lot to teach Europe regarding catering to fans and "watchability".

College Basketball is the pinacle for me. Been to a few final fours.

Pro Football after that.

Pro Basketball and College Football are tied for third.

Baseball only exists during playoff time.

Hockey is below Golf and Tennis for me, but I do still watch the playoffs sometimes.

member20672

Closed Account
Hockey, even though i live in AZ, i still enjoy watching and even playing it. Baseball comes in at second.

Last edited:
US... its football,

in canada its hockey

Basketball for me, easily. Hockey is ok.

oh.. now I saw the first post. I thought you asked everybody, im not from America.

Last edited:
My favorite sport of the ones above is baseball. A few years ago I became a statistical analyzing nut when it comes to it. Baseball just lends itself to that sort of stuff better because of the way the game is structured.

My next favorite is probably hockey. It used to be football(American) but that has let my down over time. Even if it was well before I was born, I wish they would go back to the way they played in the sixties. It seemed like a much rougher game then.

My favorite sport of all is mixed martial art competitions like UFC and Pride fighting. It makes boxing look boring.

baseball is my fav. that is all that i ever knew was baseball growing up. another reason is probably because that is the only pro sport that i have ever seen live.

my tastes have changed as the sports and players have changed over the years, but my favorite is and will always be nfl football...and on the seventh day god created the gridiron...

after that:

college hoops (march madness is da shiznit...)
pro hoops (pro ball aint what it used to be but the playoffs are pretty decent)
tennis (i still say borg retired too early)
cycling (i still love systeme-u's uniforms...)
golf (hate to be stereotypical but tiger makes it sooo exciting considering he's always in contention, even when he's a couple-few strokes behind)
auto racing (except nascar)
hockey (much better to watch in person that on tv)

soccer ("real football") just doesn't turn me on, especially the part where the guy gets hit and writhes in pain as if he's been mangled by a tiger, only to run and jump around like a gazelle seconds later when his teammate scores a goal...always get a kick outta that.

and nope, despite the fact that i'm from chicago and am a die-hard white sox fan (my grandmother used to take me to old comiskey all the time...and i remember when ozzie guillen won rookie of the year almost 20 years ago), i don't have baseball on my list at all...i'm watching it now cuz the sox are in the world series but can't stand watching it on tv otherwise...when i go to games (and i usually go to wrigley...the bleachers are the best place in the world to be on a july afternoon - and i root against the cubs), i usually arrive no earlier than the 3rd inning and am out after the 7th inning stretch. waaaaayyyy too much dead air to be interesting...

Marie said:
Basketbal player here!

Leave it to the "Super Moderator" to sum up my thoughts into three simple words, even if one of them does have a spelling error.

FOOTBALL!!! I love Sunday's just because it is pigskin day! I'm a Bears fan, so I know what it is like to be dissapointed, but either way Football is the highlght for me!