• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chinese Democracy - Guns N Roses new CD

Re: Chinese Democracy

still on the fence as to whether i wanna go out and grab this...it seems people either really love it, or really hate it. which may just be the mark of true greatness.

Here is the flaw in your argument that Axl Rose was just an "identifiable voice" and didn't help make Guns N Roses the band that they were...

Axl Rose wrote a lot of the music that Guns N Roses played. He wrote most of the lyrics himself and helped orchestrate all of the instruments that were involved in each song. He also played the piano, which was a very important instrument in the sound that Guns N Roses played. He also had a very distinct voice, which helped make Guns N Roses a band that stood out from all of the others.

Um... he wrote lyrics... thats about it! maybe november rain, but according to thier first album (which everyone and thier mother, including yours, loves) axl only wrote lyrics. music was all written by slash, duff, stradlin, sorry buddy you're wrong there. and guess what? wasn't that the album that made them as big as they were?

Now, you then go on to talk about when David Lee Roth left Van Halen and started his solo project. You also say that when Van Halen had Sammy Hagar as a lead singer that they didn't sound like Van Halen, even though their style of music hadn't changed. But wait, wouldn't that contradict your argument that Axl Rose didn't make Guns N Roses because he was only an "identifiable voice"...???

hey 'music man'. listen to 1984, then eat em and smile. the guitar work is very similar. where as you listen to van halens follow up ou812 and 5150, they just wrote love songs and shit about dreams.

Van Halen + Van Halen music + David Lee Roth (the voice) = Van Halen
Van Halen + Van Halen music + Sammy Hagar (the voice) = NOT Van Halen?

no

eddie van halen + michael jackson= beat it, which = number 1 hit
eddie van halen + david lee roth + keyboards=number 1 hit =jump
eddie van halen + sammy hagar= 2 guitarist- 1 for keyboards= shitty ass love songs about dreams.

van halen...err i mean van hagar never had as iconic songs as they did with dlr.
its the same with kiss, once ace frehley and peter criss left, what happened with kiss? they un-masked, thier drummer died, they sucked.

The only difference is the voice, so...
:dunno:
Oh, and listen to Van Halen's album III, when they had Gary Cherone as their lead singer. It fucking SUCKS. Not because the music is all that terrible, but because of the lead singer. It sounded nothing like Van Halen because their lead singer didn't have a "Van Halen voice". Since there was no "identifiable voice" on that album, it has been regarded as a joke and not a true "Van Halen" record.

first and foremost, i said in an earlier post that vh3 sucks just as much as chinese democracy, st anger, risk, and any other shitty album that a hard rock/metal band put out. and with sammy influencing the band direction (as all singers do) he wanted more gay love dreamy songs. fuck that thats not what vh is about.

plus with the singer working as the musician, you really dont have as much input as a guitarist does. im 99% sure axl didn't come up with that sweet child of mine riff, just the lyrics. and that goes with every other recognizable guitar riff in the 'book'

Axl Rose wasn't everything that Guns N Roses had, but he was an important piece. In order to become a band, you need all of the pieces to work. Guns N Roses wouldn't be Guns N Roses without Slash. Guns N Roses wouldn't be Guns N Roses without Duff. Guns N Roses wouldn't be Guns N Roses without Dizzy, etc, etc...

THANK YOU for that last sentence, something we agree on... .. .. however axl was hardly an important piece, id say slash and stradlin were. ITs true, axl only brought them november rain, and a lot of bad press about a wild stupid crazy retarded fuck-face ass twat of a lead singer axl was. he brought 1 thing positive to the band. and thats its. nothing more. he sucks

by the way dont by the cd, you cant get your dr pepper now cuz it was only eligible on the dayy of the cd's release.

fuck chinese demo!

I thought this album would be more huddle but, I have yet to hear from it. I hope its not all metal and is more in depth, like there previous albums.

No longer is The Spaghetti Incident the worst Guns album!! How I yearn for 1987...

whats' the big idea. do the solos fall or, or is it just a counter claim to try and come together again? whatever it is, I really hope its not as bad as you say..oh

This says much about them Initially. I'm not sure if they care or if they are trying to live out whatever it is they are trying to live out. Whatever it may be. oh well, how were the people suppose to know this album was going to be as bad off as it was.

Spleen

Banned?

The album isn't worth 15 years of waiting, but it's still better than I ever imagined it would be. Not bad for a comeback really.

What do you think about the new "Guns N´ Roses" album?

I don´t like it at all. Axl Rose disappeared I heard days ago. Right, disappear! "YOUR" album is a shame!

Re: What do you think about the new "Guns N´ Roses" album?

Guns n' Roses is cock rock, bullshit!

Even Metallica are better and they only ever had a few decent songs.

The same as I think about the surface of Neptune, not a clue.

haven't heard it entirely it couldn't be that bad because its gun's n roses. people we're probably just expecting something new. like a different style or verse or tempo change. It could be easy to upset someone.

haven't heard it entirely it couldn't be that bad because its gun's n roses. people we're probably just expecting something new. like a different style or verse or tempo change. It could be easy to upset someone.

Exactly the opposite, actually.

Far too many people were hoping it would sound exactly like the old Guns n' Roses ('there's no Slash, it doesn't sound like G n' R!'). They don't like the fact that there are more ballads, and less obvious hard rock tunes.

I prefer the old stuff too, but when I judge this album on its own merits, I think it's damn fine rock music - some of the catchiest I've heard in years. If it was a debut album from some unknown group, people would be raving about it.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies

I think it's a pretty good album.

It's an Axl Rose solo album as far as I'm concerned. Guns N Roses died years ago. I think that Velvet Revolver should be able to use the neame, because they Guns N Roses minus Axl. I think this proves that the other originals can make it without Axl, but Axl can't make it without the other originals.

^^^Never really liked Velvet Revolver, I think it was because I didnt enjoy the lead singer and his gyrations and hair styles. Alas Velvet Revolver has disbanded and now the rest of the classic GNR band is releasing solo albums kinda like Axl did with Chinese Democracy.